Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 15:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

I am not too sure where I could post this, so I am posting this here. I am searching for a pre-owned Ford Ikon TDCi. However, I am unable to find a single diesel Ikon for sale on any website nor on our TBHP classified. Am I missing something?

BTW: Is the diesel variant easy to drive in city?
Old 18th May 2010, 11:24   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I am not too sure where I could post this, so I am posting this here. I am searching for a pre-owned Ford Ikon TDCi. However, I am unable to find a single diesel Ikon for sale on any website nor on our TBHP classified. Am I missing something?

BTW: Is the diesel variant easy to drive in city?
Well, the Ikon TDCi has been on sale for less than 2 years and its not exactly set the sales charts on fire. Plus, the Ikon's dismal resale values could be prompting owners to retain.

I guess it'll be another year or two before those 1.4 Ikons hit the used market.
Old 18th May 2010, 12:15   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Well, the Ikon TDCi has been on sale for less than 2 years and its not exactly set the sales charts on fire. ...
What's Figo TDCI got that Ikon TDCI does not have?
Old 18th May 2010, 12:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Well, the Ikon TDCi has been on sale for less than 2 years and its not exactly set the sales charts on fire. Plus, the Ikon's dismal resale values could be prompting owners to retain.

I guess it'll be another year or two before those 1.4 Ikons hit the used market.
Wow, this explains why I was returning empty handed everywhere with Ikon TDCi. Now, that you mentioned that this is relatively new in the market, I don't think it would fit my budget (around 1.5 lac) even if I come across something in the near future.

Looks like I have to look at Hyundai Accent with that budget or look for smaller cars (which somehow I have been avoiding).
Old 18th May 2010, 12:48   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
What's Figo TDCI got that Ikon TDCI does not have?
Leaving aside the technical aspects, as far as the brand is concerned, I think Ford has taken positive steps over the years.

Based on what I have read so far, each new car they come up with has lesser issues than the previous one - Figo < Fiesta < Ikon.

Plus lower cost of spares (if that is true) would help this time around.
I think these would influence the sales.
Old 22nd May 2010, 18:44   #36
BHPian

Avoid

Hey...I have a 1.6 Zxi since 2003 and it's served me really really well....spend ~ 12K / year on maintenance, etc...but given how responsive this beauty is, it's likely that owners would get carried away once in a while...would recommend that you either get it checked thoroughly at a Ford workshop or avoid buying...

Most Viewed