Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2004, 11:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (satish_appasani @ Aug. 13 2004,00:02)]Hey aadix

Do you think the Mahavir guys will come down on their prices? Once my friend went there for a Santro and they never came down on their price.

But when I was selling my car, i had better experiance with them copared to True Value and Automart.
it depends yaar
one you are in the finale stages they are bound to reduce a bit
but one thing is good that the car is almost next to new with all the worn out parts repaired and for servicing the car these guys do it even afer the first 3 free servies
for example the safari had new tyres, new bumpers , the interiors looked almost new, heck even the fuses were changed!
and no headache that it was a accident piece, coz these guys dont sell accident pieces

Old 13th August 2004, 12:09   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aadix @ Aug. 12 2004,23:01)]*for an additional 20k fit's rta approved lovato gas kits for lpg and the lpg here is 19.50 ps per kg!
Does any body have any idea as to whether it is possible to fit LPG kits to mpfi cars ? i thought LPG suited carbed cars better and heard there were some problems fitting them on the mpfi ones.

aadix - The prices mentioned by you are way to high as compared to the mumbai used car mkt..to give you an example, a 2000 safari which has clocked 85 K would retail for arnd 2.75 L in mumbai....add another 60-70 k or so for the new bumpers/tyres/spruced up interiors, etc ..i think those Mahavir guys are charging a premium for their "clean" reputation.

~A
Old 13th August 2004, 12:27   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] i thought LPG suited carbed cars better and heard there were some problems fitting them on the mpfi ones.
While the local garage types can handle LPG/CNG on Carb cars (I still dont recommend it), MPFi cars must have their fitment done only by authorised service stations or established players in this field. It is beyond the scope of a small garage to modify a car engine thats control by an ECM.

I hear there are many maruti service stations in Bombay who carry out these fittings for a 10% premium over market prices. Well worth it for those who must have LPG/CNG

GTO
Old 13th August 2004, 15:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hi aadix

Prior to the revision in Baleno prices, yes the spare parts were expensive. But now they are pretty much on par with the Ikons and Accents. If you'd have asked me a year ago, i would have told u that the Baleno is worth avoiding for its extremely expensive spare parts. Now you get the double bonus of reduced sales price as well as reduced spare parts, which makes the Baleno a very good buy both in terms of new car market as well as used.

Let me state the price list of spares from this month's ACI. The Baleno's aggregate spare parts price for frequently changed and accident parts formed a total cost of Rs. 56000 or 9.97% of the value of the car, the least in the category, against Lancer's 99331 or 13.7% of the value of the car, the highest in its category. Infact the Lancer is even more expensive to maintain than the Chevy Optra 1.6, a relatively newer car! Also the Baleno turned out to be the cheapest in the upper mid-size segment table.

Have a look at it before u decide on ur choice. Happy hunting.

Revv
Old 22nd August 2004, 15:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

hi guys
will come to know the finale in this week
gave an ad in today's paper for his thunderbird, apparently his mom put a condition that he should sell his bike in order to get a car(he mom hates him riding a bike), after some though, he decided to sell it( he is pretty sad though)

few cars have also been finalized

1) a maruti zen di:white colour, done 62k kms, with insurance,from mahavir motors,needs new tyres, pioneer deck, expecting price 3.35lacs neg

2)another zen di: his family doctor's,2002 model, silver colour, done 40 k kms, fancy no:8888, no insurance, new jk radials, pioneer deck with cd changer, expact same as above :3.35 lacs neg

think the prices are a bit high? *everyone asks the same for a zen di here, in much demand here ,only due to it's mileage, a new one would cost you 4,54 on road

rate of interst offered by mahavir cars:9.99% diminishing,

on our own the last we could get is 14%, how do we bargain for a more less rate of intrest?

Old 23rd August 2004, 22:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

hi guys

my cousin bought the vehicle, it's his family doc's zen di

did 42k kms, it's not silver but that light metallic blue colour,

new tyres, pioneer vcd in dash cd player(the doc took the lcd screen though)
and 4 pioneer spks

they took it including insurance for 3.40 lacs

no is a fancy no 888 (total 6 which is supposed to be lucky for my cousin)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks