Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 14:46   #1
BHPian

Elantra Price

Hi all i am actually looking for a diesel sedan 8to10Lacs i can wait few month but i am planning to buy in diwali period.So just i heard a news on this forum that hyundai is phasing out elantra.So i want to ask what hyundai or dealers can offer on elantra i think there should be great discounts do any comments about pricing of Elantra Crdi.Comments plese.
Old 9th October 2007, 16:12   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Vasu,elantra has been discontinued but you might get good discount at the remaining stock at some dealers.

BTW why dont you consider optra magnum diesel and verna sx?

Last edited by .anshuman : 9th October 2007 at 16:13.
Old 9th October 2007, 16:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

If u manage to strike a deal of 9 lacs for an Elantra CRDi with all the goodies then it would be worth it else test drive the Magnum or Verna SX
Old 9th October 2007, 19:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

You're still paying 9L for a car that will Hyundai will stop selling in a few months. Optra is a better bet I thought.
Old 9th October 2007, 19:55   #5
Team-BHP Support

Vasu, Buy only if you plan to keep the car for long and not worried about resale value.

As mentioned in this thread, it has been phased out.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...hased-out.html
Old 9th October 2007, 20:08   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

The Elantra has been phased out already and AFAIK, the diesel Elantra was discontinued long before and they were only selling the petrol variant.
You can look at the Optra Magnum as an option or the Fiesta Diesel depending on what fits your budget and what you require from the car.
Old 9th October 2007, 23:37   #7
BHPian

get the optra magnum, its a great car. dont buy an elantra, no use theyll be launching a new model in 2008.
Old 10th October 2007, 02:03   #8
BHPian

I think go for optra magnum diesel the amount which you will save in Elantra now would seem tiny if you compare it to what you loose selling the Super duper Flop Hyundai as and when you do it
Old 10th October 2007, 10:12   #9
Senior - BHPian

Donno whether Elantra is still available. One of my colleague purchase one last month for 8.3 L on road
Old 10th October 2007, 19:01   #10
BHPian

Thanks

Thank you all for your replies and almost all or you consulting me optra magnum or verna crdi but one question i have that is as "WhiteKnight" sir says that elantra is costing around 8 to 8.3 lacs so elantra has all the safety features like abs,airbags etc.So buying a LT variant magnum with all the features will cost around 11 lacs{OTR}.So buying base variant of magnum cost around 9.2+ lacs{OTR} and fully loaded elantra crdi will cost 8 to 8.3 lacs around.So by saving around 1 lacs + all the features i get attracted towards Elantra.What you all say about that.Thanks.
Old 10th October 2007, 19:43   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Donno whether Elantra is still available. One of my colleague purchase one last month for 8.3 L on road
WhiteKnight sir what about the model is it crdi or?
Old 10th October 2007, 20:13   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasu View Post
WhiteKnight sir what about the model is it crdi or?
vasu the last time i contacted the hyundai dealer about the crdi (fully loaded version) i got a quote somewhere around 9.5L and please do make sure about the after sales service because elantra is going to be phased out soon (heard that hyundai sold only 3 elantra's last month.. do take care)

cheers
Old 10th October 2007, 23:30   #13
BHPian

Hi, I had gone a month and half back to the Hyundai dealership. He told me that the diesel model had been discontinued. Only one model, a petrol, is being sold right now which is 7.7 to 8(if i remember right) on road chennai. And as far as I remember it was not a fully-loaded model. My opinion, I don't think it's worth going for one. What is your intended type of usage? Because even if you did get a left over diesel Elantra, you would eventually loose more money when you sell that car than the amount you would save using a cheaper fueled, i.e. diesel car.
Old 10th October 2007, 23:50   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
The Elantra has been phased out already and AFAIK, the diesel Elantra was discontinued long before and they were only selling the petrol variant.

Nope, the last time i contacted the dealer ( which was 2 weeks ago ) the Elantra crdi was available. It costs 9.5 L on-road here in Trivandrum. But te dealer promised me lots of discounts on that.
Old 11th October 2007, 13:05   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt. View Post
Nope, the last time i contacted the dealer ( which was 2 weeks ago ) the Elantra crdi was available. It costs 9.5 L on-road here in Trivandrum. But te dealer promised me lots of discounts on that.
Ok fine.But i am asking what discounts i can get.Any suggestions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks