Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2008, 17:55   #1
BANNED

Hyundai Accent Executive vs TATA Indigo

Hi all,

What's the better choice between the Hyundai Accent Executive and the TATA Indigo, in terms of comfort, reliability, VFM, out of station service networks, etc.
Both are very closely priced, and offer almost the same features, which is why it is a tad tough to make a decision.
I probably would have also considered the TATA Indigo XL Classic Petrol, but it comes equipped with a music system, and from what I've heard, after market systems are way better than the OEM ones.

BTW, are there any rumors of phasing away the Accent?
Old 21st October 2008, 18:13   #2
BANNED

The Hyundai will offer you better refinement while the Tata will offer you better comfort & take loads of abuse.

Will not comment on VFM as this means different things to different people. Out of station service network is not an issue with either (both are reliable).
Old 21st October 2008, 20:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

Phasing out of Accent has been rumoured for long. Indigo to is expected to undergo a facelift in few months. IMO Accent wins hands down. The interior trim quality, engine ,gearshift and service will be better by Accent. Where Indigo wins is Rear bench! But i would still suggest the Accent!
Old 21st October 2008, 20:42   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
I probably would have also considered the TATA Indigo XL Classic Petrol, but it comes equipped with a music system, and from what I've heard, after market systems are way better than the OEM ones.
Indigo XL is in different price band and is far supirior on interior space.

The 'XL Classic' does not come equiped with OE music system. 'XL Grand' does.
Old 21st October 2008, 20:49   #5
Team-BHP Support

If the petrol Indigo is being considered, the Accent wins without a doubt. The service experience of hyundai would be much better I assume.

BTW: - What are the OTR prices and why only these two cars ? What happened to your indica plans ?
Old 21st October 2008, 20:56   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
If the petrol Indigo is being considered, the Accent wins without a doubt. The service experience of hyundai would be much better I assume.

BTW: - What are the OTR prices and why only these two cars ? What happened to your indica plans ?
Yep, looking for a petrol sedan. Following are their ex-showroom prices:
Hyundai Accent Executive : 5,24,652/-
TATA Indigo GLX : 5,18,089/-
TATA Indigo XL Classic : 5,59,247/-

What are my other options in this price bracket?
Old 21st October 2008, 20:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

I am sure you would have done sufficient research before narrowing down to these 2. But curious to know the process.

My vote is for Accent. The only draw back I could see in it is the low bed. Rest its a wonderful one. And after the recent introduction of Executive, its very attractively priced.
Old 21st October 2008, 21:07   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I am sure you would have done sufficient research before narrowing down to these 2. But curious to know the process.
I was looking for a petrol sedan, and wanted either a Hyundai, Maruti or a TATA product. Looked up their sites, their features, their prices, and came up with these.

Quote:
My vote is for Accent. The only draw back I could see in it is the low bed. Rest its a wonderful one. And after the recent introduction of Executive, its very attractively priced.
I too am inclined more towards the Hyundai Accent for 2 reasons - One being that it's a Hyundai product, and two -like you said, it's attractively priced.
Old 21st October 2008, 21:10   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yep, looking for a petrol sedan. Following are their ex-showroom prices:
Hyundai Accent Executive : 5,24,652/-
TATA Indigo GLX : 5,18,089/-
TATA Indigo XL Classic : 5,59,247/-
Do not look at these figures alone. There may be discounts/freebies etc running on particular models which may be substantial . Have you found out the OTR prices ?

Also, between the Indigo and the Ikon, I would choose the later. But will choose Accent over all three.
Old 21st October 2008, 21:10   #10
BHPian

Accent Vs Indigo

Accent Executive with loads of features, tried and tested engine, refinement and Hyundai's excellent after sales service does seem like a tempting option. In fact I was considering it too, though the only hurdle is the fear of it being discontinued . The car is great but it seems Hyundai is repackaging it with a lot of goodies to finish off its existing stock. None of the Hyundai global websites feature the Accent, in fact Verna is sold as Accent in all international markets (except for India, ofcourse). But as i said, with its current price tag, features, and performance it sure is a great VFM and beats the Indigo hands down!
Old 21st October 2008, 21:12   #11
BHPian

The choice depends upon on the following factors:

If the car is
1) often chauffer-driven
2) extensively used and abused
3) meant to be extremely comfortable and spacious in the rear
4) not white in colour
5) frequently used for long hauls
6) not meant to be the best driving machine around

then the Indigo XL is unbeatable, especially the diesel.

However, if the car is
1) owner-driven
2) meant for maximum driving pleasure
3) a petrol and refined
4) OK with dated looks
5) manageable with the relatively uncomfortable seating

then the Accent wins hands down.
Old 21st October 2008, 21:12   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was looking for a petrol sedan, and wanted either a Hyundai, Maruti or a TATA product. Looked up their sites, their features, their prices, and came up with these.
Sorry if I sound stupid, but, Dezire petrol should be in your price range right?
Old 21st October 2008, 21:14   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Do not look at these figures alone. There may be discounts/freebies etc running on particular models which may be substantial . Have you found out the OTR prices ?
Makes full sense!

Quote:
Also, between the Indigo and the Ikon, I would choose the later. But will choose Accent over all three.
So, the preference is Accent > Ikon > Indigo, IF it's a petrol sedan that I'm looking for, correct?

Quote:
Sorry if I sound stupid, but, Dezire petrol should be in your price range right?
It probably is; however, I never even bothered looking into it, simply because I didn't find its looks too appealing.
Besides, I've been a Maruti customer for a long time now, and wish to move on. I think I wouldn't be disappointed in Hyundai.

I just hope they don't phase away the Accent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
The choice depends upon on the following factors:

If the car is
1) often chauffer-driven
2) extensively used and abused
3) meant to be extremely comfortable and spacious in the rear
4) not white in colour
5) frequently used for long hauls
6) not meant to be the best driving machine around

then the Indigo XL is unbeatable, especially the diesel.

However, if the car is
1) owner-driven
2) meant for maximum driving pleasure
3) a petrol and refined
4) OK with dated looks
5) manageable with the relatively uncomfortable seating

then the Accent wins hands down.
Has got to be 'petrol'. The vehicle will be driven solely by me. I don't care for rear bench space and comfort, since that space won't be utilized.
Looking for a nice, comfortable vehicle with a decent petrol engine, and good interiors.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd October 2008 at 16:37. Reason: see note in post
Old 21st October 2008, 21:27   #14
BHPian

i would suggest the accent exective for being a better drivers cars and overall refinement. Also the finishing of accent is considerably better then the indigo.

Indigo diesel would have been a diifferent case because of economy but if its petrol you are looking for then just close your eyes and picy accent. Its one of the best VFM car.

also the servicing of hyundai is pretty good and being an owner of xing i can vouch for it. I infact found it better then maruti!
good luck.

Last edited by ashish22 : 21st October 2008 at 21:30.
Old 21st October 2008, 21:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It probably is; however, I never even bothered looking into it, simply because I didn't find its looks too appealing.
Besides, I've been a Maruti customer for a long time now, and wish to move on. I think I wouldn't be disappointed in Hyundai.

I just hope they don't phase away the Accent.
The way companies are introducing new models and facelifting the old ones its highly possible accent may be faced out or facelifted.
Ikon has been facelifted recently so do keep that in mind while buying!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks