Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2008, 19:15   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
I am not assuming. I am pretty sure about what I stated. I have a family in cochin and between all the cars purchased/sold in cochin/bangalore, I am pretty positive that there is a higher premium demanded by cars in Bangalore v/s cars from coastal kerala.
I lived 22 years in kerala and for last 10 years in BLR, in this time i have personally (for my use) bought and sold more than (let me count) 8 cars or more both in KL and KA, new and old. And my first hand experience is that its the agents/dealers who always misguide the pricing in the resale market.

Cochin prices are lil less compared to Trivandrum (where am from which is also a coastal city) thanks to a bigger business community who generally change cars more often and dont mind selling it at a lil less price. There also the dealer/agent nexus has been playing a major part since early 90's. I have purchased one car from Cochin and i experienced their (agents/dealer) brilliance in selling.

Have traveled as far as Nagpur to pick up cars going cheap and then selling it in kerala at a good premium, this was a good money making scheme couple of my friends did in mid 90's. Then again you cant even compare the condition of the so called "cheap cars" to that of Kerala cars.

What i am trying to correct here is that kerala being a coastal state, cars are prone to rust and hence lesser resale. This is a MYTH! Unless you live in a beach front house in say Quilon (again one conti came cheap but with loads off rust termed as kuzhithurumbu in mal ).

Resale nowadays is decided by the market, which is controlled by dealers and agents. If you have time and patience in hand you can still get decent price for your vehicle, irrespective you are in cochin or in bangalore.

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th October 2008 at 19:18.
Old 30th October 2008, 19:45   #17
BHPian

Jaggu - I understand your point of view. But I still disagree! When I bought this point up, it was to clarify that one cannot say XYZ car has a resale value of xyz rupees in bangalore, hence if u are getting it for lesser amount in kerala - go for it. Kerala and bangalore are two different markets.

Cheers
Old 30th October 2008, 19:53   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
hence if u are getting it for lesser amount in kerala - go for it. Kerala and bangalore are two different markets.

Cheers
completely to this. Dont compare between 2 markets, the same car if the seller wants can sell at 3.75 to 4 lakhs in kerala, but will take some major time since a 2nd hand baleno in kerala wouldnt sell fast compared to bangalore.
Old 30th October 2008, 21:39   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Its a steal @ 3.25 lakhs IMO... Are you changing your signature???
Dear Airwind, Oh yeah!! Changed it already! Consider me a 'Born again Petrol Head'

Thank you all, for all your advice. I have decided to buy the car. Will keep you posted regarding my experience as a born again PETROL HEAD.
Old 30th October 2008, 21:57   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Can climate control be retro fitted into an LXi?
Dear Srijith, Dont know whether it can be. But Judging by the cost of SGP spares for the baleno I bet it would be quite an expensive proposition.

[quote=Jaggu;1034513]And my first hand experience is that its the agents/dealers who always misguide the pricing in the resale market.

Cant agree more sir. I have spoken to atleast 6 different Used car dealers by now for the pricing of this car, but no one gave me a consistant figure. one guy on trivandrum quoted a whopping 4.0L. I will surely give him a call after buying the car for 3.25L .

Will pick up the car tomorrow itself.
Old 30th October 2008, 22:14   #21
Team-BHP Support

All the very best, but do ensure that you have done all the necessary checks ideally through a reputed mech/garage before you put your money down.
Old 30th October 2008, 23:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not assuming. I am pretty sure about what I stated. I have a family in cochin and between all the cars purchased/sold in cochin/bangalore, I am pretty positive that there is a higher premium demanded by cars in Bangalore v/s cars from coastal kerala.
I tend to believe that coastal, mansoon factor and hilly terrain would have negative effect on resale value. But it is possible that prices of new car itself is higher in Karnataka than many other states which would carry on the resale price also.
Old 1st November 2008, 03:48   #23
BHPian

Mods Kindly Edit Title As: Bought A Baleno At Last!!!
Old 1st November 2008, 04:13   #24
BHPian

Bought black Beauty at last

Dear All,

At last I have bought the car. Prior to taking delivery I had the car checked by a Maruti Dealer serivice supervisor. He has estimated about 4k towards periodic maintenance and has also confirmed that the vehicle is accident free.
But the owner had scratched the front bumper somewhere and it would require touch up. I am sure the scratch wasnt there the last time I saw the car.

First day of Baleno Ownership had been exciting though the weather played spoil sport.
Initial Driving experience was quite reassuaring.
Upgrading from a Zen Diesel It was really reassuring that Baleno had so much low end torque It kind of felt diesel Like. It feels very tractable even in fifth gear at low speeds.
I have fallen in love with the seats of the Baleno. My aching back (caused by long drives in the zen) is feeling great already. But the ICE sucks though. Sony Xplod Speakers sounds rough at higher volumes and the Bass is not at all punchy.

I have never been a fan of Appolo but since the 185/65 R14 Acelleres have more than 60% tread so will stick on to them for the time being.

Have taken it for the Periodic Sercvice at the Local Dealer, Popular Vehicles. Estimate given was 5000Rs.

Will post pictures of my Black Beauty later.
Old 1st November 2008, 15:38   #25
BHPian

Congrats Suresh. Its a damn nice car, particularly on long drives...
Old 2nd November 2008, 18:52   #26
BHPian

Black Beauty taken Home for the weekend!

Quote:
Congrats Suresh. Its a damn nice car, particularly on long drives...
Thank You, AK916

Really its a fantastic car to drive. Took it back home for the weekend.
Mom is really in love with the rear seats. Brothers was mighty impressed with the performance and comfort. For me jus looking at her is enough..ALMOST!
I am uploading the first pics! Stunner isnt she? Please post your views!

Is 3.35 Lakh reasonable for 05 Baleno???-dsc01351.jpg

Is 3.35 Lakh reasonable for 05 Baleno???-dsc01353.jpg

Is 3.35 Lakh reasonable for 05 Baleno???-dsc01419.jpg

Is 3.35 Lakh reasonable for 05 Baleno???-dsc01421.jpg

Is 3.35 Lakh reasonable for 05 Baleno???-dsc01424.jpg
Old 2nd November 2008, 23:11   #27
BHPian

Nce Pics. The car looks clean from the pics. Looks like tyres needs to be changed?
Old 2nd November 2008, 23:19   #28
BHPian

Congratulation on the purchase of this car, one of the best drivers car available in India after OHC 1.5 vtec. Personally I am also in love with this car and I also have the same colour 2006 VXi model. So I can say "Welcome to the baleno family"
Old 2nd November 2008, 23:27   #29
Team-BHP Support

The car looks nice and shiny, congrats and welcome to the Baleno Club. As you have mentioned, the fronts seats of the Baleno are awesome for long drives.
Old 3rd November 2008, 00:43   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man, welcome to the Baleno Club. How come others always find a black baleno whereas I couldn't ;-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks