Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2005, 16:46   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

hey RX man
congrats on the car its a lovely piece of machinery.
post pics soon
Old 9th February 2005, 04:03   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
2. Fiat original alloys.
Hey RX,

Congrats on the car man! Im glad you had a good purchase experience.

Might i ask how much additional $$$ the "fiat" alloys were for?

Looking forward to pics!

cya
R
Old 9th February 2005, 08:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Hey RX,

Looking forward to pics!

cya
R
when I bought my palio they said 18000 INR extra for 14 inches alloys. Petra comes with 14 inch wheels , where as palio with 13 , why??

Dealer gave me 14 inch instead of 13 since I was interested in bigger wheels, with formula custom color formula red on 1.9 d for no charge and 30k discounts !!! hmm wonder why?
Old 9th February 2005, 12:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Hey RX,

Looking forward to pics!
18400/- for 4 Fiat alloy weels. This are same 14" alloys as that on GTX. I got good discount from dealer on them as part of car deal
Old 9th February 2005, 12:53   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
18400/- for 4 Fiat alloy weels. This are same 14" alloys as that on GTX. I got good discount from dealer on them as part of car deal
hmmm, not sure about the discount part. Rs.18,400 for four wheels seem's to be on the expensive side. However, dealers have a habit of overcharging.

Enjoy your new car!
Old 9th February 2005, 13:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
hmmm, not sure about the discount part. Rs.18,400 for four wheels seem's to be on the expensive side. However, dealers have a habit of overcharging.

Enjoy your new car!
Yep! I too thought so. I was getting Aura at 18000/- for 5 wheels, chrome (?) plated Aura 20,000/- again for 5 wheels (Did not do much R & D in Aura pricing, since I was looking for original Fiat alloys). Both Fiat dealers said it will be 22,500/- for 5 imported Fiat alloy wheels, so I did not smell anything fishy there. Effectively, I got them around 12,400/- which I was more than happy with.
Old 9th February 2005, 13:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

I remember, Lambo knew of some good alloy design and prices for them. He can tell more.
Old 9th February 2005, 18:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

I upgraded to 4 alloys and 5 wider tyres for 16,000 from Fiat dealer in Hyderabad. I claimed 5 th alloy wheel as part of the Rs.7,000 worth freebies that the dealer promised me. I got few more accessories along with this.
Old 9th February 2005, 19:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hey RX135,
Congrats on the purchase dude.This ones a really good car.Its peppy and just bout the right price for that performance machine.
Expecting pics and a review soon.

X
Old 9th February 2005, 22:07   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I checked out both Fiat showrooms in Pune. (Moralfibre, thanks for inputs on Ashwmegh!) Either one was polite, willing to give information and co-operative. I did not have to ask for test ride. They obliged. I was told that black and hazel grey are discontinued. (This in last week of December) I checked with Fiat sales, they said they will provide both colors in January. I was initially bugged with no response from Fiat Sales, but after a rather harsh reminder, I got all information which I had asked for.

I had a brief encounter with Planet Ford showroom and if I have to compare it with Fiat, it was aweful. No knowledge of car, pathetic "take-it-or-leave-it" attitude. I didn't want to talk with them anytime later.

Ashwamegh Fiat sales was fantastic (barring some of the typical sales pitch) and I would not hesitate recommending them to prospective buyers.

There has been lot of talk in media and even on this forum about Fiat's pathetic dealers. I can say, at least in Pune, they are fantastic. (I got a call from dealer asking me if everything is fine after two days of delivery).

Overall, it was very pleasant experience! Hope, the A/S/S will be similar.

About car:

Hey RX great choice!!!! I am glad you liked the sales there ... next comes service remember Sameer .... he is the Works manager there and he is a very dear friend of mine... make sure u specify my name (Kiran) to him.. I assure that you would get the better service on your car than you expect any other dealer for any other brand to serve... also you can take whatever advice you need about any tech related issue on your car... He heads this unit at Ashwamegh and dont forget to talk about FE to him.. he would definately serve you even if you do not specify my name... make sure you do not let any local roadside mechanic to touch your car be it whatever... Ashwamegh has a 24 hours breakdow vehicle (The Uno) which would serve you at any place for a small premium... awaiting for a reply from you after your first service experience.... afterall I always shout Fiat @ Ashwamegh is the best not like a case with Ashwamegh where they sold a one year old Palio (Unused) to a customer stating that it is just out from the Assembly line... (Source Autocar)
Old 10th February 2005, 07:06   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I remember, Lambo knew of some good alloy design and prices for them. He can tell more.

Hey RX,

Thanks, but i was just trying to see if you got ripped off or not

Dealers charge RIDICULOUS amount for alloys and accessories.
For example, GM charges Rs 55,000/- for the same set of 14"ers that i had got for 16,000/- at a tire shop. Identical.

Well im glad u didnt get ripped off! thumbs up:

cya
R
Old 10th February 2005, 09:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Rehaan! I would have never paid such exhorbitant amount. I heard same thing about Skoda as well. (Charging something around 60,000/- )
Old 10th February 2005, 09:59   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
next comes service remember Sameer .... he is the Works manager there and he is a very dear friend of mine... make sure u specify my name (Kiran) to him..
I happened to meet Sameer and was introduced by their sales person. Had a brief talk with him too! I am confident that I'll not have trouble during servicing, but will keep t-bhp posted with my experiences
Old 11th February 2005, 16:37   #29
Team-BHP Support

I have been trying hard to get desktop wallerpaper of Petra, so far I could only unearth these:

http://www.business2media.com/attach...at_Petra_1.jpg
http://www.business2media.com/attach...at_Petra_2.jpg

Any idea where I can get nice desktop wallpaper for Fiat Petra, preferably black Petra.
Old 11th February 2005, 16:42   #30
Senior - BHPian

Please do not feel offended, but both the pics look yuck :( The blue pic on car brochure is way better than this.

Most Viewed