Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2008, 23:47   #16
BHPian

Any particular reason for not considering the Ford Ikon? In Kolkata it is being offered for 4.93 lakh on road, whereas the Dzire Lxi costs 5.06 lakh. The Ikon has a reputation for being an enthusiast's car, stays rattle-free for many years & comes pre-fitted with central-locking & power-windows.
Old 4th June 2008, 23:54   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
The Ikon has a reputation for being an enthusiast's car,
That was the 1.6 which is no longer available. The 1.3 Flair is slightly underpowered in my opinion and experience.
Old 5th June 2008, 12:02   #18
BHPian

Aveo - Good looks & luxury
Dzire - VFM, Good A.S.S, good resale value
Accent - Decent Looks, Low maintenance, Good A.S.S

Other cars are out of your budget.
Old 5th June 2008, 14:29   #19
BHPian

Aveo to be booked

Hi, guys. Thanks a lot for all your responses.

Right now I am in a dilemma on color. I personally love Black but as I have seen on road there are hardly any black sedans and that most of them doesnt look good if not maintained properly.
There is one 'Ivory Gold' which gives good road presence to Aveo is what I feel and is second on my list. Cashmere is another color I like but it comes third. I was told by Raj's glory that Ivory gold requires higher maintenance which I couldnt find out why. Is it true? then I might as well go for Cashmere and do away with extra maintenance related to Black/Ivory gold.

Please reply.
Old 6th June 2008, 00:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Great. One more addition to the Aveo family

Yes black is little difficult to protect from scratches and dust. Ivory gold is really a good color. But not sure if needs so much maintenance. As far as I know, the guys mentioned that it comes with 3 coating and hence they cost a little bit more.

Cashmere, is another fast moving color.

Anyway, better have a look of all 3 together if possible and listen to your heart...
Old 6th June 2008, 03:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

well why not look at the logan petrol?

in my opinion swift badly lacks FIT AND FINISH! but then i would not mind living with a swift diesel just for the engine, and the benefits it offers.

well if you are looking at the entry level sedans, then there is also the indigoCS that is around 5lacs on road and its a diesel. or you can still go for the petrol too.

then there is the IKON and ACCENT like mentioned above.

and regarding the color i would not suggest black, forget the looks for a second, on a nice hot sunny day say in the summer just touch surface of a black color vehicle that is parked for an hour under the sun and do the same with a lighter shade car you will instantly know why i say no to black color!

the color absorbs too much heat and turns the car in to a OVEN.

and being black has its disadvantage in the highways during nights, the car wont be as visible as other lighter shades.

just keep these in mind before deciding to go for a black color car.
Old 6th June 2008, 06:27   #22
BHPian

I would suggest on going for the Aveo as well.
GM has been improving their after sales and have identified India as one of their main markets and are hence investing a lot of money. I'm sure in a few years time GM will be one of the top 3 manufacturer's in India. So resale value should improve too.
Old 6th June 2008, 08:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

saab, two the things.

Firstly, the singular reason why Aveo hasnt really picked is because of even well informed TBHPians recommending dZire because of MSIL badge.

Resale value wouldnt really be bad - not compared to comfort and quality of overall experience you get with GM. And unless you plan to change in 3 years, resale would be okay.

bt please understand its running cost wont be like an i10
Old 6th June 2008, 11:09   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
then I might as well go for Cashmere and do away with extra maintenance related to Black/Ivory gold.

Please reply.
Cashmere look good on all Chevy cars.

I have seen Magnum, Aveo and Spark in Cachmere. I own UVA in Cashmere.

Last edited by Firebird : 6th June 2008 at 11:10. Reason: did silly error
Old 6th June 2008, 17:13   #25
BHPian

@ WHEELWAKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
I was told by Raj's glory that Ivory gold requires higher maintenance which I couldnt find out why. Is it true?
I met one Ivory Gold optra and one aveo owner. He told me that though it is the best colour, but any amount of dirt especially small amounts of mud like near the wheels or door bottoms makes the car look real dirty.
Moreover its around 6K costlier. That money could buy you a 7" LCD screen for the dash/ headrest.

That way cashmere is a forgiving colour and easy to maintain too. Go for cashmere with maybe chrome handles (2.5 K). You'll love the exclusive look.
Old 10th June 2008, 13:13   #26
BHPian

Thanks everybody for sending in your opinion. I have finally decided on 'Ivory Gold'. I saw all the three colors of my choice in flesh and 'Ivory Gold' sure stood out and I think its gives Aveo awesome road presence and that classy touch. Not to mention that I am not paying anything extra for this color.

Also, just an FYI my dealer is giving me body colored doors handles/ORVMs done (as it is 1.4 Base) and central locking and other essential accessories as freebies. I also got a good dealer and GM corporate discount. Plus the cashless ownership. I think it should be a real VFM. Wassay?

I should have my chevy by this Sunday. Lets hope so.cheers:
Old 13th June 2008, 18:04   #27
aks316

hi congrats.. i think you should go for cashmere i find it better after black.. honda city exi is worth a look and it has the same features as aveo 1.4 and its not underpowered.. ya fiesta maintenance is little high than the rest.. the mileage i told you was overall.. but since you have decided on aveo its a good car and you wont regret it.. but still i think you should go for the top model of aveo with airbags and abs as it will help when you do highway driving.. i jus came back from nanital and i took my honda city gxi and i felt the need of abs as i found the brakes weak and in hard braking it use to skid..

Old 13th June 2008, 18:17   #28
Senior - BHPian

pics of your new baby please!
Old 13th June 2008, 20:49   #29
BHPian

@Wheelwake.

Congats, if you have decided on Ivory Gold then do go for it. And post some pics soon along with the accessories you have fit (with price please!).
Old 16th June 2008, 13:38   #30
BHPian

Hi, just to update you guys. I am yet to receive my chevy. Should get it this week. Have gone in for some accessories that I think would be useful for me (I am a new driver)

1)Fog Lights
2)Reverse Sensor(LED)
3)Body colored door handles and ORVMs(freebie)
4)remote keyless entry( freebie)
5)leather steering grip, under body coating, art leather seat cover

I am almost certain on following basic ICE setup for the time being:
1) Pioneer HU (the one with USB support) I dont remember the model no.
2) will keep the stock speakers and add JBL GTO937 in the rear.

Please pour in your opinion. If you feel I have missed on accessory/ICE thingy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks