Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2008, 09:45   #1

Used Baleno at 3.50 lakhs ?

Hi,

I am getting a Mar 2006 Baleno lxi which has done 30K kms for 3.50 Lakhs in Noida. Kindly let me know if you think it is a good buy ? What is the normal maintenance cost of a belano ? and the last question is what is the service interval for getting a baleno serviced ?

My monthly running on this car would not be more then 1000 Kms.

Thanks !
Old 24th June 2008, 12:21   #2

No Replies. Seems that its a not good deal :-)
Old 24th June 2008, 13:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

amit I really cant comment on the prices in the North, fellow owners there should be able to help you with that.

When you say normal maintainence , I assume its the regular service. Dont worry , it wont burn big holes in your pockets. A normal check up with service should run you a bill of less than a grand.

Some of the spares are expensive but otherwise it should be ok.
Regarding the service intervals, I service my car every 5k kms and an oil change every 10k.
Old 24th June 2008, 13:32   #4

Thanks RJ for the reply ! If you go for oil change every 10K then what else is covered in 5K service ? It would be great if you can provide me with some estimate about the rear spoiler cost for baleno.
Old 24th June 2008, 13:46   #5
Team-BHP Support

The price seems ok but it depends on the condition of the car. Can you please post a pic of the car?
Old 24th June 2008, 14:02   #6
BHPian

Is there any reason why you are looking at the Baleno? Its a discontinued model from the Maruti stable & at the money that you are spending you can look at quite a few new cars and many many used cars, including a Honda City.
Old 24th June 2008, 14:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

2002 model - 50K kms, single owner, the very 1st model even before the LX and VX trims came into picture, stock alloys and TBHP -std blue color, mint condition, coimbatore regn- my friends,expected- 1.5Lacs, no buyers for last 3-4 months...!!
Old 24th June 2008, 14:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
2002 model - 50K kms, single owner, the very 1st model even before the LX and VX trims came into picture, stock alloys and TBHP -std blue color, mint condition, coimbatore regn- my friends,expected- 1.5Lacs, no buyers for last 3-4 months...!!
something is not right with that baleno. Else it is a hot buy.
Old 24th June 2008, 14:43   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

3.5 lakhs seems perfectly acceptable for a 2 year old Baleno. The only question that remians is its state of current maintenance.
Old 24th June 2008, 14:43   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitjinds View Post
Thanks RJ for the reply ! If you go for oil change every 10K then what else is covered in 5K service ? It would be great if you can provide me with some estimate about the rear spoiler cost for baleno.
Its just a regular service thingy that happens. As in the order of cleaning the spark plugs, air filter et all and some fairness cream applied to make the car looking smashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
something is not right with that baleno. Else it is a hot buy.
I completely agree here. Just been helping a friend buy a baleno and the prices are in bangalore. Finally we decided to look around in Mysore or some other place.
Old 24th June 2008, 16:14   #11

This car was bought by one of the employee in the company under company lease plan, When that guy left the company, He left the car with the company. I got it through bidding process. Positive thing about this deal is that as it was with a software guy, So I don't expect it to be abused much and 30K seems to be decent reading on ODO. I was never in favor of Baleno but after going through the good experiences that T-Bhp guys had with Baleno, I developed a liking for it.

I read somewhere in T-Bhp in one of the posts that with AC switched on Baleno's response becomes sluggish. Can any of the owner who faced same or contrasting experince shed light on it ?
Old 24th June 2008, 17:20   #12
BHPian

Quote:
I read somewhere in T-Bhp in one of the posts that with AC switched on Baleno's response becomes sluggish. Can any of the owner who faced same or contrasting experince shed light on it ?
I'm sure this will be met by a chorus of indignant "No"s, so let me be the first: the answer is "No".
Old 25th June 2008, 09:49   #13
BHPian

Quote:
I'm sure this will be met by a chorus of indignant "No"s, so let me be the first: the answer is "No".
Unfortunately i have to say "YES"! So the next question is: What's wrong with my Baleno? What could be potentially wrong, if the performance is sluggish with A/C on?
Old 25th June 2008, 10:46   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I am getting a Mar 2006 Baleno lxi which has done 30K kms for 3.50 Lakhs in Noida. Kindly let me know if you think it is a good buy ? What is the normal maintenance cost of a belano ? and the last question is what is the service interval for getting a baleno serviced ?

My monthly running on this car would not be more then 1000 Kms.

Thanks !
3.5 for an '06 seems to be a very reasonable price. If the car is in good condition you should go for it. Take it to an authorized Maruti center and get the vehicle checked for any major issues such as accidents, etc.

For service intervals, refer to the owners manual and go strictly per what is recommended and you will not have any problems.

Problems come up when people do not abide by what is recommended in the owners manual and take short cuts, or just dont want to spend any money until something breaks down.

I would imagine that service costs are minimal since Maruti parts are cheap.

Good luck.
Old 25th June 2008, 10:58   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
Unfortunately i have to say "YES"! So the next question is: What's wrong with my Baleno? What could be potentially wrong, if the performance is sluggish with A/C on?
My Baleno is now near 30k kms, and as sprightly as the day I got it. Am running Mobil1 supersynth oil, but that apart even earlier, hardly felt it get heavy with AC on, unless I was climbing a steep slope.
You should have 91 hp on call, and this should easily take the load of the AC.

I suppose one would have to see your service history, to make sure all scheduled tasks were done, proper tyre pressures, wheel bearings and any other things that may drag on rolling resistance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks