Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2008, 19:21   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
MJD A** has to be better compared to Ford IKON TDCi since MJD has been in market for more than a year. It's an established product with quite a few numbers on the road already, hence obviously, Fiat A** are expected to have much better knowledge about servicing MJD, than their Ford counterparts.
I wouldnt buy that point. The TDCi engine is the same which has been an amazing product serving the Fiesta as well as the Fusion D. I'm sure their knowledge would be competent enough; if not better.
Old 8th December 2008, 20:17   #32
BHPian

Phamilyman, even i am not too sure of the A star's FE but it is claimed to be 19.6 and the car that i test drove had a sticker with ARAI approved 19.6 kmpl. I really dont know how much truth is in that.

Regarding the delivery A-Star Vxi White and Fiat SDE Black (due to non availibility of SDX in black) are promised for ready delivery by both dealers.
I would have gone for an ikon but the delivery is end of Jan and i cannot wait that long. More over the space is not at par with the palio. It seems as i am sitting in a zen.
Fiat person told that i'll be getting additional discount which is applicable from today with a free music system and Rs.4000 free acc. So It seems that i'll be picking up the Multijet at this point.
Will update all you guys.

Last edited by streetlife : 8th December 2008 at 20:18. Reason: typo
Old 8th December 2008, 20:52   #33
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Nonsense man. What!!

Let me lay it out nicely for you:
a. The A Star is a PUNIER cousin of the swift. Its a 1L engine for the love of God, and is trumped all around by the i10 1.2 except FE. It doesnt come half as much fun as MJD
----

i. If you are within 15-20km(or a good road) to Samyak, patparganj, then you have a lovely As.S - Maruti Apra is good(really nice mgmt), but like (in)Competent is nowhere near high on customer service parameters.

PS: If you have Cash, you can sometimes push your way - dealers do manage. Dekh lo.

MJD SDX is what I'd say. There's many on the roads now too.

Phamilyman has laid down very nicely for you.

From MJD/Ikon, you have dropped down to A-Star just because of FE?

I mean you were considering better built, spacious, and comfy cars which are in every way better than A-Star. My Mom has an Alto. Whenever she rides in my 1.6, she despises going back to Alto and she cannot believe Palio is such a nice car albeit people have different views about it.

Drop the A-star from the list. Both MJD and Ikon are good cars. If I were you, it would be the Ikon just because of it's peppiness and the control the driver has over the car. You will anyway enjoy the ride/handling in your old Palio.
Old 8th December 2008, 22:45   #34
Senior - BHPian

Yaar,

us 19.6kpl claim waale 1 inch sticker ke saath mein 1 page of 10font conditions bhi honge. Trust me.

I have an auto journo friend who got 45.x kmpl from Alto in a mileage run. It shames even my P180. So will you also buy an Alto and drive it like him?

And NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
please take SDX, for the life of me. Call architect now or speak to me on why SDX

That said, I know the North sales manager Tata Fiat. Ask wanderernomad - we can arrange a SDX black for you within a short interval. PM dekho ji.

That said, DO consider going to Ford dealers, saying you have cash READY, and are otherwise going to buy a MJD. Drop a mail to their India contact, any officers, and speak to the dealership GMs. Trust me, they will NOT let go of a single customer in today's day and age. You just need to get beyond the useless front desk idiots.

Last edited by phamilyman : 8th December 2008 at 22:48.
Old 9th December 2008, 12:51   #35
BHPian

I'd second what most people say - I was also curious about A-Star myself. But it is really cheap in terms of looks and interiors. And boot is very, very small. Honda Activa scooter may have larger under-seat capacity!

I have driven SDX and loved it, Ford TDCi should be good as well; but one is not so certain about Ford's after sales service. If you can, wait till i20 arrives. IMHO, Hyundai i20 should be the best premium segment hatchback.
Old 9th December 2008, 15:20   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
If you can, wait till i20 arrives.
streetlife was very certain he couldnt afford to wait. He needs the car this month, so waiting for a new release which may/may not release on time would be an option he couldnt really afford.
Old 9th December 2008, 20:33   #37
BHPian

Hi

Its decided. It would be the Fiat Palio Multijet SDX. i'll be going to the dealership tommorow to book. I'll be updating everything.
Old 9th December 2008, 23:33   #38
BHPian

The Palio and Ikon are a class apart!!

Palio v/s Ikon

Exteriors: Ikon
Handling: Ikon (amazing chassis)
Straight-line Performance: Ikon (without a doubt)
Boot space :
Interiors: almost the same, although the Palio is a wee bit nicer
Price: Palio

ultimately, if money is not a constraint, the Ikon makes sense, unless you want a small car with which you can run about in the city with ease and squeeze into minute parking spaces without much hassle...

Swift VDi, anyone??
Old 10th December 2008, 14:54   #39
BHPian

Right decision...

[quote=streetlife;1085903]Its decided. It would be the Fiat Palio Multijet SDX. quote]

Hi !

You have made a practically correct choice, even i had the option of choosing between the two.

I got my SDX delivered on 19th November from SANYA motors, New Delhi. For the first 1600kms my SDX is returining me an 20+ km/l FE ( 60% expressway, 40% city ), along with solidity on the road, if you trust me it make peoples head turn, a rare combination of scenarios. I have a Black colour SDX.

You should not worry about the a**, I am done with my SDXs first service, got it done from Elegant Cars, Patparganj. Was really impressed with the knowledge they had, these guys are like the most trusted and equipped to service an PALIO, in NCR.

I went all the way to Patparganj from Kalkaji ( where i stay ) to get the service done, and it was really worth.

So no matter where you stay in NCR, for a good service you will have to visit Elegant cars.
Old 10th December 2008, 15:25   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetlife View Post
Hi

Its decided. It would be the Fiat Palio Multijet SDX. i'll be going to the dealership tommorow to book. I'll be updating everything.
Congrats on your choice!

I'm sure Phamilyman would now be like after hearing this

Cheers~
Old 10th December 2008, 17:31   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Congrats on your choice!

I'm sure Phamilyman would now be like after hearing this

Cheers~
And Streetlife can thank yours truly for a 25 minute gyaan on phone on why SDX and why magnesium grey!.

Enjoy the Multijet Experience!
Old 10th December 2008, 17:41   #42
Senior - BHPian

Its raining Palios at Team BHP cheers:
great choice
Old 10th December 2008, 18:39   #43
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!

A bit surprised since you are buying another Palio but can't blame you. Being a Palio owner myself, I understand the senti-feeling you develop towards the car.

Pics please!
Old 10th December 2008, 20:58   #44
Senior - BHPian

Good Decision. What colour? Do wait till FIAT announces the new rates after the 4%cut.
Old 10th December 2008, 23:19   #45
BHPian

Hi all.

I'll be getting the car tommorrow.
Its an SDX magnesium Grey. Thanks a ton Phamilyman and architect for the added gyan for SDX and colors.

I am getting it after the price drop and discount which makes it at Rs. 512000 on road Delhi which i think is VFM with some free accessories.

I'll be posting more once i get the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks