Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2007, 15:38   #1
BHPian

SX4 ZXi or Corolla HE ?

I want to buy a new car for myself this diwali..am confused between SX4 ZXi and Corolla HE. Both the above cars are segment leaders and offer terrific VFM. While corolla is a segment higher and much ahead in terms of performance..the SX4 Zxi comes loaded with a hell lotta features. With respect to price they are more or less the same for me.

Guyz please help me make the right choice. Also, i heard that corolla has some suspension problem..is it true and what is it ? Is it something really serious ? Its like mind says SX4 heart says corolla..

I dont mind that the new corolla is gonna be out the next year..i love the current model and dont wanna miss the extreme extreme VFM package thsi HE variant offers !!
Old 27th October 2007, 19:15   #2
BHPian

Hi Vishesh - I was in a similar predicament a month ago - Chose the SX4 over the corolla as - the HE model was too stripped and too dated in my opinion. I recommend you go through this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...8-09-07-a.html
Old 27th October 2007, 19:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

As a Corolla owner, I have not heard of or experienced suspension problems. Yes, the initial 2003-04 model had lesser ride comfort. However, Corolla HE is basic spec, but with better and proven reliability. SX4 is higher spec (almost all features) but new and so far new on the roads.

Plus for SX4 is features and lower price+ test and ownership reports of other members. Cons: lower FE than even 1.8 Corolla + unproven long term reliability.
Plus for Corolla: given above and in my test report. Cons: basic spec+definitely out by Jul-Sep 08. If you really need to buy a Corolla, then go for at least H1/H2/H5 (in manual). You can get around 80K off on Corolla. Stretch your budget a bit (I did a lot in fact by 3 lakhs) and buy a car that you can be happy with. If you want worthwhile features, then SX4 for price, and H1/H2/H5 Corolla for everything else. Corolla manual should not give you less than 10.5-11 kmpl under ordinary driving conditions (my automatic Corolla gives 10.5 in summers).
Old 29th October 2007, 15:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

Go for SX4. It is maruti and the *** is good any day compared to others. You can see many threads on SX4 in ths forum. My vote is for SX4. Though the FE is less, you will enjoy the features on this car and especially its safety features.
Old 29th October 2007, 15:27   #5
BHPian

IMO, recently got a sx4 zxi a while ago and find it way superior in terms of features, compared to the stripped down toyota.Yes imagery is more in the toyota though, however next year with the new gen launch, you might take a big hit on re-sale price, the same would not be the case in SX4.
Old 29th October 2007, 16:26   #6
BHPian

vishesh although my vote goes for corolla over SX4 however the problem with corolla is than it looks dated and its going to be discontinued next year and will be replaced by the next generation corolla which i'm sure you are already aware of
as far as sx4 is concerned well its a good car but when i took the test drive of this vehicle i was extremely disappointed with the interiors and the materials used in the car is really plasticky in nature and does not give a long lasting feel. The engine of sx4 is impressive but its a no match for corolla.
So looking at the broader picture i would suggest why dont you extend your budget a bit and consider mitsubishi cedia and spcially with diwali around the corner, you might get good discounts too. Its an excellent car for your budget with great engine and decent fuel efficiency(around 10) and all the features which are present in sx4 are there in cedia so you would still get a fully loaded car.
i strongly suggest you should take the test drive of all these vehicles specially sx4 and cedia and than it will be easy for you to come up with a decision.
Old 29th October 2007, 16:45   #7
BHPian

if you want car for diwali .. then SX4 is might not be a good option as it has considerable ammount of waiting..
but if you are ready to wait.. then i guess SX4 is good choice...
you can enjoy loads of featuresplus After Sales Service of maruti...
Buying lower model 8lakhs is i dont think is good option..
Old 29th October 2007, 16:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
So looking at the broader picture i would suggest why dont you extend your budget a bit and consider mitsubishi cedia and spcially with diwali around the corner.
IMO the *** is not good when compared to Maruti. Anyways, take the test drives of all the 3 sedans and you will find the difference.
Old 29th October 2007, 17:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

SX4 because you get a lot more features and safety aspects than the HE.

Corolla is an outdated model. However it is really reliable and you would have a snob factor also. (Not many would know the difference between a higher version and a lower version)

Go for the SX4 as you have a current model rather than one which could be replaced by the new version anytime next year.
Old 29th October 2007, 17:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

hey vishesh go with your heart and buy the corolla. My uncle has one and has never mentioned about there being a problem in the suspension. Moreover since looks is not an area of concern for you it is a much superior car over the sx4. Lastly as ashish pointed out you could look at the Cedia which i think is one of the most under rated cars in our country.
Old 29th October 2007, 18:15   #11
VMG
BHPian

I also suggest go for Cedia. I bought one last week. It is really great and VFM. It has all features of Corolla and Civic ( except climate control) and 3 lacs less with better GC and good supension. Take a TD and decide.
Old 29th October 2007, 19:10   #12
BANNED

1.8 vs 1.6, 125BHP vs 103BHP, with higher top speed, Corolla is the way to go. For 1Kmpl less mileage, Corolla does 0-100 in less than 10

Note: Only stuff you will miss are airbags.
Old 29th October 2007, 20:08   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
IMO the *** is not good when compared to Maruti. Anyways, take the test drives of all the 3 sedans and you will find the difference.

Please let me know who told you that... Lathangi's service is way way better than anything I've experienced from Maruti. TD the Cedia... I'm more or less sure your search will come to an end pretty soon.
Old 29th October 2007, 20:47   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
And climate control, integrated audio, alloy wheels, interior trim, fog lights, ebd, leather........
Old 30th October 2007, 00:45   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
only but most imp safety feature. plus the things mentioned by vcash.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks