Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2008, 08:52   #31
BHPian

7L Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2ki View Post
waiting is the right option. will know better after some time.
if nothing new comes to my hands. then the sx4 it will be.
thanks for comments everyone.
If you are going for the SX4 , do check this out and make sure you are fine with it.
Sit in the rear seat of an SX4, Observe that the boot runs into the leg room of the rear seat. i.e. its inclined outside.
The result of this design: When sitting in the rear seat for a long drive your leg will start to ache because unlike other car's it has to be in an inclined position you cannot keep it straight which is irritating.
Old 1st April 2008, 10:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
If you are going for the SX4 , do check this out and make sure you are fine with it.
Sit in the rear seat of an SX4, Observe that the boot runs into the leg room of the rear seat. i.e. its inclined outside.
The result of this design: When sitting in the rear seat for a long drive your leg will start to ache because unlike other car's it has to be in an inclined position you cannot keep it straight which is irritating.
Filmore, can you please elaborate on this? I could not quite understand you. As the boot is behind the rear seat, how can it impede leg space? Also, how can you keep your leg straight, when there is a front seat in front?
Old 1st April 2008, 12:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
On the contrary i feel other wise.The rear seats are higher than the other sedans and so ample thigh support which helps you on long drives.In other cars you have to stretch the legs to get the thigh support which is not possible if you got a front passenger.
If you can elaborate what you mend i can stand corrected too
ram
Old 2nd April 2008, 20:51   #34
Senior - BHPian

SX4 has very comfortable rear seats as lon as there are two aduls at the rear. The raised floor in the cente and the armrest make the seat uncomfortable for a grown up person if three people are sitting abreast.
Old 2nd April 2008, 21:03   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hey, why don't you try Swift Dzire ZDI/ZXi. It has all the features a guy is looking in the car. Good boot space and the 2nd row seat is also fine. Just got the feel of the car y'day and it is great.
Old 3rd April 2008, 00:03   #36
BHPian

I dont think waiting for the new Elantra makes sense as it will cost around 10lakhs when it will be launched.Did you check out the lancer Cedia.Awesome car!
Old 4th April 2008, 14:21   #37
BHPian

hi ther. just my two bits, forget about the sx4. i test drove the car and the inside plastics look like they have been taken from a childs pencil box. Absolute no-no. I have a feeling the car will have a rattling problem within the first year or so. I would suggest that you wait for the Linia or the new Honda City than go for an SX4 now.
Old 4th April 2008, 15:41   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
hi ther. just my two bits, forget about the sx4. i test drove the car and the inside plastics look like they have been taken from a childs pencil box.
Thats quite harsh. Sx4 is a good car but i somehow feel its not doing that well as the initial period. Wait for the Next Gen City. It will surely be worth the wait. It will be better looking , better interiors. Launch expected around Oct '08.

Most Viewed