Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2005, 12:19   #1
bhp
BHPian

indigo marina

guys my dad has shortlisted the indigo marina lx (diesel) for himself .
he liked the car because it is quite spacious and has quite luxurious interiors in its class and price ..
the price of the car is 5,91,208 rs on road mumbai (euro 3)
dealer discount is offered only 5k by just one dealer (han motors) and he has that old stock color which my dad likes (glacier blue) which no other dealer has stock .
extended warranty for 18 months is rs 2900 . (worth the money isnt it)
i have enquired about the pricing with 3 different dealers and all of them have different pricing which has a difference of about 1-2k from dealer to dealer but they are all authorized dealers of tata. (but how is it just possible)

they have euro 3 cars but i had heard from someone in the forum that the new indigo is coming with a new engine with intercooler but the dealers said that they dont have any news regarding the same (can anybody please confirm) as soon as possible

Last edited by bhp : 4th April 2005 at 12:25.
Old 4th April 2005, 14:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

bhp pal

just check with Han Motors coz i have heard they have a notorious reputation. infact my uncle's friend took a safari from there ...and there were lots of problem ( niggling ones ) that dint leave a good tatse in the mouth !

cheers
Old 4th April 2005, 16:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yup as NC suggested...stay away from WASAN, HAN. Its better to get the car from FORTUNE!
Old 4th April 2005, 17:10   #4
bhp
BHPian

alright guys i will try and get the car from fortune then . thx for the info
Old 4th April 2005, 18:06   #5
BHPian

I've also heard Tatas are launching the Indigo's with an Intercooler TDI engine. You can probably look it up at indiacar.net or economictimes.com
Old 4th April 2005, 18:35   #6
Team-BHP Support

dude weren't you going to buy the scorpio crde ?

manson .
Old 4th April 2005, 18:36   #7
Team-BHP Support

i would like to know more about the new engine , so keep us updated on that .

manson .

Last edited by manson : 4th April 2005 at 18:38.
Old 4th April 2005, 18:46   #8
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
dude weren't you going to buy the scorpio crde ?

manson .
yeah right i am still planning and my dad is planning to get an marina for himself as he has sold his wagonR and i will surely keep u updated with the new engine which comes with intercooler but no other dealer other than han motors (bandra) has said that they are launching new engine and they have said that they will get the price list in a day or two
Old 4th April 2005, 19:49   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp
guys my dad has shortlisted the indigo marina lx (diesel) for himself .
he liked the car because it is quite spacious and has quite luxurious interiors in its class and price ..
the price of the car is 5,91,208 rs on road mumbai (euro 3)
dealer discount is offered only 5k by just one dealer (han motors) and he has that old stock color which my dad likes (glacier blue) which no other dealer has stock .
extended warranty for 18 months is rs 2900 . (worth the money isnt it)
i have enquired about the pricing with 3 different dealers and all of them have different pricing which has a difference of about 1-2k from dealer to dealer but they are all authorized dealers of tata. (but how is it just possible)

they have euro 3 cars but i had heard from someone in the forum that the new indigo is coming with a new engine with intercooler but the dealers said that they dont have any news regarding the same (can anybody please confirm) as soon as possible
stupid question but is euro 3 and crdi the same thing with diesels right ? so technically u should have crdi. i might be wrong here but the impression i have right now is since april 1 all cars diesels are crdi.
Old 4th April 2005, 19:51   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp
yeah right i am still planning and my dad is planning to get an marina for himself as he has sold his wagonR and i will surely keep u updated with the new engine which comes with intercooler but no other dealer other than han motors (bandra) has said that they are launching new engine and they have said that they will get the price list in a day or two
cdre from scorpio will only be in the SLX model
Old 4th April 2005, 20:00   #11
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal
stupid question but is euro 3 and crdi the same thing with diesels right ? so technically u should have crdi. i might be wrong here but the impression i have right now is since april 1 all cars diesels are crdi.
no it is not that dude . every euro 3 car doesnt has to be crdi . marina also has a euro 3 version at the moment with the old engine the only change it has is with the catalyic converter thats it . the new heart that the indigo is getting is not crdi but an additional of intercooler which would belt out some extra power etc etc .
Old 4th April 2005, 20:01   #12
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal
cdre from scorpio will only be in the SLX model

i know about it and have also test driven the car
Old 4th April 2005, 21:46   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp
no it is not that dude . every euro 3 car doesnt has to be crdi . marina also has a euro 3 version at the moment with the old engine the only change it has is with the catalyic converter thats it . the new heart that the indigo is getting is not crdi but an additional of intercooler which would belt out some extra power etc etc .
alright thanks for that i dint know that bit. i thought crdi for diesel was compoulsary.
Old 4th April 2005, 22:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

Talking about Indigo Marina, its a fantastic vehicle beleive me. Doesnt sound like a diesel engine with all windows up. Has good ride quality and a very silent cabin.
Acceleration is good enough for city driving.
Old 5th April 2005, 00:12   #15
Team-BHP Support

That is some great news bhp , having 2 new cras entering your garage at almost the same time !

a little off topic though but are you replacing your ikon 1.6 with with scorpio ?

manson .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks