Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2008, 15:38   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
I thought only Laura DSG's had reliability issues!!!.
Among other things.

There were a couple threads on the forum about Laura turbos being blown. This reflects in the T-BHP test drives section with it having an Average rating for reliability.
Old 21st December 2008, 15:54   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Take Laura Ambientee. Its quiet nice and in your budget as well. You wont regret buying it.
Jetta has been experiencing some technical probs and you will find the threads on the forum itself so i will suggest stay clear of it as of now.
Could you please point towards the thread that says Jetta has problems? AFAIK there is a thread on the VW Passat having problems and not the Jetta.

Jetta uses the same engine, gearbox, suspension, chasis as the Laura. There should be no difference between the 2.
Old 23rd December 2008, 13:55   #33
VMG
BHPian

Laura is the best choice.

since you are Mitsu fan, how about the cedia sports it is really VFM and it rocks! from the interest of the balance money(out of 15L) you can very well maintain it.
Old 23rd December 2008, 17:14   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku View Post
just ask the dealer what all i get in 3 years maintaince plan he was like what all is needed in service like engine oil,oil fillter,air fillter,,,cleaning and all stuff thats alll for 40000 he was giving me i even ask what if my clucth plate is gone or any problem happen to car he was like sir you have to pay for that still very much confuse 40 grand just for all that is it worte
that sounds like a typical "* conditions apply" scenario...better go thru the fine print before putting your money on it.

Since Laura does not have 100% positive feedback, why dont you go for a TDI Octavia and Pete it? will be much below 15L with a money to spare too!
Old 24th December 2008, 16:18   #35
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Could you please point towards the thread that says Jetta has problems? AFAIK there is a thread on the VW Passat having problems and not the Jetta.
Considering that the Jetta uses the same engine, gearbox (DSG) and electricals as the Laura, I am willing to put my money on its lack of reliability. Some Lauras are especially troublesome to own. Strange, since the Octy diesel is such a long-termer. I guess its all about simplicity in construction, wot?
Old 17th January 2009, 12:19   #36
BANNED

cancel everything and got skoda vrs

after along wait i myself got an skoda vrs in very mint condition just 40 km done will upload the pictures as soon as possible
Old 18th January 2009, 15:52   #37

Does Jetta 1.9L TDI Trendline have ASR feature?

Hello,

This is a first-time post. I have shortlisted the Jetta 1.9L TDI Trendline for purchase, but there is a confusion in my mind regarding the safety feature called Traction Control System / Anti-Skid Feature (ASR).

In the VW brochure as well as on its website (there is a PDF document) they say that the extra Satfety features in the Comfortline DSG include ASR and ESP (Electronic Stabilisation Programme).

This would imply that the Trendline models (1.6L Petrol and 1.9L TDI Diesel) have neither.

However, the showroom people assure me that the 1.9L TDI Trendline does have ASR, although it does not have ESP.

I have 2 questions regarding which I seek your help:-
1. Does the Jetta 1.9L TDI Trendline have ASR, or not?
2. For safety while driving on slippery/wet/icy surfaces, is ASR (coupled with the standard ABS) good enough? What additional safety is provided by ESP?

Thanks and regards,
grg_gre
Old 18th January 2009, 18:56   #38
Team-BHP Support

Nope AFAIK the trendline does not have ESP or ASR. The showroom guys are confused with ABS which also prevents skidding since they prevent the tyres from locking up.

ASR along with ESP will help if you drive on the limit. Say you approach a corner way too fast and the car is about to spin. ASR/ESP will apply braking power to individual wheel to prevent the car from spinning.

It's a nice feature to have but not one you can't do without. The ABS is more important.

The trendline is a nice model as pricing is good along with manual transmission and decent features. Congrats in advance.
Old 19th January 2009, 18:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

i finally checked out the Jetta at the auto show in chennai, and it was quite blown away. to think that the skoda comes from the same family!

@ anku - congrats on the mint condition RS.
Old 19th January 2009, 19:46   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grg_gre View Post
Hello,

This is a first-time post. I have shortlisted the Jetta 1.9L TDI Trendline for purchase, but there is a confusion in my mind regarding the safety feature called Traction Control System / Anti-Skid Feature (ASR).

In the VW brochure as well as on its website (there is a PDF document) they say that the extra Satfety features in the Comfortline DSG include ASR and ESP (Electronic Stabilisation Programme).

This would imply that the Trendline models (1.6L Petrol and 1.9L TDI Diesel) have neither.

However, the showroom people assure me that the 1.9L TDI Trendline does have ASR, although it does not have ESP.

I have 2 questions regarding which I seek your help:-
1. Does the Jetta 1.9L TDI Trendline have ASR, or not?
2. For safety while driving on slippery/wet/icy surfaces, is ASR (coupled with the standard ABS) good enough? What additional safety is provided by ESP?

Thanks and regards,
grg_gre
To the best of my knowledge the trendline does not have ASR. If the dealer claims it does have then take an invoice of the car and have him endorse that ASR is part of the vehicle, which if he does, then he seems to know what he is taling about.

All the best for your ride. Please do post a review after buying the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks