Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2008, 18:43   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post

Now have I increased the confusion??
Yes you did. Adding to that - any tax changes may make this segment a bit costlier, apart from rising cost of steel ...blah ...blah..blah..

As mentioned by GTO elsewhere in the forum, some part of the decision to buy is also based on one's need quotient.
Old 13th September 2008, 19:22   #17
BHPian

I too recommend to buy one by Jan-Feb. I dont see any teething issues for this car and it looks good as of now. See my test drive comparison in the other thread.

Also Toyota is yet to come out with corporate discounts for Altis. For Civic, Honda offers 25k discount now. Heard they are now desperately trying to sell off the left over NHCs (about 160 cars in Dakshin Honda) and same is the case with Toyota for the old Corolla model.
Old 29th September 2008, 15:00   #18

Guys, I test drove the Altis on Saturday and I just have one word to say ---"AWESOME". I drove it through bad roads, good roads, speed breakers etc etc.... and the performance was simply superb, the ride was very comfortable and the one thing that I liked the most compared to my NHC was the ground clearance. The sales person who accompanied me on the TD was able to answer all my technical queries. So I don't think I can wait till Jan next year
Old 29th September 2008, 21:56   #19
BHPian

Went and sat in an altis and when i set the driving seat to my normal position (pushed back), found that the rear seat leg space was not significantly more than the Jetta. The other strange thing which i noticed is the under thigh support - much shorter than the baleno by atleast 3-4"! for tall people this would be a real problem for long journeys. Surprised that no one has noticed it.. Will probably have a TD over the weekend..
Old 29th September 2008, 22:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

Generally best time for car shopping is during end of year i.e. December. Reason being company try to shelf off their older year model as soon as possible.
Old 29th September 2008, 23:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

Under thigh support on the rear seat in the Altis is a problem even for a 5'9" person like me so yes, for taller people it'll definitely be a problem.
Old 30th September 2008, 08:34   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Under thigh support on the rear seat in the Altis is a problem even for a 5'9" person like me so yes, for taller people it'll definitely be a problem.
Low seating and poor thigh support is increasingly becoming a trend in most new cars – especially bigger cars. In fact Zen and Santro give better support here. Wonder what is the design concept behind this!
Old 30th September 2008, 09:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

Over the last week, I have started seeing Altis on Delhi roads. Nearly all are blue. If not fully exposed, it looks like a Camry.
Old 30th September 2008, 10:33   #24
evo
BHPian

If you cant wait till December, atleast try to buy it during the end of October so that the sales guy has atleast some pressure from his monthly target commitments.
Old 30th September 2008, 14:01   #25
BHPian

End of Jan Would be the best time to buy an altis, they will be in peer pressure to sell the 08 Altis in stock, I have sold Corolla to a customer with 1.1 Lakh discount on a 06 automatic model in Feb 07, so that is the kind of offer one gets for year end issues, we can atlest expect half of that discount on the Altis.
Old 10th October 2008, 11:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Dollar touched 49 Rs today, hope that doesn't effect in increase of price. Dealer was giving a hint about price increase but didn't tell for sure. I have booked one Altis GL for delivery on Dhan teras, 2 days before diwali. I was able to bargain for a lot of accesories.

Sales guys were telling me that currently they do not have any targets or any incentives on selling the car. Once that starts they will start getting on with their contacts.
Old 13th October 2008, 00:16   #27
Vin
BHPian

On road price

Did anyone buy/book an altis in delhi yet,

what on road price did it cost you, also what kind of deal such as extras did you manage,

also what insurance amount and interest on EMI are you paying ..

thanks a lot in advance,

V
Old 13th October 2008, 17:07   #28
BHPian

My cousin has booked a Pearl White Altis VL in Kochi. The on-road price is exactly 14 lacs.
Old 20th October 2008, 10:44   #29

Hey Guys I bought my Altis on Friday from RadhaKrishna Toyota in Hyderabad. The car as well as the buying experience from RK Toyota were AWESOME. I would definitely recommend people in Hyderabad to check out the dealer for themselves....
Old 21st October 2008, 11:53   #30

Also I have posted my experience with the buying process and sales and customer service staff at the showroom in this link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-service.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks