Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2007, 10:42   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Thx guys. I'll check out the Fiesta too. AFAIK Cedia is over 7.25L. Corolla is available through a special corporate deal.
If you get the Corolla for 7.25L ex-showroom... take it...

But, will you get the "safety" features and "as loaded as possible" for that money?

Max loaded & fun to drive --> SX4
Highly refined & VFM --> Verna 1.6XXi
For high miles usage --> Fiesta Diesel
Holding it for a long time (7+ years) --> City ZX Gxi
Old 28th September 2007, 10:46   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by samirsarkar View Post
I doubt the new Corolla will go the Camry way in terms of pricing as they are cars from different segments and also because the Toyota will be looking to pit the new Corolla against the Civic.
It is already pitted against Civic. The new Corolla has design features lifted from the existing Camry and is expected to cost a bit more than the prevailing rates.(falling dollar doesnt help here!)
Old 28th September 2007, 13:52   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashams_s View Post
It is already pitted against Civic. The new Corolla has design features lifted from the existing Camry and is expected to cost a bit more than the prevailing rates.(falling dollar doesnt help here!)
Agreed...it might cost a little more than the current model but certainly not 50% more as stated in the original post. They actually made a blunder in pricing the new Camry but the high cost might be due to the fact that it is imported as a CBU and the Indian Govt is the one making the money here.
Old 28th September 2007, 14:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Vcash - I would prefer the SX4 with the Fiesta as the second choice. Since this is going to be a chauffeured car (I'm assuming here) I think the SX4 is going to be a good bet especially with the handy equipment offer.
corolla is a strong car, and recomended. specially for chauffer drive. moreover the sx4 is not ready delivery and so out.
Old 30th September 2007, 15:16   #20
BHPian

okay guys - I was very dissapointed with the Corolla, even though the corporate pricing was really tantalizing at 7.25L. But this was the HE model and was stripped to the bone - no airbags, no climate control, no audio, no alloys, no leather, no interior / exterior trim, etc. It drove smoother than the SX-4 but did not have as much pep. The rear seating was comfortable but I preferred the the tall seating in the SX-4.

The SX-4 has been selected as the car of choice as it comes fully loaded - ABS / airbags / leather / integerated audio etc. the GC is superb at 190mm so should handle our roads quite nicely. I think the car is the right size for the city as well and would fit in nicely into our reworked garage for next year.

Thanks for all your inputs.
Old 30th September 2007, 15:55   #21
BHPian

sx4 is a cool car...i m goin for the same.
but i m still amazed about how is ur company is able to get such a good deal on corolla. frm wht i know even the basic 1 is close to 9 ex-showroom. which company do u work?
congrats for the new car

Last edited by vinodbijlani : 30th September 2007 at 15:57.
Old 30th September 2007, 17:47   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodbijlani View Post
sx4how is ur company is able to get such a good deal on corolla.
TKM negotiated a special deal. The company bought 35 cars. The dealer has 2 cars left and the 28th was the last day to decide. It is a Tata company.
Old 30th September 2007, 18:42   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Vcash! That's a good choice, what colour did you opt for?

P.S. Delhi nahi aa raha hai kya?
Old 30th September 2007, 19:05   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Congrats Vcash! That's a good choice, what colour did you opt for?

P.S. Delhi nahi aa raha hai kya?
Thankoo Sir - Pearl White is first option and metallic copper is second. Leaving for Dilli tomm. Will call you later this week as soon as I get settled in. Got a place in DLF Exclusive Floors, Phase V.

P.S. We need to go car hunting in Delhi too

Last edited by vcash : 30th September 2007 at 19:07.
Old 1st October 2007, 08:26   #25
BHPian

I think since safety is no 1 in your list SX4 leads the way
Old 1st October 2007, 11:51   #26
BHPian

Go for the SX4! The Corolle exec is a completely stripped-down version and the brand new Corolla will be launched next year. The Corolle executive comes without ABS/Air Bags/Alloys/Wooden interiors/Music System.

Go for a newer car and you said safety is important. Won't go wrong with the SX4.
Old 2nd October 2007, 18:04   #27
BHPian

Okay guys - trying to get ther car as soon as possible but only after the 10th (Some relegious thing....). An additional color choice would make it easier for the dealer. Thinking about the Metallic clear beige if it is pale enough but I have not seen enough on the road. It looks to "Jhintak" on the SX4 website. Can someone point me to pictures put up by users or tell me if it looks more like the first or second picture below. Could not find anything through google images or team-bhp search. Thanks.

P.S. Found one but not sure if this is what Maruti calls clear beige?

From Maruti website:

Last edited by vcash : 2nd October 2007 at 18:06.
Old 2nd October 2007, 19:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Thankoo Sir - Pearl White is first option and metallic copper is second. Leaving for Dilli tomm. Will call you later this week as soon as I get settled in. Got a place in DLF Exclusive Floors, Phase V.

P.S. We need to go car hunting in Delhi too
Good good! Hope everything goes well while settling down.

Will wait for your call.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks