Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2007, 18:30   #1
BHPian

Used Fiat Adventure : Is it worth buying ??

Hi,
After months of waiting I have finally found a 2005, 19500 kms run Fiat Adventure. The price quoted is 3.5 lakhs. I have yet to see the car or get it certified by a good mechanic.
But, now suddenly, the thought going through my mind is this : Is it worth buying at all ?? After all, new and world class cars are going to be launched soon and is there any reason why I should buy the Adventure. Team-BHPians owning an Adventure can guide me regarding my dilemna.
The only -ve aspects this car has are low FE and lack of ABS . The +ve aspects are a bigger and much more spacious than the Uno which I own, high GC ( the silly mountain-high speed breakers have completely destroyed my Uno's silencer unit thrice ) and a great head turner.
Please help.
Old 14th December 2007, 19:34   #2
Team-BHP Support

List down your requirement from a new car, second hand or otherwise. This will help to guide.
Old 14th December 2007, 19:40   #3
Team-BHP Support

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...e+buyers+guide

Go through this thread. It may help!

IMO- The car was real good and one of the best VFM deals of its time, but has now been stopped. Make sure the service in you area is good (You must know since you have UNO), and parts are available there. Although the price appears a bit high.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 14th December 2007 at 19:45.
Old 14th December 2007, 22:51   #4
BHPian

you might want to check on one of the other threads - where there was a discussion going on about re-launching a new look adventure - much like the palio stile - that might address the spares question somewhat
Old 14th December 2007, 23:15   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingummy View Post
where there was a discussion going on about re-launching a new look adventure -
I think the thread later on made it clear that Adventure is not coming out.

Palio 1.3 JTD- Linea- Grand Punto seems to be the order of launches for FIAT.
Old 15th December 2007, 08:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

Well. After owning a UNO i think you wont be as satisfied in any other car than the Adventure. Another option would be the Baleno. SO it basically depends on your priority. Both cars gave top notch comfort levels just like the UNO. But unfortunately all three cars have exited the market. it would be good If you could give us some insights on what you priorities are.
Old 15th December 2007, 10:33   #7
BHPian

I appreciate you all for your replies and trying to help me clear my dilemma.

My requirement is to own a more spacious car than the Uno, the GC has always been a problem with the Uno, my average running is not even 2000 kms per month. But I have gone on many outstation trips totalling 2000 kms to and fro from Hyd.
Since my Uno is now 7 yrs old I feel it is time for me to move onto a bigger and much more advanced, dependable and faster vehicle. I feel that this Adventure has just done 19,500 kms and is available at roughly 50% of the initial cost.
I have considered the Baleno but a 2005 model is not available for anything less than 5 lakhs. So I tend to save roughly 1.5 lakhs and get a car with such good features.
Old 15th December 2007, 18:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

How about checking the price here.. Used Cars, New Cars, Buy/Sell Cars, New Car Prices, Used Car Values - CarWale.com India you will have the answers. But be sure of the sapres availability as the manufacturing is stopped and it will be a Tata's service.
Old 4th January 2008, 11:28   #9
BHPian

Is Fiat Adventure still sold in India?

One of my friends want to buy a new Fiat Adventure. Is this still sold in India ? I checked Fiat India's website and there's no mention of Adventure there. Only Palio Stile is listed by Fiat.
Old 4th January 2008, 17:25   #10
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
One of my friends want to buy a new Fiat Adventure. Is this still sold in India ? I checked Fiat India's website and there's no mention of Adventure there. Only Palio Stile is listed by Fiat.
fiat Adventure has been discontinued in india with no near future of re-releasing.
Old 8th January 2008, 19:43   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitindangoria View Post
I appreciate you all for your replies and trying to help me clear my dilemma.

My requirement is to own a more spacious car than the Uno, the GC has always been a problem with the Uno, my average running is not even 2000 kms per month. But I have gone on many outstation trips totalling 2000 kms to and fro from Hyd.
Since my Uno is now 7 yrs old I feel it is time for me to move onto a bigger and much more advanced, dependable and faster vehicle. I feel that this Adventure has just done 19,500 kms and is available at roughly 50% of the initial cost.
I have considered the Baleno but a 2005 model is not available for anything less than 5 lakhs. So I tend to save roughly 1.5 lakhs and get a car with such good features.
I bought a brand new Adventure four months ago. As it had gone out of production I had to hunt high and low for it. Finally after much searching I found one with Automatrix in Mangalore. Flew down to Mangalore (from Bangalore where I live), took a test drive and the car was mine in a few hours time. Next day, drove it back to Bangalore via Shiradi ghat. The road was horrendous to say the least, but this car just swallowed all the bumps without a whimper. It was truly a baptism by fire for the car! Since then I have made three up and down trips to Goa from Bangalore each time by a different route and over some terrible roads. No problems at all. The suspension and driving comfort of this car is something phenomenal. Its a pity they've stopped production. It is total value for money. The only issue if at all is FE - I get an average of 8 in the city and 13 with AC on 100%. I met another Adventure owner who told me his FE improved after approx 7500 kms. I have currently logged 7700kms and am hoping for the best. Even if it improves only marginally I will not be disappointed. My decision to switch from an OHC to this car, I think has been the right one.
Old 9th June 2008, 09:43   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudsan View Post
I bought a brand new Adventure four months ago. As it had gone out of production I had to hunt high and low for it. Finally after much searching I found one with Automatrix in Mangalore.
Hello Sudsan,
Infact I too hunted for mine around 6 months back in whole north india.
And the only negative point which I am facing is leg space for rear seat.
Rest all were known to me and I can live with them.
Old 9th June 2008, 16:16   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

3.5 lakhs is way too much for a Fiat Adventure; if the seller is firm on the price, that car is going to be on the block for a long time. Its a nice car, no doubt, but one you *really* have to love if you want to be happy with it.
Old 17th June 2008, 17:39   #14
BHPian

Hi guys,

I need to decide between a 2002 40K kms Fiat Adventure and a 2004 Palio1.2.both are approx the same price and fully loaded, I am inclined towards the adventure, hugely confused, please advice
Old 17th June 2008, 19:29   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Hi guys,

I need to decide between a 2002 40K kms Fiat Adventure and a 2004 Palio1.2.both are approx the same price and fully loaded, I am inclined towards the adventure, hugely confused, please advice
Depends on where and how you drive. Having driven both extensively, I'd say Adv. is vastly superior to the 1.2.

1.2 is not fun-to-drive but better suited for purely city driving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks