Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2008, 10:57   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Hi,

I have been thinking about replacing my 2004 Palio D with a sedan for some time now. Today happened to pass near a FirstChoice showroom in Trivandrum, kerala and noticed an Elantra. Went in enquired about the car. Details below

Regd Date: Jun 2005
Miles: 80,000 kms
Single Owner
White colour
Full option car, with ABS, EBD, TCS, Climate control, Alloys, new tyres (two brand new from last owner and two brand new from FirstChoice), integrated stereo, I know it doesnt play MP3 :( etc etc.)

Asking Price is 5,85,000 for a swap with my Palio D (done 66,000 kms, ELX, good tyres with 14" alloys, accident free)

I was offered 2.25 for my old car, so the rest is 3,60,000 to be paid or financed.

I did a short TD and was impressed. The clutch seemed a little heavy (tight) other than that, the car felt rock solid. Suspensions also responded quite well. Its a single owner car and First Choice assures that it is accident free and I kind of trust them (not too sure though) Anyways, my biggest concern is the fact that the car has run 80K kms. Would the crdi engine run smoothly for lets say another 50K. I intend to keep this car for atleast 3 years and may be more, depending upon the condition then.

I have paid a booking amount to block the car for a few days. It seems there are other serious buyers too.

My question to all experienced guys here is, whether this is a good buy? Price wise and model wise. I dont think there is any better options in this price range, considering the goodies on offer in this car. Me and wife are very happy, except for the high mileage on the odo. Please give your thoughts.

I bought my first car - a Maruti Zen LX from FC when they were Automart. I used the car for 2 years. While selling it, everybody (the dealers) told me that this car has been into an accident and has had a major repair work. This is something which was not disclosed by Automart and I bought it in good faith - reputed company and all that. They say as per their policy they cannot buy a car with history of any accident - This is all crap.

my reco - don't believe FC - you have a good budget - buy a new car.
Old 16th July 2008, 11:16   #32
Senior - BHPian

The car was inspected by mechanics and through the management team and hence we are sure there was no accident as of now.
Old 16th July 2008, 11:22   #33
Senior - BHPian

I still feel the price is too high. There was a mint condition Elantra CRDi for sale with a dealer here, had run less than 50k, and was sold for 5.4 lac.
Old 16th July 2008, 12:36   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an10 View Post
I bought my first car - a Maruti Zen LX from FC when they were Automart. I used the car for 2 years. While selling it, everybody (the dealers) told me that this car has been into an accident and has had a major repair work. This is something which was not disclosed by Automart and I bought it in good faith - reputed company and all that. They say as per their policy they cannot buy a car with history of any accident - This is all crap.

my reco - don't believe FC - you have a good budget - buy a new car.
First Choice ...was Automart earlier?

I dont trust "AUTOMART" they have had very bad name, came to know from few people working there that they do lots of goof ups...

These guys are not trustworthy!
Old 16th July 2008, 12:37   #35
BHPian

I tend to agree that the price seems too high.. There are a couple of Elantra CRDi for 5.5 in Bangy itself..
Old 16th July 2008, 12:50   #36
BHPian

Booking Confirmed...

Thanks all for the valuable comments.

@lohithrao
I am already stretching my budget for buying this car. Couple of lacs more easy to say, but hard to get.
Also, I am changing my Palio for need of a sedan, a Scorpio will not suffice our needs. I need a sedan only.

@gods-envy
Thanks for the support offered. I am already in contact with FCs dealer accounts manager and the territory manager. Will let you know if I need anything. They have assured that they will take the car to Hyundai shop for the repairs. Also they have asured replacement of parts, and not repairs, where ever applicable. They also said, if the work were minor, like oil change alone, then they have a small workshop to do it. But, in my case, its the Hyundai shop only, Hilton Hyundai.

@an10
Jk has answered you question. FC admitted that there were patch work done on the body, but no replacements were done.

@JayD and @prabhuav
There have been other Elantras sold for lesser prices, but I cant find any. Now, that I have seen the car and driven it, and with all the assurances made, I cant wait any longer for a better piece.

I am ready to take up any eventualities that would follow int he coming years. I just love this car and the features it offers.

So the important part is that I have confirmed my booking. Will be moving the paper works today itself. Have to get a loan approved for some part of the price. All going well, I should be able to post pics of my new ride by end of next week.

Thanks one and all for all the support.
Old 16th July 2008, 13:55   #37
BHPian

Good luck on your purchase . Pete it had have a blast
Old 16th July 2008, 14:22   #38
Senior - BHPian

basilmabraham - Congratulations on your new ride. Although I must admit that I do have misgivings about you trading in your trusty Palio for a car with such a high mileage, I'm sure you've done much research into the car before deciding to take the plunge, so wish you all the very best. Hope she gives you atleast a few years of steady service. Please do post a review once you've done some decent mileage on the new car in your life. The Elantra CRDi is a very competent vehicle and I can understand why you might have felt tempted to trade the Palio.
Old 16th July 2008, 14:29   #39
BANNED

Congrats Basil.
So, when're you getting it Pete'fied?

Stock ICE in Elantra is good enough. But if you want to upgrade, then we're here to help you spend a lot on that! :wicked smile:
Old 16th July 2008, 15:08   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Thanks all for the valuable comments.

So the important part is that I have confirmed my booking. Will be moving the paper works today itself. Have to get a loan approved for some part of the price. All going well, I should be able to post pics of my new ride by end of next week.

Thanks one and all for all the support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
Good luck on your purchase . Pete it had have a blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Congrats Basil.
So, when're you getting it Pete'fied?

Stock ICE in Elantra is good enough. But if you want to upgrade, then we're here to help you spend a lot on that! :wicked smile:
Pete! no! that was my deal with him if I was to help.

And coz he travels a bit, I gave him some ideas regarding ICE.
Old 16th July 2008, 19:10   #41
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase! Post pics and give us a review. It is one hell of machine, i agree!! Was planning for one, but then the production-stop stopped me...
Old 17th July 2008, 19:41   #42
BHPian

Congrates mate. You will be in love with the car as i'm in love with my Elantra CRDi. Ultimate Torquish Machine with superb handling and braking (Best in it's class) at this price.
4 months back i was looking for Brand New Elantra in various showrooms for me, in this hope that some or the other guy must be having any Elantra in their stock as its been phased out.

Now m heading for Verna. hehe
Old 20th July 2008, 07:04   #43
Senior - BHPian

Elantra was a ton better in handling than the Verna, IMHO... don't know why Hyundai would phase it out without having a successor...
Old 20th July 2008, 11:07   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Elantra was a ton better in handling than the Verna, IMHO... don't know why Hyundai would phase it out without having a successor...
Elantra is stable at 200 kmph too. Changed tyres to 205.
Old 20th July 2008, 12:13   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

I own Elantra i am very happy with the ownership experience,

A normal service will cost you around 4000bucks,clutch with flywheel will cost around 15k Normally it returns 12-13kpl city,14-17kpl highway,it can easily touch 200kmph in speedo , stablity and brakes are awesome.
Some parts like climate control module and abs system are very costly to replace.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks