Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2009, 14:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE HER(ALD)! View Post
i am quite attracted to the linea's looks but scared about it being a fiat product...
Scared of a Fiat Product or A$$. Things are surely looking up with Tata-Fiat alliance and I dont think you would be having any problems but then again its your call.
Old 2nd April 2009, 15:26   #32
BHPian

Closing your eyes and buying an Altis is great idea.

I had grown up hearing the name of Corolla and Octavia during my college and job fidning days in Kolkata. Its like Corolla ... Wow!, Octavia ...Wow!
Yes there used to be less cars those days than now. When now I visit in parents in Kolkata I see so many car there. In nov'08 the last time when I visited there I saw a lot of i10s too.
Old 2nd April 2009, 17:14   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Indigo XL? Please find the reasons in bold
He had an image issue also! Don't think Indigo would ever come in his consideration. But I completely agree, it is huge inside!
Old 2nd April 2009, 17:18   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post

i think it has the best back seat comfort it has a rear a/c vent and a foor level a/c too separately for back seat and a rear sun curtain too. the back seats are comfortable and had enough legroom even when the front seat is pushed back to the maximum. .
Weren't there a few complaints about the roof height in the Linea back seat?
Old 2nd April 2009, 17:23   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE HER(ALD)! View Post
love you all guys!

i am quite attracted to the linea's looks but scared about it being a fiat product...

the cedia is non-palatable when viewed head-on... guess the car has to look good if that kind of money is involved.

i think i should td the corolla altis, as most votes are in favour of it... although i am quite annoyed with toyota for such an ugly face-lift... the front is so bad, it seems as if the car is frowning angrily at you!
Linea now its suits the requirements you are looking for. and its easy on the pocket,ah well they night change the logo again but Fiat is not likely to shoot itself in the foot allover again with A.S.S they have been given enough of a hiding already. So you can take a calculated risk with it, and sure it looks great.

If you think Corolla is frowning don't buy it, I thought Fabia has an impish smile, was not comfortable with it(seemed like it would do some thing bad when I'm not alert kind of)

Cedia is not for chauffeurs. Its a car you buy because you want to drive it, what ever you think of its looks. Since you need a chauffeur driven car it rules itself out. (ruling that out of the buying decision was a very tough decision for me but good that the head did rule at that time)

Magnum is a good car that fits as well but don't want to end up where cielo and matiz owners do you.

If you want to get snob value I guess its Laura, but thats throwing good money after bad on the A.S.S. Octy's too long in the tooth to discuss and doesn't have that great a rear seat according to this forum.

Linea still is the only real option if you don't want the Altis.
If you ask me its far better looking than the dowdy outgoing model which I wouldn't be caught dead in.
Old 2nd April 2009, 17:26   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
Weren't there a few complaints about the roof height in the Linea back seat?
Roof is a little too close for comfort in the Linea yes, but you are not going to look for the starts above you all the time I guess. Where you tend to look is the road in front of you and that seems a long way in front from a Linea's back seat, i mean really far away.
Unless someone's over six foot in height I don't think that is a feature to rule out the Linea.
Old 2nd April 2009, 20:59   #37
Senior - BHPian

I own a Cedia and I'd not recommend a Cedia to someone who wants to be chauffered around. There are better backseats out there and Cedia doesn't have the best ride comfort. Its the car to get if you are self driving though.

Get the Altis or the Magnum. Those are the best deals in the segment.
Old 2nd April 2009, 21:19   #38
Senior - BHPian

as all others also say, altis without a doubt!
great car, quite good image and toyota reliability. (infact to the untrained eye, it looks like the 20-something lakh camry! )
post your impressions after you TD it.

cheers

Last edited by anekho : 2nd April 2009 at 21:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks