Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2008, 04:31   #31
BHPian

Hey buddy,

Go for Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI or Zxi. 1.6 Zxi is VFM. You will never regret for buying this car.
Old 14th March 2008, 23:22   #32
BHPian

Buying a new car below 10Lakhs - cedia or NHC Vtec Plus

Hello all,

I am planning to buy a new sedan through company lease program very soon (Will be by end of March or early April). My budget is up to 10 Lakhs after fully stretching (precisely 8-10L). Two cars I have considered are Mitsubishi Cedia Sports and NHC Vetc Plus.

Now why am I writing this post!
My heart is towards Cedia and mind is towards HNC.
Big confusion isn't it

I have test driven both and liked both for their own positives.

What I want from my new car. And what I think about them.
>Drive average 60km a day. (NHC may be better choice)
>Often go for long drives. (Cedia scores)
>Pretty decent FE. (NHC scores)
>Good highway performance, pickup and comfort. (Cedia is better)
>Good reputation and A.S.S (NHC scores well)
>Safety (Airbag/ABS) (Both are equal)
>Resale only after 4 years (NHS scores)

Both dealers have quoted 10Lakhs (NHC Vetc Plus and Cedia sports). Still negotiating with both of them. I know NHC is over priced by at least 1Lakhs. But still think they demand it for the FE/A.S.S/reputation.

I have test driven SX4 also. I did not like this car for many reasons.

Corolla is one car I never want to own (decision after driving it in US).

Optra Magnum is out of budget.

Cedia would have been best choice for me if Mitsubishi had reputation and FE as Honda does. Cedia's 2L (1999 cc) SOHC engine delivering only 115bhp is also a big concern for me. Is it good or bad? Some say it is good as the engine is not fully stretched. Cedia have compensated it with better torque though. Sales rep said they had tuned it for India, but no clue what kind of tuning has gone in.

I can't wait for new cars as company lease program closes in April.

Cedia, NHC Vtec owners and experts, your views are important for me.
Old 15th March 2008, 00:02   #33
BHPian

Hello mods,
I placed my previous post as a fresh thread, but I see it has been appended to an existing thread. Would you please split my thread.
Old 15th March 2008, 09:19   #34
Team-BHP Support

sj koova the cedia makes more sense. the nhc is completely overpriced. also if you do enjoy driving then i dont know why your considering it? the vtec engine is nice but the rest of the car dilutes the effect. the overlight steering, the looks. the only plus point i can think of is the rear legroom.

the *** is not supposed to be that bad from what people on tbhp say. the nhc will give good fe but its not like the cedia will empty your pockets. youll also get lots of performance parts for the lancer.
Old 15th March 2008, 09:28   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
the only plus point i can think of is the rear legroom.
Yes the rear seat seating posture and comfort is much better in NHC
Also the interiors look much pleasant in NHC (not the quality)
Cedia sports is black all over and my wife hates it.

Sorry Vardhan if I hijacked this thread. In fact I wanted a fresh thread but no clue what happened.
Old 15th March 2008, 10:23   #36
Senior - BHPian

Sure you would have gone through all the cedizen's threads here on team-bhp.
My last word will be, you want to drive yourself, go for Cedia Spirit (As your wife hates black interiors). There is no other diff between Spirit and Sports except the interior color, front and rear air dam and the spoiler.
Service after sales...?
I am still treated like a prince in ACT India. Even a few scratches on the sides, they did for me FREE. And I heard only good about the b'mlore dealers of Cedia. (Don't fo by the general belief.. Ask the b'lore Cedia owners for hand-son experience of Service...
Old 15th March 2008, 10:59   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Sure you would have gone through all the cedizen's threads here on team-bhp.
Yes I have gone through most of them. And that made me to look at the Cedia (All hail team-BHP ). I always liked the exterior looks (sports) of cedia, but never thought I may plan to own one

Quote:
My last word will be, you want to drive yourself, go for Cedia Spirit (As your wife hates black interiors). There is no other diff between Spirit and Sports except the interior color, front and rear air dam and the spoiler.
I want the exterior looks of sports. spirit looks too plain outside but interiors certainly looks richer

Quote:
Ask the b'lore Cedia owners for hand-son experience of Service...
I am dealing with Lathangi in Bangalore. So far it is just ok..ok. On the other hand, Dakshin Honda works pro actively. I have been called my their senior manager too. I feel that makes lot of difference.

Thanks Raja for your response.
Old 15th March 2008, 22:31   #38
BANNED

Diesal - Hyundai Verna.
Pertol - SX4.

You won't regret with any of them!
Old 16th March 2008, 13:32   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Hey buddy,

Go for Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI or Zxi. 1.6 Zxi is VFM. You will never regret for buying this car.
I support this recommendation. The sxi now comes with ABS and a driver's side airbag as well.
Old 17th March 2008, 00:50   #40
BHPian

SJ,

I was all for red Sports Cedia but somehow couldn't convince my wife for its black interiors and finally bought silver Select variant. However, you could ask the dealer to give you beige seats in Sports variant. One of my colleagues did the same and the dealer, Lathangi, obliged. Having said that, pls be sure they would change only the seats and wouldn't be able to do anything to the rest of the interiors. See if that could help you convince your wife Or else, Spirit or Select variant would do.

As for Honda City, it is a sheer waste of money. I test drove it immediately after driving Cedia and almost offended their Sales Manager by saying what rubbish car it is and he should quit his job at Honda for Mitsubishi.
Old 17th March 2008, 08:40   #41
BHPian

I'd have gone for the Cedia sports blindfolded, if i wouldn't have reduced my Budget, and i dint want the Spirit or Select.
Cedia sports costs 10L OTR bangalore.

I got the Fiesta 1.6 SXi instead for 7.9 OTR b'lore and i absolutely love it.
Old 17th March 2008, 09:15   #42
BHPian

SJ

Go for NHC Vtec if you want to look good. If you want to have great driving experience, then consider Cedia.

I am consistently getting 12+ kmpl with Cedia and it is due for second service now.
Old 17th March 2008, 10:13   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat View Post
SJ,

I was all for red Sports Cedia but somehow couldn't convince my wife for its black interiors and finally bought silver Select variant. However, you could ask the dealer to give you beige seats in Sports variant. One of my colleagues did the same and the dealer, Lathangi, obliged. Having said that, pls be sure they would change only the seats and wouldn't be able to do anything to the rest of the interiors. See if that could help you convince your wife Or else, Spirit or Select variant would do.

Yes. I thought about this as an option. But then I saw one of the cars in the service area with the similar seat exchange. Somehow I felt the beige seat and the rest of the interiors does not glue well in sports. The seats really look bit out of place. So I thought I will compromise on this. The sales person told me he can have this changed with the color of my choice outside with a person he knows. But I did not want to touch on anything original.
For all other aspects I want sports only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat View Post
As for Honda City, it is a sheer waste of money. I test drove it immediately after driving Cedia and almost offended their Sales Manager by saying what rubbish car it is and he should quit his job at Honda for Mitsubishi.
I somehow agree with you on NHC Vtec after my second round of test drive y'day. I did touch 140kmph on NICE road and was so uncomfortable with the stability and handling of NHC beyond 120kmph speed. Breaking was still comparable.

Negotiations are still on with both of them. Honda seems to be better on free accessories and discounts. (Just because my friend knew some at top level in Honda)
Old 17th March 2008, 10:25   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megger View Post
SJ

Go for NHC Vtec if you want to look good. If you want to have great driving experience, then consider Cedia.

I am consistently getting 12+ kmpl with Cedia and it is due for second service now.
Is 12+ for only City driving or mixed?

Looks of interiors I would definitely vote for NHC.
But how do you rate the quality of plastic and other material used for interiors. I thought Mitsubishi is better. Also how do you rate the leather in both?
Old 18th March 2008, 09:23   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Is 12+ for only City driving or mixed?

Looks of interiors I would definitely vote for NHC.
But how do you rate the quality of plastic and other material used for interiors. I thought Mitsubishi is better. Also how do you rate the leather in both?
12+ only for City drive with/ without AC has not made much difference. Lowest I've got till date is 11.5kmpl. Have 45 odd speed breakers in my 22km run to office with new ones getting added every week.

I personally prefer lighter colour of Mitsu interiors. Car is more cheerful inside. Plastic quality is good. Only thing I didn't like was wood panel in the dashboard, but guess I'm used to it now.

Can not comment on quality leather since I drive Select.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks