Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which of them will be the best for me??
Toyota Corlla H2M 9 31.03%
Skoda Octavia Tpi(RS or rider) 7 24.14%
Skoda Octavia 1.9Tdi(version with ABS) 9 31.03%
Chevrolet Optra 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2005, 12:34   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If you want an overall car, pick up the Optra 1.6. Its got the same positive attributes of the 1.8. The 1.6 Optra is also much more refined than the 1.8.

I'd buy this over the Corolla any which day.

GTO
Old 13th May 2005, 12:37   #17
BANNED

Drifter and GTO you guys are tempting me so i guess i wont say anything about the Optra untill and unless i take a test drive. But the 1.6 wont be available with ABS and airbags(my top most priorty) or will it??
Old 13th May 2005, 13:57   #18
Senior - BHPian

u wont get it in 11lacs but i suggest u wait for the new SKODA diesel.till then manage with the NHC.its not that bad either

Last edited by speedsatya : 13th May 2005 at 14:02.
Old 13th May 2005, 14:58   #19
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Recently had a drive in the backseat of an Optra & must say, its jolly good ! If backseat is of prime importance then it has got to be the corolla or the optra. Although the Octavia's backseat is not bad but if you have been used to the NHC then obviously it'd be a tad uncomfortable for you. Looking at your criteria actually the Corolla suits the bill quite well.
Old 13th May 2005, 15:07   #20
Team-BHP Support

Montoya, IIRC you like to take fast turns and really rip at high speeds, right? In that case RS will be more fun for you. You can look at 1.8 Rider Turbo which does not have too many frills but is for 11lacs.
But apart from that Toyota is a class leader in service with their Express Maintainance thingi. Read about it in Overdrive/Autocar. If Toyota performance satisfies you go for it if you think its too slow then go for RS/Rider!
Old 13th May 2005, 15:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

Monty

You want a car that is deceptively fast, look no further than the Corolla. It looks boring, is not considered 'cool' but that VVTi will burn most of the pretenders on the road.

Its built light, but the build is of good quality so you dont need to worry on that front. Let me put it this way - most of the older cars you see on the road in different parts of the world are Toyota Corollas. Its not that other cars werent bought by people earlier - they just didnt last as long as the Corolla.

Nothing to beat Toyota reliability. You will have to live with the boring interiors, but the back seat is nicely inclined. Beats the SKoda for space too.

Who knows, we may yet see you with a "My Toyota Is Fantastic" sticker on your rear windscreen....
Old 13th May 2005, 19:42   #22
BANNED

Hey SS,

As far as the New Octy is concerned it will cost more then even the present Octys and is expected to be priced at Rs.14Lakhs.. AS far as NHCs badness is concerned it aint bad at all actually i love that car alot. But now its sold. Just struck the deal this afternoon. Yesterdat buyer saw the car and i asked him to drive it he refused to saying what to drive a new car.

Yes RJK i really didnot like the backseat of the Octy after i sat in the RS. Its really cramped. NHC spoiled me.. hehe..

TSK whats IIRC?? Well the Corolla is on par with the RS in terms of performance it isnot any slow. However it does not look sporty that doesnot mean its slow. Its damn fast. It was the fastest car in the country till RS was launched. Just commonly observed that 90% corollas are driven by drivers and not their owners.

Steeroid, i like the corlla and looks are not of prime importance to me. Even if the corolla looks like an Amby i would buy it cause its good to look good from inside and not inside. Didnot find interiors to be boring of the Corolla and yes i would surely put that sticker if its turns out to be so.
Old 13th May 2005, 20:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

Based on the requirements Corolla is the way to go. It has a stormin' engine ( 0 -60 in 9 secs) along with good FE and bulletproof reliability. Handling wise, it kinda vague and the in the ride department i'ts no match for the Skoda.....but its not a big deal........the Vvt engine makes up for everything. 205 upsize definetly.

You can buy the Innova but the chicks are gonna think that either you are the driver or an uncleji.
Old 13th May 2005, 20:53   #24
BANNED

Quote:
0 -60 in 9 secs
mph or kph

Quote:
You can buy the Innova but the chicks are gonna think that either you are the driver or an uncleji.
you can carry many more chicks in comfort..

Quote:
205 upsize definetly
with what profile and tyres??
Old 13th May 2005, 22:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
mph or kph
with what profile and tyres??
You caught me there. Need to rearrange my thoughts. I'm used to mph.
I'd say 205 Michelin MXV. Choose profile to match the current outer diameter.
Old 13th May 2005, 23:05   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
If you want an overall car, pick up the Optra 1.6. Its got the same positive attributes of the 1.8. The 1.6 Optra is also much more refined than the 1.8.

I'd buy this over the Corolla any which day.

GTO
I disagree.... The corolla will shoot the lights out of a 1.6 optra and for that matter even out do the 1.8 at ease. The corolla has a very refined and smooth drive imo. Also interior wise the corolla is roamier, atleast it looks so coz of the beige interiors which inturn add to the rich look. Overall the Corolla seems and feel much more expensive than the optra hence more VFM.
If u r worried about the looks man...then just pick a nice color...add black tints...and put nice 16 inch alloys to fill in those large wheel archs and the car will look stunning.
I am sure u will get quite abit in exchange for the standard alloys that come with the car...just add a little more and get better ones.It will add the sporty factor into the car while still blending with the simple elegant look it has.
Old 13th May 2005, 23:26   #27
BANNED

Hey Mpower any link to those Michelin MXV.

Well sahil i am least concerned about looks and am considering only too colours. One is Whote and the other Black. Will be going for test drive tomorow and finalising which car since there is no use beating around the bush and carrying on a thread for long. My decision will be final tomorow and mods can lock this thread tomorow night.

p.s as far as alloys are concerned i am sure they most be costing around 50K and i wont get even half its price..??
Old 14th May 2005, 00:17   #28
Team-BHP Support

setisoppo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
Looks are deceptive for me. I want a car that looks ugly from the outside and superb from the inside.
get ur NHC converted into a limo. it'll cost you less than Rs. 11 lakhs AND it'll resolve both ur concerns - ugly from the outside & superb from the inside.
FE might drop a bit though - also parking will be slightly problematic but oh well!
Old 14th May 2005, 00:19   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78
get ur NHC converted into a limo. it'll cost you less than Rs. 11 lakhs AND it'll resolve both ur concerns - ugly from the outside & superb from the inside.
FE might drop a bit though - also parking will be slightly problematic but oh well!
Yeah Write, and what about Safety, ABS, dual airbags, power 0 - 100 - it will never reach.. imagine my plight i have been driving a Minardi for past 7 months after driving a 1.5Exi BMW..(Old City)
And also i meant to say that looks are something which i look last at..
Old 14th May 2005, 00:54   #30
Senior - BHPian

Why not the Optra LT , except performance , its scores way above the Corolla.
Lot of more features and luxuries at around 50k less than the Corolla H2M
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks