Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2008, 11:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

I would prefer to go for Diesel compared to LPG. BTW, how is the availability of LPG in Hyberabad?

I would suggest go for Indigo TDI. Indigo CS is a newly launched vehicle. If you are bent to go for Indigo CS, then wait for some time maybe 6 months and then buy this vehicle. But TD all the vehicles and which ever are you more comfortable with go for it.

Last edited by snaronikar : 2nd February 2008 at 11:45.
Old 2nd February 2008, 11:52   #17
BHPian

For me it would be Indigo CS. I would prefer a Tata over Mahindra Renault any day.
Old 2nd February 2008, 14:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> I would suggest go for Indigo TDI. Indigo CS is a newly launched vehicle. If
> you are bent to go for Indigo CS, then wait for some time maybe 6 months

The CS uses the same engine and drivetrain as the regular Indigo. So why wait?
Old 3rd February 2008, 22:32   #19
BHPian

@trrk/snaronikar

The CS comes with the same TDI engine being used in all other Indigos. The advantage CS has over other Indigo models is it's sub 4 metre length, which reduces its overall price and makes it a terrific VFM.

Can somebody tell me how to increase the HP of the Indigo TDI?
I read in one of the threads that upgrading the stock tyres to tubeless ones with alloys gives a lot more braking control. How much will this cost? Please Help !!

Finally, how would you rate Indica turbo over Indigo TDI?
Old 4th February 2008, 02:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitindangoria View Post
Hi Friends,

I am looking to upgrade to a sedan and my budget is around 5 Lakhs OTR.

Right now only two sedans, Indigo CS and LPG Logan ( yet to be launched ) qualify.

I need to know from you experienced members your views on these two cars. I am looking at lots of space ( which both offer ), high GC, tough build and very good suspension, reliable service and above all, easy maintenance so that even a road side mechanic can help in case of an emergency.
I think every car owner wants all the features mentioned above in his car.
So, I would like to know from current owners of Indigo and Logan their frank views.
Thanks.
from ur list of priorities, OTR price is definetly a criteria to look for before going for a diesel bcos i dont think the diesel variant in indigo or logan comes in that price

assuming ur driving is going to be only within city and occasional highway like many of us here - why consider LPG ?

u have also not mentioned any "boy racer " ambitions - so pick up and top speed are not very important for you

given this and ur other priorities, indigo CS seems to fit the bill..but why did u rule out logan petrol ?
Old 4th February 2008, 16:35   #21
BHPian

I have been using petrol vehicles all these years. I find the quality of diesel engines have improved tremendoulsy over the years.
I usually go out for a break atleast thrice a year and want to experience the thrill,comfort and the speed of a big car which will be economical to run.
I have owned the Uno petrol for the past 7 yrs and now I feel I need a change, especially a car which will save me from scraping on the high speed breakers.
Old 4th February 2008, 18:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hi nitin,

> I have owned the Uno petrol for the past 7 yrs and now I feel I need a
> change, especially a car which will save me from scraping on the high speed
> breakers

With the Indigo, you would not be scraping any speed breakers, but you would miss the Uno's ride!
Old 6th February 2008, 13:30   #23
BHPian

@trrk

can you please explain why you think Uno has got a better ride than the Indigo?
I have yet to take the TD, but the way Tata advertises it's suspension as having a 3-link suspension etc., I thought the Indigo with a bigger build would have a better ride quality.
Would you rate Logan's ride quality better than that of the Indigo? Logan seems a desirable car because of it's space and good build but is beyond my budget.
Old 6th February 2008, 18:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hi Nitin,

> can you please explain why you think Uno has got a better ride than the
> Indigo?

I had Uno diesel with me between 1998 and 2001. This was replaced by an Indica in 2001. Now I have a Marina.

I can't really say about the technical aspects of any of these. The ride feel of the Uno was the best, in slow speeds or normal speeds. The 13 inch wheeled Indica is much better than the Indigo / Marina series as far as slow speed ride is concerned. At speeds the ride smoothens out, but even there I would give the Uno a better rating.

> I thought the Indigo with a bigger build would have a better ride quality.

I am not saying that the Indigo ride is bad, but only in comparison. I am sorry that I cannot convey it through words.

> Would you rate Logan's ride quality better than that of the Indigo? Logan
> seems a desirable car because of it's space and good build but is beyond my > budget.

I have not had a test drive in the Logan. Uniformly the ride is appreciated. I took a look at the show room. It is spacious. It has a wide rear seat. But with the driver's seat adjusted for my driving, I felt I had more space at the rear in my Marina (or Indigo) than in the Logan.

I recently drove a Indigo CS LS. I found the low speed ride quality better than in my Marina. The engine was still more refined. The power steering has more feel now. The front seat was taller than in my Marina.
Old 6th February 2008, 22:49   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitindangoria View Post
Hi Friends,

I am looking to upgrade to a sedan and my budget is around 5 Lakhs OTR.

Right now only two sedans, Indigo CS and LPG Logan ( yet to be launched ) qualify.

Thanks.
Well... Nitin I would say analyze your requirements and buy car as per that only. Diesel over LPG/Petrol is good only when you drive around 18 - 20K a year (~60 kms per day), it has higher maintenance (filters & oils).

Your budget is limited to 5L qualifies for good petrol cars available in market, although LPG is good option but till now not very successful with other models (sales wise).

I have Logan Diesel and I trust that but have no idea about what would be the package with Logan LPG, although Logan petrol gives good FE, GC, tough build and is around your budget.

Feedback about CS is - It seems Tata is again focused around its taxi cars (numbers does matter).
Old 7th February 2008, 09:45   #26
BANNED

i will vote for Logan ,,

But LPG logan will not help you to save on fuel, would suggest to go for Diesel varient. If Budget is the constraint then Swith LDI is also good option

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th March 2008 at 22:18. Reason: See PM.
Old 7th February 2008, 13:47   #27
BHPian

many thanks for your replies. Honeslty, I am now confused and I think I'll wait till mid-march to see if I get any good discounts and then decide what to do.
I appreciate your interest in this thread.
Old 11th March 2008, 15:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Well... Nitin I would say analyze your requirements and buy car as per that only. Diesel over LPG/Petrol is good only when you drive around 18 - 20K a year (~60 kms per day), it has higher maintenance (filters & oils).
Could you please elaborate on the higher maint cost. I was under the impression that difference in price of oils and filters is not substantial
Old 11th March 2008, 20:35   #29
BHPian

Hi Nitin,

With your budget you can get a brand new swift LDI which will give you peace of mind for many years to come as it has the best engine available.

As far as the budget is concerned, why are you looking only for a brand new car. You can also try a second hand market. I do understnad that there are hassales for buying a second hand car but if bought for good dealers then probably you can get all the hassales off. Like I am planning to buy a second hand baleno. This is one terrific vehicle and I am procuring it only for 3.7 lac for 2006 model. Try and you will get hold of a good car.
Old 12th March 2008, 10:28   #30
BHPian

Thanks Kailash.

I , too, am on the lookout for a good second hand car like Baleno. But the ones available are quite old models like 2002 and older.
Presently I am looking at a used viva crdi but the doubts over the odometer tampering remain. I think it's quite difficult to come across a real honest used car dealer ( sorry if that statement hurts somebody )because he's in the market to make money. I would like to buy a car directly from the owner but then again, it's very difficult to know whether the car has been abused or not.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks