Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which of them will be the best for me??
Toyota Corlla H2M 9 31.03%
Skoda Octavia Tpi(RS or rider) 7 24.14%
Skoda Octavia 1.9Tdi(version with ABS) 9 31.03%
Chevrolet Optra 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2005, 00:58   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen
Why not the Optra LT , except performance , its scores way above the Corolla.
Lot of more features and luxuries at around 50k less than the Corolla H2M
Well 0 people have voted for the Optra In what aspect does it score above the corolla?? Well 50K below and what bout discount. Plus service cost maintenance.. and what features are more then the Corolla..IMHO none..except sun/moon roof which is of no use to me.. its more like a gizmo to me.. will get jammed since i wont use it at all..hehe

CAn you specify in which parameters does it score above the Corolla?
Old 14th May 2005, 01:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

montoya,
agreed that the new skoda will be more expensive,but it will definitely be a better VFM in all respects.
if its now that u wanna buy ,then its definitely not the corolla.the handling with the reaised suspension is not worth talking about.
i would rather look at the ,skoda 1.9TD,1.8 optra,or a pre -owned Accord V6.

Last edited by speedsatya : 14th May 2005 at 01:13.
Old 14th May 2005, 01:15   #33
BANNED

Well SS i am going to look at the LT as well today and test drive both Corolla and LT before finalising my decision. Accord drinks fuel like crazy.

Accord 2.4MT - 8kpl
Accord 2.4AT - 7kpl
Accord 3.0(comes only in AT) - 5kpl

Thats hondas figures.. real figures will definately be lesser. My friends 2.4MT gives him 5 kpl..

Finally some one voted for the Optra
Old 14th May 2005, 07:15   #34
BHPian

A corolla can be kitted too.

http://img38.echo.cx/my.php?image=untitledz7oe.png
http://img11.echo.cx/my.php?image=untitledc1tw.png
http://img38.echo.cx/my.php?image=untitled3ca1.png
Old 14th May 2005, 12:13   #35
BANNED

Hey vulken,

Nice kit the first one with other doors.. about the others they make her look uglier..

I have decided that its not going to be an Optra have ruled it out.. just drive her once on the expressway at 150 didnt find anything special..

Called GM guy picks up i ask him FE and all and the models.. price is 12 lakhs on road and 30,000 discount.. i asked him how come its costlier then corolla he told me if you want to buy tell me i am cutting the phone and cut the line thats disgustingly highheadedness.. GTO you speak to them and you wont even take a free Optra from there.. worst then even Ichibaan..(they keep you on hold and atleast dont cut the line)

Anywayz called apna Skoda, given me a great deal and also sayin that RS will give average of 10 in city and 14 on highway..
Old 14th May 2005, 13:01   #36
BANNED

Hey Bhpains,

He ate my head talking crap. Utter rubish. That sales guy was so pathetic.. geez.. he tells me that Skoda is 105 yrs old and emperor of japan travelled in a Skoda. Big deal. I told him Prime minister of india travels in an Amby. Then i ask him the service costs of the skoda and he tells me its similar to the Corollas. I ask him how much he tells me 6000 and i tell him and how much the Corollas(its 1200 i never told him) he says that you must be knowing i know everything about the corolla and then i ask him so how much is it he tells me that i am not aware of and himself contradicting his ownself.. Plus giving 84,000 discount on the car wheras Toyota 1,20. He also said that you cant put alloys or tyres from outside they will void you warranty. Geez.. i told him other companies dont say so. He tells me that means they are charting you. Was quoting Rs. 89000 for spider alloys and michelins 205.. skoda sucks.. big time in their sales area.. but i love the car.. 1.8 TP will come to me at around 12.5 whearas alloys, tyres, spoiler, skirts all my libility plus the huge service costs.. ohh please i am not impressed.. and yes the Corolla has addtional features like climate control, alloys, beige interiors and a superb back seat as opposed to the Octy. He tells me that rear legroom can be sorted by putting leather seats.. i dont know how he managed to get into skoda?? Plus he tells me that 2.0 petrol is also very good.. imagine a 2000cc car giving you 8kmpl.. isnot that great.. and he is stressing on the word 2000cc what the hell will i do with a 2000cc car which doesnot perform as good when a 1800RS or Corolla outbeats it and still gives better FE.. cut the line..

:Note from the Admin : Abuse is not allowed - direct use or indirect. Do refrain from using special characters to conceal what are obviously words not permitted on this board
Old 14th May 2005, 13:35   #37
BANNED

Just spoke to all the posible dealers of toyota.. i must admit that their customer care service is amazing... very nice in talking and they are unlike GM and Skoda who are damn highheaded..

Customer care is excellent of toyota..
Anywayz saddest news of the century a car of the magnitude of a Corolla doesnot have tubeless rubber.. disgusting..
Old 14th May 2005, 17:24   #38
BHPian

Hahaha, Good luc with your search dude. Dont judge the car by the people it is being sold, focus on what you need and your convinience. any ways how much price did each come to on the road after discounts??
Old 14th May 2005, 19:48   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i must admit that their customer care service is amazing... very nice in talking and they are unlike GM and Skoda who are damn highheaded..
Absolutely. Last time i called them for a test drive, they had a Camry brought right to my door step. Love their service, too bad i didn't like the car that much.

Shan2nu
Old 14th May 2005, 22:25   #40
BANNED

Final decision already made

After a hard day of searching like crazy and test driving cars and calling up dealers i guess i have almost made my final decision. Well my decisio is very very surprising and now i know why GTO comented what he did and once i thought that Rudra Sir whose signature is listen to the old man it helps is just kewl. Since he went and feel in love with the Optra like a Kid(no offence sir) but then with todays experience my mind is now decided..

Well at 2P.M the guy came to pick up the NHC( the guy who bought it is a car freak and didnot even drive it he is 25yrs old and has changed 13 cars already he changes ever 6 months.. i told him tuesday but since he had paid and was going to shirdi he wanted the car he gave me his santro since i need it for the hunt for a few days dont ask about the santro drive i was disgusted with the santro) So then i went to Millenium Nerul and had also spoken to Thane millenium who said they would be sending a test drive vehicle.

Anyways then i reached there and got into a Corolla which had logged about 12K and 1 year old. No ABS but still.. firstly had problems with the seat belt. Then started to move on. No traffic at all palm beach road seeing all empty i floored the throtlle the VVTi shouts crazily.. screeming worst then even an Esteem, shift into second and then third reach 160 and then step on the brakes.. dont ask then car looks as if i am skating on ice and stop and what i see in the rear view is devatating smoke and full of smoke.. nothing comapred to the RS which didnot behave like this at all.. still the sales guy who had come along told me are you insured i said no then he said even i am not and i want to have *ex before i die..

I was disgusted and then i ripped her more.. was stable but handling poor and 195 tyres feel worst then even 145 on a 800 they lock up on the slightest hint of braking.. at speed of 100, 120 in fifth gear it was so horible to notice that the steering was vibrating very very badly and when i kept my hand on the stering my watch was vibrating worst then even a diesel motor does. i went back to dealer and tell him he tells me that this car is one year old and its ripped of every time since test drive vehicle.. and the newwer version has ABS which we dont have for test drive also the new version wont make noise.. enough said.. i was feeling very pathetic even thinking that why people say buy a toyota even without driving it.. but then..enough done.

I called up Thane Millenium and they told me that they had not sent the car and it was the customer car which he had given us for test drive that means he can give mine also someday.. poor to know and the car was defaulty i told him that an OCty which has logged 85k feels like new and they tell me that skodas test drive vehicles are new and they are sold after an month wheras toyota have special test drive vehicle. The toyota dealer also told me that he didnot come for testdrive since he knew how i drive after i took him for a drive in the Innova last time(no wonder he didnot sit in it) Anywayz in the toyota showroom i find a brochure of Optra and i quickly note down number of it.

Toyota tell me that they will send Corolla for test drive which wont have such problems. I call up Chevvy and they tell me that they have closed however a salesman will be there till 9:30. I reach Chevrolet with a mixed feeling. Since i am not fond of chevvy and GM. BUut anywayz.. the sales man there was perfect and was very understanding and explained to me everything thouroughly. He didnot have 1.8LT for test since some function was going on.. anywayz he gave me a feel of the bosses car by giving his LT for test drive.. and i had a feel of the car.. liked the brakes thought the car was without ABS.. pickup was also nice.. but not as good as toyota.. AC was superb of the Optra but the Corollas was horrible.. even NHC cooled better.. Overall VFM is OPtra car is superb.. now i know who ever told me about buying a Optra their reasons are justified and even my thinking is going in Rudra Sirs thinking and i am planing on a Black LT.. it has all the features great rear seat.. 5 different CD changer wheras corollas is said to be jammed since all five together and it takes 30 days to solve the problem.. Optra has a superb sound system..

will be finalising the car tomorow. sun roof nice of Optra since i could get my body out from it where as in RS i hardly could even put my head out.. i love the Optra its a wonderful car after sitting in it i have been satisfied.. and best thing i dont need to add any stuff since everything comes with it plus dealer upgrading me with 205s.. all i need to put is sun film i guess..

Would like to thank all of you for your verdicts and help and specially lambo who has helped me about the Corolla.. but still any which way think its OPTRA OPTRA OPTRA FOR ME..

Last edited by Shan2nu : 14th May 2005 at 22:47.
Old 14th May 2005, 23:02   #41
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and thank god, you finally decided on one. Black is THE perfect colour for the Optra.

BTW is that dvd player edition still available?

Quote:
and best thing i dont need to add any stuff since everything comes with it plus dealer upgrading me with 205s
Make sure you get the tyre of your choice. Any chance of fitting 15" wheels?

Shan2nu
Old 14th May 2005, 23:12   #42
BANNED

Thanx Shan. Well yeah Thank God i decided on one cause i was in a fix after driving the Corolla she made me regret the sale of my NHC..

Well the DVD player edition is not available anymore but the DVD edition one didnot have sun roof..

Yeah chances of putting 15inch seem to be high.. dealer is giving me 15inch alloys with 205s for Rs.18K similar to Rudra Sirs car..

By the way sterring remote works damn well..
Old 14th May 2005, 23:16   #43
Senior - BHPian

Here's the WTCC Optra.

Shan2nu
Old 14th May 2005, 23:20   #44
BANNED

Looks kewl though i am not fan of the cars exterior but i love the features and interior..

Last edited by Montoya : 14th May 2005 at 23:27.
Old 14th May 2005, 23:36   #45
Senior - BHPian

montoya,

congrats on your optra.of the available options you have made the right choice.

but i dont agree on your assessment of the corolla.yeah the handling is screwed,but the ride is not that bad.since you say it was someone else's car,maybe the owner had put lower profile tires.so that maybe the reason for the vibrating steering wheel.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks