Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2008, 02:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Any Scorpio AT First Hand owners report ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Scorpio is in a totally different league altogether. I have not seen any yet. In fact I went to the dealer here a few weeks back with a friend of mine and he was not all praises about it ( the dealer was not keen !! ). He says best is to go for the normal Scorpio Hawk or whatever the new thing is called.

I would say go for the ANHC.
Forget about the Scorpio. I recently TD'ed one & was very, very disappointed. The integration of the auto box with the engine is very poor & leaves a lot to be desired. In low-speed, heavy traffic conditions the gearbox is absolutely confused and hunts around for seconds to find the right gear which as a result turns the experience of driving into a frustrating one.

Last week I also commented about the same to a senior gentlemen in Mahindra & he replied that they were aware of the problem & were working on it.
Old 26th November 2008, 14:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Forget about the Scorpio. I recently TD'ed one & was very, very disappointed. The integration of the auto box with the engine is very poor & leaves a lot to be desired. In low-speed, heavy traffic conditions the gearbox is absolutely confused and hunts around for seconds to find the right gear which as a result turns the experience of driving into a frustrating one.

Last week I also commented about the same to a senior gentlemen in Mahindra & he replied that they were aware of the problem & were working on it.
Hmm, thats interesting inputs... Have been looking for AT Scorpio for TD for a long time now...dealer doesnt have it yet...the other dealer at Mathura road has got one piece, need to figure out time to go for TD...

If any one of you guys know someone selling his corolla AT (H4 Preferably) then pls do PM me.
Old 26th November 2008, 16:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If any one of you guys know someone selling his corolla AT (H4 Preferably) then pls do PM me.
Your location says Mumbai. Check the Friday newspaper "ZigWheels" which comes with the TOI on Fridays. Has lots of Corolla A/T's.
Old 26th November 2008, 17:34   #19
BHPian

I would recommend ANHC strongly. As a second choice, I recommend Corolla AT.
Scorpio is not a reliable option.
Old 27th November 2008, 10:29   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty2008 View Post
I would recommend ANHC strongly. As a second choice, I recommend Corolla AT.
Scorpio is not a reliable option.
Yes I second this opinion.
The new city is leaps and bounds ahead of its predecessor, both looks wise and performance wise as well. Some thread on teambhp mentions that honda will be increasing prices in jan. So if your going for it then now would be the time. Plus since its a new release I'm sure you can push for some freebies cheers:

I'm not a great fan of the scorpio. Its a gorgeous car and I've seen some guys go rampaging down the road with the new m-hawk versions, but I just think its far too big for indian roads.
The corolla too is a very big car in terms of length. But it has the toyota brand name. Not too sure about maintenance costs for a toyota. You should check out some threads on this.
Taking cost into account, the new city is priced around 8 or 9 I believe. The corolla would cost u around 3 or 4 lakhs more then that (if i'm right??).
So look at what you get in both cars, and judge if what you have in the corolla is already there in the city for a much lower price. I guess brand name is the only factor here, and honda is no less then toyota.
Old 27th November 2008, 15:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
The corolla too is a very big car in terms of length. But it has the toyota brand name. Not too sure about maintenance costs for a toyota. You should check out some threads on this.
Taking cost into account, the new city is priced around 8 or 9 I believe. The corolla would cost u around 3 or 4 lakhs more then that (if i'm right??).
So look at what you get in both cars, and judge if what you have in the corolla is already there in the city for a much lower price. I guess brand name is the only factor here, and honda is no less then toyota.
Do you reply to posts or thread titles? The Corolla is under consideration as a used car and not as a new car. A used Corolla will easily fall within 5-7 lacs which makes it a fantastic option. Toyota maintenance and spares are not a worry at all, something most will stand testimony to.
Old 2nd December 2008, 17:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Do you reply to posts or thread titles? The Corolla is under consideration as a used car and not as a new car. A used Corolla will easily fall within 5-7 lacs which makes it a fantastic option. Toyota maintenance and spares are not a worry at all, something most will stand testimony to.
Guys, Thanks for all your valuable comments.I agree by the comments of some of the fellow bhpians here to stay away from Scorpio Auto.

Will look for for Second Hand Corolla AT now..Cant wait to finalise and have the car in my hand.
Old 9th December 2008, 13:42   #23
BHPian

I have done 120K plus on my corolla automatic in 3.5 years... it still runs like new. Nothing to beat corolla. I doubt if City body can hold on to 120K. It returns a decent FE on highway and city, 10+ always.

The only issue is changing of the brake pads every 13-15K kms. but then the vehicle's comfort is too good, better than civic. And yes it does not scrapes the speed breakers like civic!
Old 12th December 2008, 18:09   #24
BHPian

The new City AT is a junior Civic. You can't go wrong with it any which way. It is refreshingly beautiful, has a fabulous engine and will hold on to its value for a long time to come. For sure, the Scorpio Auto should be avoided because of its jerky autobox and its nasty pitching and rolling habits.

As regards the earlier Toyota Corolla auto, it is a fine car, no doubt. But most autos tend to get thirstier with age if not maintained well. Besides, for most people owning auto'box cars are not concerned about fuel consumption mainly due to their limited commute. So I feel it might be tricky to find a decently maintained automatic Corolla. Another minus is that it is prone to rattles and squeaks and has just a reasonably okay suspension.
Old 13th December 2008, 09:48   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE HER(ALD)! View Post
Besides, for most people owning auto'box cars are not concerned about fuel consumption mainly due to their limited commute.
In fact it could be the opposite. Because of the pain and fatigue of commuting 70 km every day, I bought a Corolla AT. Regarding FE, auto boxes (at least for Corolla) are not fuel inefficient. I have so far achieved 10.8 kmpl over 33000 km.
Old 13th December 2008, 11:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, Thanks for all your valuable comments.I agree by the comments of some of the fellow bhpians here to stay away from Scorpio Auto.
Did you come to that conclusion based solely on comments here or after TD'ing the vehicle yourself ?
Old 15th December 2008, 11:04   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Did you come to that conclusion based solely on comments here or after TD'ing the vehicle yourself ?
Will do the TD for Scorpio soon...however looking at the roads in my area, I am still in a mood to relook at scorpio..

Dont want to take chances with toyota corolla suspension...not sure how long will it last in my area...

Also, the benefit of Diesel V/S Petrol...
Old 17th December 2008, 03:34   #28
Senior - BHPian

hmm this is kinda a noob question.. is the altis available in black.. the official toyota website does not have details about it and im not able to recollect if i have seen a black altis also if its available in super white(not off white) like the one on the camry
Old 17th December 2008, 23:18   #29
BHPian

Car Confusion

Hi guys,

Its time for our good old zen to retire. Hence looking for a decent comfortable car. The car would be used predominantly by dad(with driver), with me some times. The need for a good looking car with good leg room (Both me and dad are 6' tall) in both back and front seats. It really doesn't need to be super quick, but needs to be classy. We are on the look out for a mid size petrol since running is about 1-1.5 K a month.

I am not looking to spend more than 8.5 L on the new car with the trade of course.

I have spent the last month going through the entire posts...can't seem to make up my mind..Ford, Chevy. Honda..

We are looking to keep it atleast for 3 years.

can you recommend something??

Viana
Old 18th December 2008, 00:04   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will do the TD for Scorpio soon...however looking at the roads in my area, I am still in a mood to relook at scorpio..
Good idea, you might not find problems with Scorpio AT as your driving style might be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viana View Post
Hi guys,

Its time for our good old zen to retire. Hence looking for a decent comfortable car. The car would be used predominantly by dad(with driver), with me some times. The need for a good looking car with good leg room (Both me and dad are 6' tall) in both back and front seats. It really doesn't need to be super quick, but needs to be classy. We are on the look out for a mid size petrol since running is about 1-1.5 K a month.

I am not looking to spend more than 8.5 L on the new car with the trade of course.

I have spent the last month going through the entire posts...can't seem to make up my mind..Ford, Chevy. Honda..

We are looking to keep it atleast for 3 years.

can you recommend something??
This warrants a separate thread. Have you test driven SX4, Optra, ANHC, and Verna ? If not, it would be good to do that. As the cliche goes, beauty is in the eyes of beholder, I don't find any car in that segment to be classy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks