Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2009, 13:42   #31
BHPian

Ajmat, way to go man. I would have loved to see the dealers face when you connected the cable to the beast !

Keep us posted about the new deal.

Love to hear from you
Old 12th January 2009, 14:09   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car'zy View Post
I guess I have seen the aforementioned car - is it the 'Zero car' which was with Lathangi before and more recently Southern/HM was trying to sell off? I think you did a good thing by passing it, I had met someone who knows quite a bit about the car and he had suggested against it.
Hey, why don't you post the "bit more " about the car in here. Might help future buyers also.
Old 12th January 2009, 14:20   #33
BHPian

Well, he was someone unconnected with HM and had seen this particular car in the race track a few times. He 'claimed' he was a friend of the Mathias guy and mentioned a particular incident where something blew off in the car and he helped to fix it. - I dont remember exactly as it was sometime back.

Even otherwise, when I inspected the car, it was in bad shape, had done less than 6000Kms, looked like nobodys ventured close to it for months together, had a broken ORVM as well. Also, the original seats were replaced by biegish fabric ones.

And, now that the car isnt for sale anymore, it doesnt matter I guess!

Last edited by car'zy : 12th January 2009 at 14:25.
Old 12th January 2009, 15:15   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Ajmat, way to go man. I would have loved to see the dealers face when you connected the cable to the beast !

Keep us posted about the new deal.

Love to hear from you
Just to clear things!!
Ajmat was helping me in inspecting the car.

I am looking for the car. As Ajmat has a Black vRS already!
Old 12th January 2009, 15:18   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
I am looking for the car. As Ajmat has a Black vRS already!

My mistake in typo. Accepted it.

Do keep us posted with your adventures about your new buy
Old 19th January 2009, 11:14   #36
BHPian

Now a yellow LEMOM

I got a tip that a yellow color Skoda vRS is available for sale.

Year of registration = March 2005
State of registration = Karnataka, Bangalore
Price quoted = 5.25 (Negotiable)

More details on the car are available at this site
USED CARS KERALA,cartrade.co.in online showroom 4 used cars

Before you rush to buy. Read through rest of the story.

Reg number - KA 04 MB 7557

The story:
I call the number listed in the site. Express my interest for the same.
The price listed is 5.25 lacs and he is willing to give it for 5.0 lacs.
Sounds amazing.

The car is in Calicut. I ask the RC and insurance papers to be mailed to me so that I can look and take it further.

But it's refused right away as he is not willing to give the papers to a stranger.

On 16th Jan 2009, I take a bus from Bangalore to Calicut
I stay in an exteremly cheap hotel (Wondering why am I going through this ordeal)

I then meet Biju (the person listed in the site)
Biju:
A very decent person, in this business for 8 years.
This is his first experience with a Skoda vRS so I will definitely forgive his part on this story. Dont hold him accountable!!!

I take a bus from Calicut to a small village 40 KMS away towards Guruvayur.
After an hour of travel, I see the yellow vRS in flesh.

The car looks neat from the outside.
- Crack on the left headlight
- small paint job on the hood
- minor scratches

Pop the hood
- A running crack on the left side of the crack (Suspicion starts)

Interior
- Looks very old
- Leathers are in a sad state
- The dash is painted
- Steering has it's airbag setting off

Not a great feel. But having travelled so much and a 5.25 price tag at the back of my mind I play along.

The drive
- No power
- No turbo whistle
I have driven Siddartha's vRS and test drove 3 more, when I compare them..its nothing
- The brakes have no feel ..forget the ABS
- The steering wheel is totally off, No alignment (I see a sticker on the car stating that wheel alignment done on 19th Sep 2008) and it way off... so my suspicion starts to grow

I was extremely disappointed.

Playing along
I just did NOT get the feel to go for the car, the lucurative price tag kept me going
I called up Siddartha and got his thoughts, he asked me to hold on and did his helpful bid to check with the RTO. (Thanks dude for being there )

I get the xerox of the RC and a policy paper of the insurance.
And head back to Calicut. This time the journey felt toooo long as the excitment of the vRS had totally died out.

Since I missed the early bus to Mysore, I had to spend the entire night in the cheap hotel and catch the night Volvo to return home.

Climax
I returned home on Sunday morning, started to work on the research
Found the phone number of the owner, contacted him

The car was sold on the early part of 2007 to Reliance Insurance with a total loss claim.
Owner's recommendation was not to take the car even if it was given for FREE

Reason, I put this post is there are many vRS buyers who out of desperation could make a wrong move.

If this is the car you come across, please walk away.

Last edited by raajks : 19th January 2009 at 11:16.
Old 19th January 2009, 17:32   #37
Senior - BHPian

wow- this is more dectective novel than a car search.

why is getting an RS so difficult? is it because the owners dont want to sell or is it because there arnt so many in the market?
Old 19th January 2009, 17:38   #38
Team-BHP Support

You forgot the power of T-bhp = you should have asked a member in Calicut or the area to give it a lookover instead of wasting a journey
Old 20th January 2009, 11:31   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
You forgot the power of T-bhp = you should have asked a member in Calicut or the area to give it a lookover instead of wasting a journey
I checked the Kerala meet thread for the T-BHP resources...but could nt find any from Calicut.
Old 20th January 2009, 11:32   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
wow- this is more dectective novel than a car search.

why is getting an RS so difficult? is it because the owners dont want to sell or is it because there arnt so many in the market?
I guess its both.
After going through all these events. And quite a few threads on vRS in T-BHP i guess a good Baleno or a Lancer makes more sense.
Old 20th January 2009, 11:43   #41
Senior - BHPian

Buy a Cedia and mod it mate if you are so keen about power. Makes no sense to go on a wild goose chase like this. If you keep it stock, you'll have a way more reliable car than a vRS which doesn't cost an arm and leg to maintain. Mine has done 21000km in a year and 7 months. All I've spent on her is regular maintenance. Nothing has gone wrong so far other than an odd rattle *touchwood*.
Old 20th January 2009, 12:08   #42
BHPian

hey man why not try out the optra magnum diesel its got everything u want-power,comfort,luxury,economy of diesel plus i am sure u can get a nice discount now
Old 20th January 2009, 14:44   #43
BHPian

Aren't you forgetting the poor man's fast car? the elantra crdi?
Old 20th January 2009, 15:16   #44
BANNED

Ahem, it is the poor man's faster car
Old 26th January 2009, 22:24   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
I got a tip that a yellow color Skoda vRS is available for sale.

Year of registration = March 2005
State of registration = Karnataka, Bangalore
Price quoted = 5.25 (Negotiable)

More details on the car are available at this site
USED CARS KERALA,cartrade.co.in online showroom 4 used cars

Before you rush to buy. Read through rest of the story.

Reg number - KA 04 MB 7557

The story:
I call the number listed in the site. Express my interest for the same.
The price listed is 5.25 lacs and he is willing to give it for 5.0 lacs.
Sounds amazing.

The car is in Calicut. I ask the RC and insurance papers to be mailed to me so that I can look and take it further.

But it's refused right away as he is not willing to give the papers to a stranger.

On 16th Jan 2009, I take a bus from Bangalore to Calicut
I stay in an exteremly cheap hotel (Wondering why am I going through this ordeal)

I then meet Biju (the person listed in the site)
Biju:
A very decent person, in this business for 8 years.
This is his first experience with a Skoda vRS so I will definitely forgive his part on this story. Dont hold him accountable!!!

I take a bus from Calicut to a small village 40 KMS away towards Guruvayur.
After an hour of travel, I see the yellow vRS in flesh.

The car looks neat from the outside.
- Crack on the left headlight
- small paint job on the hood
- minor scratches

Pop the hood
- A running crack on the left side of the crack (Suspicion starts)

Interior
- Looks very old
- Leathers are in a sad state
- The dash is painted
- Steering has it's airbag setting off

Not a great feel. But having travelled so much and a 5.25 price tag at the back of my mind I play along.

The drive
- No power
- No turbo whistle
I have driven Siddartha's vRS and test drove 3 more, when I compare them..its nothing
- The brakes have no feel ..forget the ABS
- The steering wheel is totally off, No alignment (I see a sticker on the car stating that wheel alignment done on 19th Sep 2008) and it way off... so my suspicion starts to grow

I was extremely disappointed.

Playing along
I just did NOT get the feel to go for the car, the lucurative price tag kept me going
I called up Siddartha and got his thoughts, he asked me to hold on and did his helpful bid to check with the RTO. (Thanks dude for being there )

I get the xerox of the RC and a policy paper of the insurance.
And head back to Calicut. This time the journey felt toooo long as the excitment of the vRS had totally died out.

Since I missed the early bus to Mysore, I had to spend the entire night in the cheap hotel and catch the night Volvo to return home.

Climax
I returned home on Sunday morning, started to work on the research
Found the phone number of the owner, contacted him

The car was sold on the early part of 2007 to Reliance Insurance with a total loss claim.
Owner's recommendation was not to take the car even if it was given for FREE

Reason, I put this post is there are many vRS buyers who out of desperation could make a wrong move.

If this is the car you come across, please walk away.

I think everything happens for the good.I stay in Cochin and this very same car came across me as i was very desperate to get a vRS for myself like you.At that time a guy named abhilash was doing up the deal for me.He initially said to me that the car was accidental(not total loss) and is for 5.25 lakhs not negotiable .And it was brought to Cochin for some repair works and he himself was a worker in Marikar(authorized skoda workshop here at Cochin kerala) and knows all about the car.I still had a doubt since it being from Bangalore could have done up a major crash.I checked it up with one of my friends workshop.

Here are the lists of damages that were found

1)Front windscreen glass replaced
2)cracked up the rain sensor
3)all the plastics over the engine where broken( which proves it to be a major crash).
4)airbags already busted and the fiber was stitched and painted back to normal shape.
5)steering was out of alignment and even the horn was not working properly
6)Interiors : REALLY PATHETIC!!
7)Front head lights where all loosened up as the legs of the lights joined to the body with screws were broken.
8)Climatic control : all the switches were not working
9)The RS Bumper was replaced with normal Octavia type bumper

The workshop guy strongly recommended me to not to buy this one.
But out of desperation i had already given a token advance of 2000 bucks.
i was sad hearing the list of complaints as the car from outside was looking very normal.
i went back to the guy and asked whether its a total loss.The guy gives his long speech about his honesty and he wont cheat any one in his life and stuffs like that.He then said to me that he forgot to mention that it was a CASH LOSS not total loss.He then gave me an offer for 4.85.Believe it or not guys i just fell for it as i thought that i could repair the damage for the spare money i have.

Fixed the date for getting the car.I don't know whether some one had their invisible hands saving me from this hell car.On the week of getting the car i had some funding issues as i had to put the money for a deal in my business.I called up the guy to give me some time and iam ready to give him 2 lakhs as advance.I don't know what happened he just became angry to me and said he is not interested to sell the car to me and just kept the phone.Now after reading raajks post about this car i feel so relieved that i was able to escape from this horror.What if the guy accepted the money and was ready to wait for me.I would have just fainted seeing your post.

Something saved me from the HELL CAR(that's what i call it now).

And now i hear news that the car is put for sale for 4.25(believe me i have my sources) and can be negotiated for 4.Can you believe guys?Skoda vRS for 4 lakhs ,ie 4*4 = 16= new skoda vRS)

Iam not sad about loosing my 2000 bucks iam happy i stayed away for this car.i still think what if i took the car .How would i bring it back to shape.And even if brought it back to shape how will i sell it later if i wanted to sell it.Who will take a total loss car?.I feel a lot relived now Thank you God Thanks a Ton.

Some pics of the car:
Attached Thumbnails
An experience chasing a Silver Skoda vRS-7_1_2009_10_43_3899_05skodars1.jpg  

An experience chasing a Silver Skoda vRS-7_1_2009_10_43_4044_05skodars2.jpg  

An experience chasing a Silver Skoda vRS-7_1_2009_10_43_5568_05skodars3.jpg  

An experience chasing a Silver Skoda vRS-7_1_2009_10_43_6714_05skodars.jpg  

Last edited by HAFI : 26th January 2009 at 22:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks