Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2008, 16:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

What about swapping my SX4 with your Verna?

BTW, what is the main reason why you want to get rid off that rocket?
Old 28th February 2008, 17:09   #17
BHPian

There is another post that lists issues with SX4 - I suggest you go through that post so you know what you are getting into.

I can tell you that vs Verna:

1. Build quality is poorer in SX4
2. Torque build-up is slower
3. Interiors are of a poorer quality
4. Smaller in width by about 6 inches

Cheers
Old 28th February 2008, 17:10   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Hope you have not got into an accident and now trying to dispose it off? Otherwise, no reason why you should dump such a lovely car.
Old 28th February 2008, 17:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
BUSA bhai, I thought SX4 Looks way way better than Verna.
The SX4 has no propotions, looks fugly from the side and the boot is designed badly, looks like a after thought and is too high. The Verna, well it looks sexy IMO with curves at the right places
Old 28th February 2008, 17:18   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
The SX4 has no propotions, looks fugly from the side and the boot is designed badly, looks like a after thought and is too high. The Verna, well it looks sexy IMO with curves at the right places
IMO, even Verna is not a great looker. It looks good only if you replace the OEM wheels and replace them with wider rubber. Otherwise it looks quite a plain jane.
Old 28th February 2008, 17:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Smaller in width by about 6 inches
How is that?
L X B X H
Verna - 4310 x 1695 x 1490
SX4 - 4490 X 1735 X 1560
Old 28th February 2008, 17:35   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
How is that?
L X B X H
SX4 - 4490 X 1735 X 1560
Those were exactly my thoughts
Old 28th February 2008, 17:58   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
If you were asking to buy a car between Verna and SX4, then it wud hav been a different story bro.. but since you already have Verna..that too new... i dont see any point in changing it so soon..unless you hav some major problems with the car..

infact if u change, you ll loose on resale for sure.
My thoughts as well. Keep it as of now and use Scorpio where you nedd higher GC.
(I am not a Verna or Scorpio fan though)
Old 28th February 2008, 18:00   #24
BHPian

Is ground clearance your sole reason for changing the car?
Old 29th February 2008, 11:02   #25
BHPian

Yeldo

Hello all of you responding to my query- I am overwhelmed by your response. The reason why I considered changing my Verna is not that it has any problems. I get fed up with my cars quite soon. The Verna is one of the best cars I've ever owned, save for the Octavia. My only complaints are its turbo lag and narrow tires. I bought it from MGF Hyundai (Cochin), and the dealership/ service experience has also been very good. I talked with Skoda people yesterday, and they said the Octavia was being relaunched next month in the "Ambiente" version (I had a "Rider" earlier) with ABS. So now I'm thinking of getting one in Corrida Red, whilst keeping my Verna- sorry if this is a little off- topic. Again, many thanks. I'm keeping my Verna for sure, for the time being.
Old 29th February 2008, 11:17   #26
BHPian

Yeldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
IMO, even Verna is not a great looker. It looks good only if you replace the OEM wheels and replace them with wider rubber. Otherwise it looks quite a plain jane.
Verna looks quite nice, I think. In fact I bought the Verna just because I saw a white SX ABS (that variant was new then) parked in the delivery bay when I went in for servicing my Santro, (which I sold a month back at 7000km/ 11 months) and liked its kind of cute looks. I walked back, and asked for a TD, and purchased one in the same white color the same week. As you said, I changed the wheels into Aura alloys, but with stock tires.
Old 29th February 2008, 11:51   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
How is that?
L X B X H
SX4 - 4490 X 1735 X 1560
How about the space inside. Please provide that stats too. I bet there wont be much of the difference bet. the 2 because of the boot length difference bet. the 2 cars. Now talking of the width no comments on that part unless we get the real stats of the space inside the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Exactly. It look so hot and sporty. Tints, Chrome Alloys oh along with thick rubber. I had seen SX4 and Verna with the same fits. Verna ofcourse on the looks.
No Offense Guys: many people calls sx4 a preggy frog but not me. both of them are good at their own place. but for me Verna.

I really don't understand the reason behind changing the beast Verna with SX4. As someone said, buy scorpio and save the money. If you wanna sell your Verna sell it to me. i will be first one to buy it. Because i'm not getting 2nd hand Verna at good price in Delhi. Hardly 1-2 on Sale till yet. Dude nobody sells such gem of a car. lol
Old 29th February 2008, 13:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

'Preggy frog'? I suppose you mean 'pretty frog'. If the SX4 is one, then what about the Swift?
Would you call that a pretty toad then ?
Old 29th February 2008, 14:55   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
I get fed up with my cars quite soon. The Verna is one of the best cars I've ever owned, save for the Octavia. My only complaints are its turbo lag and narrow tires. I'm keeping my Verna for sure, for the time being.
Quote:
........ I saw a white SX ABS (that variant was new then) parked in the delivery bay when I went in for servicing my Santro, (which I sold a month back at 7000km/ 11 months) and liked its kind of cute looks. I walked back, and asked for a TD, and purchased one in the same white color the same week..

Next time you plan to change,please give me a yell

Or atleast post it in out Marketplace so that at least some of us can get lucky
Old 29th February 2008, 15:12   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I've a Verna SX ABS, which was bought in May 07. I've done 9000km, and today after seeing a friend's SX4 ZXi with its high clearance, I'm thinking about changing my car. I've a Laura, and will be getting a Scorpio VLX soon, so Diesel economy isn't a bother. But is the SX4 a worthy drive? How would it feel? I was disappointed earlier twice: first when I replaced my Maruti 800 with a Santro, and then with the Laura I bought in place of my dear Octavia. So help me
Hi,

Verna with ABS is any day better than a SX4 comparing its fuel efficiency, power etc. Only probable candidate that outweighs Verna is SX4's ground clearance and probably better service facility.

Cheers!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks