Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2008, 11:56   #1
aks316

Skoda Fabia.. no car for test drive.. what to do?

hi everybody.. i am interested in buying a skoda fabia and its been 2 months and they still havnt called me for a test drive but they keep calling me & asking when i am booking the car and i keep replying them with the same answer i cant buy a car without test driving it.. the car was launched in jan and they still dont have a car for a test drive and they behave as if i am the only 1 who is interested in the car they are so arrogant and rude.. so now my interest again is going towards chevy aveo the car i simply love but i didnt buy it coz i bought a civiv in feb so now i have a chance to buy it.. what say people should i go for the chevy aveo or wait for the test drive of skoda fabia which i dont know when i will get..

Old 16th June 2008, 12:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Check out another Skoda dealer, if there is any. Else check out other car dealers. I want others to respect me, atleast when I am paying them

If the sales people are so arrogant, you could guess how the service people would be.
Old 16th June 2008, 12:19   #3
BHPian

Buddy, you can buy the Fabia on an act of faith as some owners on this forum seem to have done. Ask Netchef .. .
Old 16th June 2008, 12:24   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Simple:

- Find another dealer who has a vehicle available for TD
- Find a friend, t-bhpian who has a Fabia and see if you can drive their fabia

Else, start looking for another car to TD :-)
Old 16th June 2008, 13:55   #5
Team-BHP Support

Is the Skoda Fabia the only car you wish to buy?

What are your requirements that makes the Fabia the best contender?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 16th June 2008 at 13:56.
Old 16th June 2008, 15:17   #6
aks316

ya.. i am going to contact other dealers now and if they also dont have it then i might have to think of some other car coz i dont want to buy a car without test drivivng it.. i am a fan of german cars and solid build cars and thats why i was considering skoda fabia but after the response of skoda dealer i dont feel like buying skoda fabia.. i have read the reviews of fabia owners but still i want to test drive the car as it may suit me or it may not.. i dont know any1 who has a fabia.. no its not the only car in my list of options.. i want a petrol car which is not too big like civic or optra or corrolla.. i was thinking of buying another civic but then i dropped the idea so now my options are soon to be launched new honda city, chevy aveo and skoda fabia.. i reely love the chevy aveo and for the price its a very good car.. verna, fiesta and sx4 are out.. verna dont like the looks at all, sx4 poor quality interiors, fiesta ford service dont trust them..

Old 16th June 2008, 15:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

You left out the Mitsubishi Cedia. It deserves a TD. You'll be surprised I can assure you.
Old 16th June 2008, 15:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

SIMPLE - Don't buy it and make sure Skoda knows why !!

It will still be useless though, because they don't care ( SKODA - Obesessed with themselves since 18** ) Lol

Buy a Swift Diesel, Verna, Fiesta , all good cars at good prices, though not with the safety features like that in Fabia.

Last edited by vkochar : 16th June 2008 at 15:56.
Old 16th June 2008, 16:20   #9
aks316

what is the on road price of cedia.. how is the handling of the car because i love to drive so i would love a drivers car.. hows the comfort and interiors of it.. i want a petrol car and i dont want a swift diesel and i dont like vernas look at all and ford service is not good so it is out.. my options are as if now is soon to be launched honda city, skoda fabia and chevy aveo and i m surly going to take a test drive of cedia as i have heard lot about its handling.. whats your say on the chevy aveo coz i reely love the cars look..

Old 16th June 2008, 17:45   #10
BHPian

Have heard yet another story of skoda attitude from my friends.
Here two guys go to the skoda showroom in Bangalore, looking for the fabia itself. The salesman just passively said that they can find the vehicle in another section and just ignored them. Way too pathetic behaviour and like the way it had to be , my friends did not take the vehicle.
I will definitely have a look of awe in face , when i see a skoda fabia owner! ;-)
Old 16th June 2008, 18:23   #11
Senior - BHPian

Boss,

They give TD within their premises.

Please check with the gurgaon Giriraj Skoda(?) near Hotel Galaxy. They even give lo-behold Petrol Fabia TDs
Old 16th June 2008, 22:22   #12
BHPian

I think Skoda exec's are on the payroll of certain competitors. First, they zero in on 3 cylinder engines for a premium hatch, then they goof up the pricing....and best of all, no testdrive cars available!

They better kick the habit of whatever they have been smokin'
Old 16th June 2008, 22:32   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks316 View Post
what is the on road price of cedia.. how is the handling of the car because i love to drive so i would love a drivers car.. hows the comfort and interiors of it.. i want a petrol car and i dont want a swift diesel and i dont like vernas look at all and ford service is not good so it is out.. my options are as if now is soon to be launched honda city, skoda fabia and chevy aveo and i m surly going to take a test drive of cedia as i have heard lot about its handling.. whats your say on the chevy aveo coz i reely love the cars look..
Dude!!! u want a drivers car and you zeroed in on a Fabia?? And of all the things, a petrol one??

Pls don't tell me its the 1.2 version!

Since you have a good budget, pls go and buy something else.
Old 16th June 2008, 22:37   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks316 View Post
ya.. i am going to contact other dealers now and if they also dont have it then i might have to think of some other car coz i dont want to buy a car without test drivivng it.. i am a fan of german cars and solid build cars and thats why i was considering skoda fabia but after the response of skoda dealer i dont feel like buying skoda fabia.. i have read the reviews of fabia owners but still i want to test drive the car as it may suit me or it may not.. i dont know any1 who has a fabia.. no its not the only car in my list of options.. i want a petrol car which is not too big like civic or optra or corrolla.. i was thinking of buying another civic but then i dropped the idea so now my options are soon to be launched new honda city, chevy aveo and skoda fabia.. i reely love the chevy aveo and for the price its a very good car.. verna, fiesta and sx4 are out.. verna dont like the looks at all, sx4 poor quality interiors, fiesta ford service dont trust them..
I think that there are very few cars that can beat the cedia in terms of handling. the engine could be better but its really good in every other department. definitely worth taking a td at the very least. i think it is around 9 lacs on road for the base version. tyre upgrade highly recommended though for driving pleasure
Old 16th June 2008, 23:47   #15
Senior - BHPian

^^Spot on... you won't get a better handling car below the 325i.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks