Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2007, 13:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt. View Post
Nope, the last time i contacted the dealer ( which was 2 weeks ago ) the Elantra crdi was available. It costs 9.5 L on-road here in Trivandrum. But te dealer promised me lots of discounts on that.
Go for Elantra if you can get it `for lots of discounts' and then some more. At 7.5-8 on road, it should be decent if you plan to use it for long say more than 4 years. Optra Magnum is new and unproven. Elantra is old, proven, and a total washout over last 5 months (not as a car though, but in sales). However, there should be some stocks available. Elantra used to sell 60-70 per month in India till Mar 07, but sales are in single digits during July-Sep 07. Total of 14 sold in Jul-Sep 07. Hyundai would have definitely not produced much in August/Sep 07, and may not produce any either (going by sales of 5 in Aug-Jul 07). It really is a buyers market for Elantra and if you are really willing to buy it, then really drive a hard bargain. You do not know how low can the dealer go, but it may be more than 2 lakhs. That figure may sound unrealistic and outrageous but it could be even more (I remember Delhi dealers offering me 2 on Optra 1.8 and 2.5 on Optra 1.8 AT in Feb 07).
Old 11th October 2007, 13:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasu View Post
WhiteKnight sir what about the model is it crdi or?
Could check out only today. It is Elantra GT. I think it could've come much lower than 8.3L
Old 11th October 2007, 13:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubin2006 View Post
I think go for optra magnum diesel the amount which you will save in Elantra now would seem tiny if you compare it to what you loose selling the Super duper Flop Hyundai as and when you do it
Although it is a fact that Elantra has not been selling at all, it would be a bit early to suggest that Optra diesel would continue to be sell in the same numbers or that it is a success. 2 months do not make a success. Give at least 6 months. There seems a high probability (going by the past sales graphs of GM cars) that Optra diesel sales may go down before the next 6 months are over. Of course you can say that Optra diesel is a winner, but so was said about Spark and UVA. My conclusion: Elantra could be had for 7.5-8 (if onroad price is 9.5) which is a lot cheaper than Optra for 10 or more. Quality wise, I do not much about both, but I am wary of GM (since I own of their cars). Hyundai has a decent quality rep. Hyundai Elantra: could have considered except for that front radiator nose which I cannot stand.
Old 11th October 2007, 13:59   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Could check out only today. It is Elantra GT. I think it could've come much lower than 8.3L
elantra gt is the petrol base model without climate control and abs, airbags etc.

vasu - the elantra crdi is no doubt a good car. but the others are saying that its production has stopped. check the manufacture date of the car being offered to you. a good car is a good car. even after the balenos production stopped people didnt stop buying it.
Old 11th October 2007, 14:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Elantra still has a decent resale value & is not likely to drop even after it is discontinued. It is a proven car. Go for it.
Old 11th October 2007, 20:02   #21
BHPian

Thanks

Thanks for your replies--anshuman,kpzen,Equus,CrAzY dRiVeR,lamborghini,blue2ki,rubin2006,WhiteKnight,b eanstalk_230,Sparkie,burnt,akshay1234,esteem_lover .Any more suggestion are welcome.
Old 12th October 2007, 11:50   #22
BHPian

Thanks to vasudeva for really useful advise.
Old 12th October 2007, 16:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

I have checked on another info that could be useful. Hyundai last produced the Elantra in India in Feb 07 and since then 0 Elantras were produced from Mar 07 onwards. During 2007, they produced 8 in Jan, and 2 in Feb. So very likely that perhaps you might be getting a 2006 production model. In that case, go for a even higher discount.
Old 12th October 2007, 19:23   #24
BHPian

I asked dealers of bhopal and indore they are saying 11 lacs{otr} for elantra crdi what rubbish.I told them they should give me huge discount in lacs they said me 20k{really bad}.Really the dealers of bhopal and indore are not willing to sell i think.So what city i should try?And is it ideal to buy car from any other city.What you all say.
Old 12th October 2007, 20:51   #25
BHPian

The model is already stopped so it is recommended to be away from it .
And Hyundai Diesel Engines are anyways having problems . Till 60K it may work fine and after that ????
Old 17th October 2007, 19:39   #26

After reading this thread i'm thinking twice on the Elantra. I had already made up my mind on a 2nd Hand ( Belonging to a friend ) 2004 CRDE run only 18,000 Kms for 6.6 lacs. Do you think thats worth it ? Will i be able to sell it after 1 year ?
Old 25th October 2007, 20:01   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasu View Post
I asked dealers of bhopal and indore they are saying 11 lacs{otr} for elantra crdi what rubbish.I told them they should give me huge discount in lacs they said me 20k{really bad}.Really the dealers of bhopal and indore are not willing to sell i think.So what city i should try?And is it ideal to buy car from any other city.What you all say.
Any suggestion about this.
Old 6th December 2007, 22:32   #28
BHPian

More suggestions or expert comments.Plese
Old 7th December 2007, 01:17   #29
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't matter how many times I've already seen it on this thread - I recommend 'Optra Magnum'.

You'll never regret it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks