Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2007, 10:49   #1

Advantages of Baleno over Accent

Hi ,
I am new BHPian. Current I own Corsa sail 1.6 and I am planning to buy pre-owned Baleno or accent. I have gone through all the threads regarding accent and Baleno. I found people suggesting BALENO.

Actually sales were better for Accent and also most of the people agreed that Looks and interiors are better for Accent. I did not understant the aspects in which baleno scores over accent. Please make me clear whether it scores in the following aspects or any other things.

1.FE
2.A.S.S
3.Maintanance
4.Engine life

Thanks in advance for your suggestion

-RAVI
Old 29th November 2007, 11:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

I think the baleno scores better in all the 4 points put out apart from it being a driver's car. read this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...leno-1-6l.html
Old 29th November 2007, 11:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

baleno is a more solidly built car if its a 2000 model one ,but later when the prices were slashed there is a marked diff in quality of bothe the make-2000 and 2005 for ex.but still the baleno is more stable at high speeds in stock condition.accent would be a better choice if you intent to modifyit.looks of accent is better than baleno-but that depends on who looks it-relative aspect.
ram
Old 29th November 2007, 11:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

Yes, you are quite right there mate - Here at TBhp people choose the Baleno over the Accent. I will give you my views over this ( Unbiased ) as I own an Accent 05 GLE Model.

I assume you want to buy the Petrol Accent ( If it is accent you want to buy )

The Accent scores in the following areas -

Fresh & Good Looking Interiors ( Better than Baleno IMHO !! )
Good Ride comfort.
Very reliable car.
Very good After Sales Service - Hyundai !!
Basically a Trouble free car.

Baleno Advantages -

Very good Engine - 1.6 Litres
Better performance , driver's car - compared to Accent.
AC is brilliant.
Godd After Sales Service - Maruti !!!

Both cars have very good overall build quality. Some say Accent looks more modern, some say Baleno des. Basically both are Old School Designs - You cannot really dislike any of these.

Accent has slightly better Resale currently as it is still selling in the current market ( 4.99 lacs Ex GLE Base Model ).

Baleno OTH has a very good demand and resale value in Southern India.

So desicion is yours to make. Cheers !!!
Old 29th November 2007, 13:18   #5
BHPian

Go for Baleno.Baleno is more reliable than Accent.Baleno 1.6 engine is really good and very much responive even for mods she is really good.
Old 29th November 2007, 13:39   #6
Team-BHP Support

IMO Baleno is a better overall package than the Accent if you can digest the looks of the Baleno. Both cars are very good and reliable and will keep you happy if maintained well. Moreover parts will be cheaper for Accent.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 29th November 2007 at 13:44.
Old 29th November 2007, 14:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

Parts of Accent are cheaper than Baleno other than its Baleno all the way.
Old 29th November 2007, 14:03   #8
BHPian

I test drove both cars on bad roads. I found the Baleno much better. In fact, the Getz was better on bad roads than the Accent. The all wheel independent suspension of Baleno makes a big difference on bad roads.

Pradeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravitsp View Post
Hi ,
I am new BHPian. Current I own Corsa sail 1.6 and I am planning to buy pre-owned Baleno or accent. I have gone through all the threads regarding accent and Baleno. I found people suggesting BALENO.
-RAVI
Old 29th November 2007, 14:10   #9
BHPian

Quote:
The all wheel independent suspension of Baleno makes a big difference on bad roads.
Accent has all wheel suspension too.
Old 29th November 2007, 14:22   #10
BHPian

Baleno scores over accent in:
1. Engine
2. Engine
3. Engine

So go for it! Moreover, second hand Balenos are way cheaper than Accent GLS (1.6)
Old 29th November 2007, 14:25   #11
BHPian

I drive a 1.6L stock Accent GLS for the last 2 years and I've found this car to be pretty good in driving comfort, looks and ease of handling. The car is very stable at 120 kmph kinda speed (that's all I've pused it) and it beaks well (I've ABS on this one).

I have driven my father-in-law's Baleno LXi (stock, again) whenever I visited him and have found it to be a little congested inside and of having an old style (low quality) interiors and finish.

I also find the Balenos start looking old very fast compared to Accents. FE, I do not think Accent scores much there. Resale, good old Maruti scores pretty well here. But then, a good Accent can get sold anytime for what it's worth.

Regards
Rex
Old 29th November 2007, 14:28   #12
Senior - BHPian

if you are to do any body work-like skirting etc acceent looks far more impressive with the lancer kind of looks.and every day you are not doing 150 plus kmph.so dont be worried about the top speed etc.i feel accent has better 0-60 and 40-100 kmph timmings.so drivablity on most of the city roads and almost all the small highways accent would be better.try both and decide

ram
Old 29th November 2007, 14:38   #13
Senior - BHPian

Accent is a "SUCESS " and "BALENO" was a "FAILURE' ,whatever be the reason may be.
So comparing the two Accent is the better choice.
BTW maintenance wise Accent scores over BALENO any day.
Old 29th November 2007, 15:37   #14

Are the interiors in Baleno equal to corsa sail 1.6 interiors?
Old 29th November 2007, 16:22   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
Accent is a "SUCESS " and "BALENO" was a "FAILURE' ,whatever be the reason may be.
So comparing the two Accent is the better choice.
BTW maintenance wise Accent scores over BALENO any day.
Whenever people go overboad, I prefer to bring them back to earth by telling them how much Dear Jeremey likes the Accent Jeremy Clarkson Hyundai Accent review | Driving - Times Online

Quote: "There’s something I’ve found out as well. If you buy a Hyundai, or any car from that part of the world, you will be seen as a bore. Invitations will dry up, your kids will refuse to speak to you, your wife will sleep with your friends and you may end up committing suicide."

Last edited by spadival : 29th November 2007 at 16:25.

Most Viewed