Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2008, 11:11   #61
BHPian

i have waited for both the toyota and GM dealer's to contact me,but i guess that was their last offer.maybe bcoz i had conveyed to them that i would book in march they are not following it up too hurriedly.
i have more or less decided on the toyota corolla,unless optra offers comparable discounts.
at this stage optra is 9.4 OTR and corolla 9.0 OTR
if both are offered at same OTR then my confusion will increase further.
Old 25th February 2008, 12:40   #62
BHPian

still unable to decide

I am totally confused whether to go for optra or corolla (both base).while optra feels much more luxurious than the corolla,the corolla is more powerful,and is a toyota.the price difference is just 30k, optra being expensive.what to do now....pundits advice
Old 25th February 2008, 13:50   #63
Senior - BHPian

The advice is already there in this thread and numerous other threads. All you need to do is pay the money.
Old 7th March 2008, 10:19   #64
BHPian

booked 125 horses under 9 lacs

booked a champagne mica toyota corolla HE. taking delivery in 10-12 days.will update
Old 7th March 2008, 11:21   #65
Senior - BHPian

what about the cedia? Its a pretty serious contender. At 8.3 ex showroom for the select - it comes with ABS and Airbags and everything else.

Do check it out..

Edit: Just saw your post - congrats. Out of curiosity - did you consider the cedia?

Last edited by madan80 : 7th March 2008 at 11:22.
Old 7th March 2008, 11:31   #66
BHPian

corolla at little above 8 lacs is a steal. Good reliable and maintenance free engine and highly refined. This car actually belongs to a higher segment and hence greater snob value. If you are getting it at this price then its a good deal. If you feel that it gets a little unsteady at higher speeds then replace the stock wheels with better ones.

Like madan mentioned, why not look at cedia aswell, good VFM car except the issues with A.S.S and resale value.

Last edited by Rotorhead : 7th March 2008 at 11:33. Reason: Oops! a tad late..anywz congrats on your new corolla..good choice
Old 7th March 2008, 13:03   #67
Senior - BHPian

Corolla at that rate is a great deal. Congrats Inder ! As inder mentioned Optra is more luxurious for the base version but GM's After sales and service is the main problem. I guess at around 9 l Corolla base version is surely a good deal. Looking forward for the pics as soon as you get the vehicle.
Old 7th March 2008, 13:11   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Inder. Corolla at that price is total VFM. More so, in champagne mica it looks awesome. And, its pretty quick too.
Old 7th March 2008, 15:33   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
booked a champagne mica toyota corolla HE. taking delivery in 10-12 days.will update
Congratulations! Nothing accelerates like a Corolla in under 10 lakhs segment. It is true that interior isn't exciting in Corolla HE(it isn't exciting in higher versions either ) but you could always spice it up when budget permits.

Also i would highly recommend exchanging stock wheels(if it doesn't come with alloys already)/tyres for a set of alloys and 205/60/R15 tyres. Go for Michelin PP2 if you could afford it. Michelin's make a huge difference to Corolla's ride and comfort.
Old 7th March 2008, 15:46   #70
Senior - BHPian

Agreed higher spec tyres would make a difference. But does he really need to spend more on a different spec tyre on a new car. Perhaps he can consider replacing Bridgestone with Michelin, same spec. Unless there is a serious problem (which Corolla does not have), is it worthwhile to spend extra on upsizing?
Old 7th March 2008, 16:34   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Agreed higher spec tyres would make a difference. But does he really need to spend more on a different spec tyre on a new car. Perhaps he can consider replacing Bridgestone with Michelin, same spec. Unless there is a serious problem (which Corolla does not have), is it worthwhile to spend extra on upsizing?
I agree that Corollas offer good ride but same can't be said about the handling. A set of Michelin PP2 205/60/R15s provide exceptional grip and better handling to a Corolla. But again it depends on personal taste. The reason why I gave this suggestion to inder is that he seem to be more excited about Corolla's engine and the acceleration it provides.
Old 7th March 2008, 16:38   #72
Senior - BHPian

My only question is that does higher upsize compromise comfort while giving better handling. If not, then it may be worthwhile.
Old 7th March 2008, 16:54   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
My only question is that does higher upsize compromise comfort while giving better handling. If not, then it may be worthwhile.
Upsizing actually improves both handling and comfort, there is no way it will affect comfort since we are only adding more rubber

But I would like to point out that upsizing to 205/60/R15 will increase the rolling radius by 6 mm which is 1.92% more than the stock. However it is a negligible increase and is well within the 3% max limit.
Old 7th March 2008, 23:51   #74
Senior - BHPian

upsizing generally improves handling while decreasing comfort.(ok..you may shift from tube type to tubeless tyres..thus nullifying some of the harshness) .a wider tyre picks up more irregularities from the road...and with the same tyre sidewall height..you are bound to feel more bumps from the road....so dont go overboard on upsizing...upsizing reduces pickup, increases ride bumpiness and also improves wet handling and breaking. Make an informed decision!!!

Last edited by Buffetfan : 7th March 2008 at 23:54.
Old 8th March 2008, 10:38   #75
BHPian

I think i will drive for a while and then think about upsizing.btw HE comes with tubeless tyres.
Yeah champagne mica looks good,though i would have preferred black,but sadly it does not come in HE.
I dint consider cedia,as HM service is not that great here.also because of the resale factor.
also i would like to know the prevailing interest rate for 4 and 5 years loan of hdfc/icici/sbi if anyone is aware.I was quoted 10.75 for 4yrs and 11.50 for 5 yrs by hdfc.service charge 3000 and 1 adv emi. is this a good deal???
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks