Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:36   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
The car shouldnt cost you more than 1 to 1.5 lacs considering that it is well maintained and hasnt run much. But my question is why corsa?. If you do have the budget of 2 lacs you can land a decent accent or an icon. Corsa spares are difficult to come by and there is no production of this make anymore.

Ye, Many said same. I will find Ikon and Accent in that range.By this month end will buy one and I will post snaps in this tread.
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:50   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman View Post
I may agreed if I'm in mumbai, But now I'm in south karnataka, In my place Matiz and daewoo cielo sells above 1 lac. It may be unbelievable for you.

I agreee with the prices for Matiz, My close circle people got 4 well kept Matiz's in a span of 2 months and all costing beyond 1.1 lacs.

On the corsa, 4-wheel drive never came, its always front wheel drive , and a price of 1.25 lacs would be max for a spic and span maintained Corsa.

Altough its a great car to drive and maintanence is low, nothing to worry about spares, They are available for some more years to come.
Old 6th June 2008, 16:45   #18
BHPian

My suggestion is dont buy that car. A friend of mine has a Corsa 1.4 and its a very very very expensive car to maintain. I have been with him at times when he has got te car from servicing and the bills are absolutely horrible.

I am not sure how Pawan Kadam (incidentally the name of the friend I mentioned is also Pawan) calls it a low maintenance car. Spares are not avaliable, and to replace a switch on the aricon, they were charging him close to 5 grands, because it seems hat you cannot replace the switch alone but the entire assembly. We finaly took te car to a local mechanic and he added a 100 Rs switch which is doing the same job.
One of the cables got rusted once, and the GM mechanics suggested that we change the whole alternator. Ofcourse we didnt, but it goes to show the kind of service one gets when a car is discontinued. And mind you this was a custom made car, direct from the GM stables.

I agree though, its a GREAT car to drive.

Last edited by RacingForIndia : 6th June 2008 at 16:51. Reason: Grammer, statements added.
Old 9th June 2008, 19:11   #19
BHPian

why do you want to go for lpg/cng. your gonna drive the car just for 300kms/month. its will take decades for you to recover the cost of the gas kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman View Post
Thanks for advice. Ye, car is from Mangalore, even i liked this car alot for my use which is very less like 300 km per month.Interior,seat's, boot space are good, gear changing are very different than my old swift. That i may learn as i get this one. Ground clearance was the problem, but the owner increased by some way, now it looks bit more then 170mm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks