Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2007, 17:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msharma_79 View Post
go for esteem then, cng works really well in esteem.
and yeah maruti does give the warranty on the cng fitments, but they also will be surprised when you would ask them to fit one in brand new Sx4.
I dont think maruti gives any warranty on after market CNG fitments... why would they come up with a factory kitted wagon r lpg then?
Old 12th September 2007, 17:18   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I dont think maruti gives any warranty on after market CNG fitments... why would they come up with a factory kitted wagon r lpg then?
just reconfirmed with apra motors gurgaon warranty stays if they fit the kit otherwise it goes.

more about why LPG in WagonR , i think it has been discussed search for it.
Old 12th September 2007, 18:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Saurabh,
Why would you want to spoil the SX4 by converting it into cng. CNG will not only eat into the boot space, it has limited range and you do not get it outside Delhi. Moreover there will be a drop in the performance of the car.

Moreover as pointed out by Msharma you will have to wait for a long time to recover the extra money spent. CNG would make good sense in a car like Accent, not so much on the SX4.
Old 13th September 2007, 01:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Firstly, warranty on CNG kits is a complete sham - the dealer basically gives his own warranty. That is not enough. Plus, CNG is best done by people who handle masses of cars - Shrimanker fits the bill, but be prepared to act like a taxiwala to be heard among taxiwalas.

Then again, check araiindia.com here, and see the latest list of kits approved for different vehicles. my mom's BS3 alto has not been converted so far, only for this reason!! Shrimanker isnt authorised, and you wouldn't wanna waste your time with chotu installers. Gas is no kids' business.
Old 13th September 2007, 19:55   #20
BHPian

I just recently got myself an SX4 vxi after 3 weeks of thorough analysis of every car in the segment. I posted my experiences in the SX4 vs Aveo thread. Check it out. Bottom line is that SX4 is great for space. Top end ZXI has a long wait list. the bottom line Vxi is available off the shelf. Not so great Mileage (9-10) loads of space, loads of features, great to drive.. only 2nd to Fiesta (IMHO) in driveability. Wont go wrong with this car Good Luck
Old 12th October 2007, 16:22   #21
Senior - BHPian

Lots of threads are available on SX4. Plonking CNG on SX4 . Pls do not do this to this car atleast. If you want the mileage go for Fiesta (TDCi). It gives a good mileage and more over it is diesel. As far as the resale value is concerned, I do hope you are not going to sell teh vehicle for 5 years and by that time, you would have recovered the cost you have invested.
Old 12th October 2007, 18:15   #22
BHPian

@saurabhb2000 : As far as I can gather, you are looking at a 3 box car in 5-6 lacs range with 2k kms monthly.

So Swift D and Indica D are out of window. Dont contemplate going for a petrol sedan like Esteem or SX4 or NHC if you plan to put CNG kit in it. You will ruin it (primary), as well as the warranty will not be intact (secondary).

Sorry no offences but if it is the snob value you are looking at in this kinda money, forget it. This I say because you are looking at SX4 with CNG. I may be wrong but thats what I feel.

If that is the case go for a second hand NHC, Baleno, Lancer, Accent and run it on a CNG.

Else, take the Indigo and forget the Logan.
Old 13th October 2007, 17:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Yeah....I second the views of cutdcrap. Do not plan for NHC/SX4 if you are putting CNG/LPG on these. These cars meant to enjoy the ride & performance. If you are looking at FE, then my advice would be go for Indigo/Logan Diesel or even used acccent CRDI.
Old 7th November 2007, 14:48   #24
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
I am looking to buy a diesel sedan.
Monthly driving of about 2000km in Delhi NCR.

Looking at possibly a choice between Indigo and Logan pricewise, but worried about the Indigo brand.
Thanks,
For sure Indigo is a sturdy car. I and 3 friends went in it for a 4 - day Chattisgarh trip from Hyderabad. Given the terrible state of roads in Chhatisgarh, the Indigo LS withstood all the torture without a murmur.
Fuel efficency is fantastic; we ended up getting 16 to 17 Kmpl - ride is good; and seating position comfortable. The gear shift is flimsy though - you never know if you are in neautral or not.

Even the spare parts are affordable - I will not comment on A.$.$ as I have not experienced service at a TATA service station.

To sum it up - you will not go wrond on a INDIGO LX. You might even want to try the Indigo XL Classic. Phenomenal rear seat space!

Logan, though miserly on fuel and a very practical car, dosent go down well on the looks department - very boxy looks.
Old 7th November 2007, 17:17   #25
BHPian

I have Indigo Marina TDI from last 3 years and no major problems. Go For Indigo is is VFM.
Old 8th November 2007, 05:51   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

I would suggest the Indigo Dicor LX.
It is cheaper, more nimble, has a better widespread service network, better interiors (IMHO), and even better fit and finish (The Logan that I saw was HORRIBLE!) and the best part is that it is indianised!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks