Team-BHP - Maruti Baleno 2006
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   Maruti Baleno 2006 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/36604-maruti-baleno-2006-a-5.html)

Any particular reason for selling the Santro? Why not convert the NHC to CNG?

imho - baleno is not the best car for rear seat comfort .... even an IKON would be better i feel. so if rear seat comfort is the top priority ( which looks like it ) - go for some other car..Logan is another option.

Baleno is a good car,but its a stalled model.Spares wont be an issue currently but resale would be in for a toss in the future.I wont advice a baleno in a long perspective.
ram

Please use the search function before posting new threads. Merging with existing topic here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ghlight=baleno

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram_hyundai (Post 764418)
Spares wont be an issue currently but resale would be in for a toss in the future.I wont advice a baleno in a long perspective.
ram

In what context if I may ask ? Based on some market study is it , if yes please post the source too.

Hey riju this is pure common sense that a car not in production lose the resale in the long run.So its natural that in a long run the money you spend on the baleno depreciates very fast.The last lot of the car were sold on huge discounts too.
ram

ram_hyundai... Not always. Have you tried enquiring about the going rate for ANY Toyota Qualis? There are people who are willing to give a right arm and a leg to get hold of a used Qualis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram_hyundai (Post 765061)
Hey riju this is pure common sense that a car not in production lose the resale in the long run.So its natural that in a long run the money you spend on the baleno depreciates very fast.The last lot of the car were sold on huge discounts too.
ram

while that is largely a correct conclusion - i somehow feel the Baleno seems to be "more" in demand now that ever before !! given the fact that there is clearly a segment of buyers emerging who want a affordable performance car..

similar was the case for the TOYOTA QUALIS which was fairly in good demand even after it was stopped ( all though not for the same reason as mentioned for the baleno above :) )

Hi Guys,

One last final question - I am able to get a Swift VDi with in one week delivery. Hence I wanted to ask you all should I go for Swift VDi or Baleno 2006.

Finances are like this
Loan on Baleno
332000 for 48 months - EMI - 9342

Loan on Swift VDI
544000 for 60 months - EMI 11675

Please suggest.

I have to make no downpayment for the VDI and White and black colour are available.

Regards,
Kailash

IMO swift vdi would be a better option.Upgrade the tyres and the rims ,add a petes later on and then you got a scorcher in hands.
ram

Go for the VDI, join the swift club :) well unless you care for a trunk.

Do you want a sedan or a hatch?
Petrol or Diesel?

Two different breeds altogether. So to compare, post what is the priority for you.

Mileage, Comfort, Space, VFM, Resale etc and in what order? If you actually list it on your own you will have the answer yourself.

If you drive a lot then it has to be a VDI. Also, i personally prefer new cars over seconds. Think of your priorities like:

Do you drive a lot? Do you want a hatch? Do you want to keep the car for a long time? Do you need that extra space?

Once you have answers for above, you will be able to decide which one to buy.

My Priorities are as follow

I like to drive a lot - 2005 Indica already done 82000 kms on ODO.
I like comfort and like to drive with AC on.
Wouldnt mind the extra space in the boot as then it can help in the outstation drive where we would need luggage to.
VFM
Resale.

I am not sure whether the new car would run as much as the Indica diesel as this would be an exclusive car for me and no one else. Also the current indica is used by all the three of us - Dad, me and Bro all of us.
I am more interested in Baleno as then it would be a sedan over a hatch and we already have an hatch. But I know one thing my next car in 2 yrs time would be a Safari.

If I buy Baleno then I sell it when I buy Safari - or if I buy swift VDI, I will sell my indica when I buy Safari.

Please suggest now

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram_hyundai (Post 765061)
ram

Ram if its pure common sense that makes you feel so, why is that we still have our OHC's and Qualis sell at a premium in the used car market ? What kinda sense do we apply here ?

I don't know how much of used car hunting you have done, I have looked around for a OHC and a baleno and trust me the prices ain't the way you think @least here in Bangalore.

Quote:

I am more interested in Baleno as then it would be a sedan over a hatch and we already have an hatch.
Kailash listen to your heart :P.