Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2008, 10:46   #16
BHPian

Hi JRD,
Can you tell me the name and contact of the dealer offering you Corolla at 8.5 Lacs. Is it Corolla H1 or H2. Also mention the breakup of price.
VikCho
Old 6th November 2008, 18:14   #17
BHPian

H2 at 8.5 on road,or for that matter even exshowroom is not a steal,its daylight robbery.Go for it.
Old 6th November 2008, 18:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Since (and ONLY since) you have a Corolla already, I will recommend the Fiesta to you. Believe me, it is a heck of a drive and the enthusiasts primary choice from the segment. Your existing Corolla will take care of your head.....but the Fiesta will pull your hearts strings on an outstation drive.
+1 to that - its the right answer and I would go with it too.
Old 7th November 2008, 02:58   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
Hey guys,

So till 2PM i was very clear in my mind about what car i am getting for myself in december. I was fighting between a fiesta and anhc and honda civic. Ya i know what i weird comparo! 8L to 13L. But i had my reasons. I later excluded the civic as i personally feel it is overpriced and i already have a first gen corolla so a D segment car was not needed. Hence after days of research (TBHP nd ACI thanks), I set my mind on the fiesta petrol. It fitted by budget, feels very solid, meets all my requirements and i really like it.
Mainly due to the highlighted part, I would suggest the Fiesta.
If you already have a D segment car, does it make sense to get another one or would a smaller city run about make more sense given the increase in traffic and the current prices of fuel?
Old 7th November 2008, 13:47   #20
evo
BHPian

I personally like the Fiesta more, but I think faced with this offer, the Corolla is a better deal, it has decent amount of power but due to the fantastic Fiesta handling, it looses out, and the Fiesta feels more solid, however this is a car in a higher segment, with much more features etc etc.

Not to mention that we all know who wins a Toyota vs Ford fight!

If you are getting it, please negotiate free extended warranty with the dealer. Also one of the fun things about getting a car thats phased out is that you can negotiate lot of free accessories over and above the discount as the dealer will have stock. So stuff like leather etc can easily be thrown in.

Cheers
Old 10th November 2008, 07:47   #21
JRD
BHPian

@vichko: So the guy finally calls me up after 4 days and informs me that the H2 is 9.4L and J model base is 8.5L. The dealer is infinium toyota ahmedabad. (toyotabharat.com) has all the contact information. Let me know if you cant find it.

@ Steeroid, GTO touring, Lambo , evo & everyone: So after thinking extensively over the weekend and finding a great deal for my sis's wagon r (2.2L 03 vxi) - she 's getting an Aveo Limited Edition. I put a huge boulder on my heart and decided to sell my beloved Esteem :( and get a Fiesta 1.6 Sxi. I can't tell you guys how bad i'm feeling but i think its the right thing to do because the fact is the esteem is 8 years old now and there is atleast about 70k worth of repairs to get her back in perfect condition (Paint, rims, body work, hinges, brakes , linnings, seats etc etc). And even after that she won't be as perfect as i want her to be and in the next 2 years the value of the car will be virtually nothing. So even though i might feel like i am betraying my car its the correct thing to do. I am getting decent money for the car now before 09 kicks in (about 2.25-2.5) and it will help me pay the down payment for the fiesta to make my EMI's and life a whole lot easier.

Coming to the Fiesta 1.6, I drove it on saturday and felt it was the perfect car to replace my beloved esteem. It was the only car that came close to the feeling my esteem still provides when driven hard and to be honest the road dynamics of the fiesta (handling, braking & ride) are far superior to any car under 10L. I also made sure i drove it in bumper to bumper city traffic to confirm weather its not going to torture me like my esteem does. But again the gearing and high torque numbers helped the fiesta be a breeze in traffic. Lastly what mattered was how i felt about the fiesta. During the TD it just felt right and I will happily bid my esteem away for someone else to enjoy the jem I preserved for 8 years.

I filled the tank up this morning and will be driving the esteem as much as I can before she has to go. Will make sure i visit all the places i have spent most of my time with this car. (PS: make those vdi's, Rs's, optra's and palios give a run for their money ) Will post a last set of pictures before she bids farewell to our family.

Thanks guys for all your opinions in deciding between the fiesta and corolla. I am sure the fiesta will provide a great experience over the period of next 5 years.
Old 10th November 2008, 08:05   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

@JRD - congrats on the fiesta.
She is an amazing car and I am sure you will love her.
Here's a question, why the SXi and not the S?
Old 10th November 2008, 08:36   #23
BHPian

JRD, your post speaks for itself. And the passions involved in letting something go and getting something now.

Congrats! BTW, I think I had given you advance congrats in the thread ANHC vs Fiesta S. All the best for your new drives.
Old 10th November 2008, 08:42   #24
Team-BHP Support

JRD, it is good your dilemma got solved. It is good to have some variety while owning multiple cars.

BTW, I was under the impression that Accord, Laura, etc are considered D segment in India. But I see most here are thinking Civic & Corolla as D segment, which I thought was C+ segment. Accord is E segment then?
Old 10th November 2008, 08:55   #25
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@JRD - congrats on the fiesta.
She is an amazing car and I am sure you will love her.
Here's a question, why the SXi and not the S?
One reason only! the interiors. I felt the sxi's interiors are much more plush then the S interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
JRD, your post speaks for itself. And the passions involved in letting something go and getting something now.

Congrats! BTW, I think I had given you advance congrats in the thread ANHC vs Fiesta S. All the best for your new drives.
thanks again. I think you know how im feeling on letting my esteem go. But it has to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
JRD, it is good your dilemma got solved. It is good to have some variety while owning multiple cars.

BTW, I was under the impression that Accord, Laura, etc are considered D segment in India. But I see most here are thinking Civic & Corolla as D segment, which I thought was C+ segment. Accord is E segment then?
i myself am a little iffy about these segment alphabets. If i am not wrong the fiesta is a C+ segment and corolla is a D segment and the accord is D+ segment i think.

Anyways thanks. ya its going to be a variety of brands in family now. And NO Marutis! How did that happen.
Old 10th November 2008, 10:23   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
i myself am a little iffy about these segment alphabets. If i am not wrong the fiesta is a C+ segment and corolla is a D segment and the accord is D+ segment i think.
Ha! Ha! This is what I call the “Great Indian Segment Confusion”!! All I can be sure of is Civic is one segment above City and one below the Accord.
Old 10th November 2008, 10:29   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

@Samurai -
I think if one goes according to the size, the small cars, except 800 would be B segment (B+ is just for larger hatchbacks), C segment for Logan/Ikon/Fiesta/Verna/City etc. (The size of most of these cars are similar. Engine and features differentiate it here), and the Corolla/Civic/Camry/Laura would be D segment.
I don't know where the Accord/BMWs would fit in as the new accord is bigger than the outgoing one and falls into a new category in itself. Still could be the D segment or something.
However, we refer to it as D segment because of its price. However, the old Accord was in the D segment.
The 3 series and C class would also fall under D segment.
That is what my parent's friend explained to me once.

@JRD: Congrats, I am guessing the leather surfaces and color did it. It really looks luxurious, but the S has looks to die for. It would've been a tough decision had it been me, but right now I am content with our ZXi TDCi. Have you driven the S variant though? It should be much more fun to drive due to the bigger tyres, or do you have something in mind for the SXi?

Last edited by lamborghini : 10th November 2008 at 10:31.
Old 10th November 2008, 11:01   #28
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post

@JRD: Congrats, I am guessing the leather surfaces and color did it. It really looks luxurious, but the S has looks to die for. It would've been a tough decision had it been me, but right now I am content with our ZXi TDCi. Have you driven the S variant though? It should be much more fun to drive due to the bigger tyres, or do you have something in mind for the SXi?
Well I drove both the S and Sxi and felt the stiffer setup was not that big of a leap from the sxi. So i wanted to take the advantage of the plush sxi interiors. Also the S doesnt have the body side moulding with chrome insert which i find very useful while opening doors. Also the spoiler was not to my best liking and the kit can be easily sourced from the dealer. So i choose the fiesta sxi and will be installing 195/55/R15 rims and tyres the day it comes and will get the kit without the spoiler later when i save for it.
JRD is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks