Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2007, 16:30   #46
BHPian

ok went and met the toyota guys. They are offering closed to 90K discount now. I think that is very good. I haven't done the test drive yet. Mostly tomorrow I will do it. The new car launch is close to end of next year or early 2009.
Old 20th November 2007, 00:03   #47
BHPian

90K discount says it all. You may still want to TD the car out of curiosity
Old 20th November 2007, 13:32   #48
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshyamsundar View Post
ok went and met the toyota guys. They are offering closed to 90K discount now. I think that is very good. I haven't done the test drive yet. Mostly tomorrow I will do it. The new car launch is close to end of next year or early 2009.
Awesome 90K is not too bad at all. It was 68K around ending Oct - when I did the TD.

However I have heard unconfirmed speculation for March 2008 as the tentative launch time for the new Corolla on this forum. If you are going by what the dealer said then I would trust them too much. However if your info is from more reliable sources then thats a different thing all together.
Old 20th November 2007, 13:43   #49
BHPian

Not yet tried my hands on Cedia so cant comment but yes have tried hands and pretty bad way on Corolla.. and can tell u the handling the braking the pick up.. its amazing.. the car has everything in it... U feel so royal when driving as a senior executive and the moment u in ur weekend mood man the handling zipping n skidding.. she is neat and beauty.. no hassles...

Sorry adding up more confusion
Old 20th November 2007, 14:39   #50
Senior - BHPian

I won't be surprised to see big discounts from Toyota, as they are going to phase off this model within a year. As such this model sells only here and the new Corolla (launched in 2004) is a stunner in every aspect. Also I guess they might come up with the 1.6 Liter version which they sell in the middle east, to compete with the huge market in that segment.
If that happens, Tatas, Fords and Hyundais will have to raise their standards..
Old 20th November 2007, 14:43   #51
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
If you are going by what the dealer said then I would trust them too much.
Oops... Tyop!

Errata: If you are going by what the dealer said then I would NOT trust them too much.
Old 20th November 2007, 14:57   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
I won't be surprised to see big discounts from Toyota, as they are going to phase off this model within a year. As such this model sells only here and the new Corolla (launched in 2004) is a stunner in every aspect.
The reference is to the Corolla that is currently selling in India is it?
Old 20th November 2007, 15:05   #53
Senior - BHPian

Yes... Thats right. The Corolla thats currently selling in India. I might rather say, 'overselling' in India...
Old 20th November 2007, 18:43   #54
BHPian

well the information i got is from the dealer only. He is saying that the new car launch is end of next year or ealry 2009 only.

I kinda bargained with one guy and he offered me more discount and also promised some goodies like sun film and stuff like that. End of day i might walk out with a very good deal actually.
Old 20th November 2007, 18:46   #55
BHPian

Chaps tell me something, would I be better off if I buy it Jan rather than in December. What will I gain/loose because of this?

This is one confusion that has creeped in now.
Old 20th November 2007, 18:48   #56
BHPian

the information i got about the launch was from the dealer only. He was saying with conviction that the launch is end of next year or early 2009.

I spoke to one guy and I was trying to get a good deal from him so he offered me more discounts and also some additional stuff. End of the day i might actually walk out with a good deal
Old 21st November 2007, 16:28   #57
BHPian

Go far Cedia

cheers: Cheers!, just go for Cedia, great car, value for your money, good service at Bannergatta. For your money car is fully loaded.
Quote:
I am in the confusion between choosing cedia or corolla. I am impressed with the looks of cedia and also going through the threads of cedia has a good rating. Its also 3 lakhs cheaper than corolla H2.

But corolla wins on features and also now they have a good happy scheme.

So which one to go with is the confusion now.

Guys which one will you go for. Cedia or Corolla???
Old 21st November 2007, 16:46   #58
BHPian

Quote:
the information i got about the launch was from the dealer only. He was saying with conviction that the launch is end of next year or early 2009.

I spoke to one guy and I was trying to get a good deal from him so he offered me more discounts and also some additional stuff. End of the day i might actually walk out with a good deal
No point trusting dealers unless you know someone personally in there. Honda dealers assured and reassured me new launch won't be happening for 12-18 months and it came out in less than a month!
Old 21st November 2007, 16:59   #59
v&v
Senior - BHPian

go for corolla. proven car , toyota are offering goodies and discount now + you will get decent resale value too.

Cedia is under performer. HM is not pushing it.
Old 21st November 2007, 18:38   #60
HSV
BHPian

Also, to know more on the corolla - PM vasudeva. He has a H4 and is very happy with it. Not only that he has a lovely way with words and I am sure he'll be only to happy to enumerate the pros and cons for you.

He was nice enough to give me a detailed overview when I PMed him and almostly had me converted!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks