Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2009, 23:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
If you drive both of them back to back, you know you'd be kicking yourself for that statement . Plus the City is 9.5+ onroad here in bangalore.
Yes I have driven the Cedia and the ANHC both for over 400 kms each.

The City is expensive by a lac and a half but what he gets is a brand new car and a latest model.

The CEDIA is no doubt a fantastic driver's & performance car BUT looking at an overall picture I would suggest an ANHC any day.

Also the seller's asking price of 8 Lacs is too steep. Around 6.5 - 7 lacs would have been much better and that would make it an excellent buy. These are tough times after all and the second hand car market is a dicy one these days.

The Cedia's biggest drawback is HM & the lack of Mitsubishi's marketing in India. BTW I am a big Mitsubishi fan any day.

Other options for performance are ( in yr budget ) -

ANHC ( as you already suggested )
Verna CRDI
Fiesta 1.6 S

All the above are excellent performance cars.

Last edited by vkochar : 14th April 2009 at 23:36.
Old 15th April 2009, 07:51   #17
BHPian

The price of the new Cedia is 12.80 on road.
The owner is not willing to negotiate a rupee less than 7.8.

I took a test drive of the 1.6 S again (Second time).
Clocked around 30 KMs.
I begining to take a liking towards this car, Fiesta 1.6 S.
I like the response and steering feel.

Just to be sure I am doing a test drive of the Cedia again today.

Then I would decide to go for the Cedia Sports (Discounting the frustration caused by the seller.... I know I would end up paying a good 50 K more)

Else, I would get a spanking new Aquarius Blue Fiesta 1.6 S

Last edited by raajks : 15th April 2009 at 07:52.
Old 15th April 2009, 08:08   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
You could also look at a new Fiesta 1.6S. Lacks some of the Cedia's goodies, but is a very good driver's car.
I am not bothered on fuel efficiency, resale or service network.
Ford and HM are comparable.

Could someone who has driven both extensively, give me a technicalcomparison and get me biased towards one car

1) Cedia has a dead pedal, very useful for long drives
2) The heal and toe position in the Cedia is more comfortable than the Fiesta 1.6 S
3) Engine in Cedia is not hurried, got to work with it to build the revs. The Fiesta engine is extremely free revving. Having said that.. I found a drop .. or not much on power from 5700 to 6800 RPM
4) Both of them have an amazing turning radius of 4.9m, Sharp turn-in
5) GC on the Cedia is very good. Takes on some of the best (worst) speed brakers in Bangalore with ease. The hard suspesion of the 1.6 S is good..once it softens..may have to get a Biliestien

More pointers anyone.... ???

Last edited by raajks : 15th April 2009 at 08:21.
Old 15th April 2009, 08:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

@raajks: i would say go for the Fiesta S. It will be a brand new car and you will get it around the same price.

Cedia is a great car, but it never sold well and has pathetic resale, it doesn't make any sense to buy a 1 year model at 8 L. I would offer 7L max and be prepared to walk away if needed - If you want to sell this car later, you would be selling as the second owner and will have even more resale issues.

FYI = you will get a lot of 2007 model Corollas around 7L. Its not a drivers car like Fiesta/Cedia, but it has a better brand perception, service,reliability and top end power. I would consider it a better deal if you are looking at used cars.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 15th April 2009 at 08:14.
Old 15th April 2009, 08:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Non-Technical: Go for the Cedia man. Its a nice car. If I read your mind correctly, you are inclined towards the Cedia as well. If its a heart's decision, its one you won't regret (Mitsubishi involved here).
Besides, you get people's heads turned for free!
Old 15th April 2009, 08:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Yes I have driven the Cedia and the ANHC both for over 400 kms each.

The CEDIA is no doubt a fantastic driver's & performance car BUT looking at an overall picture I would suggest an ANHC any day.

Other options for performance are ( in yr budget ) -

ANHC ( as you already suggested )
Verna CRDI
Fiesta 1.6 S

All the above are excellent performance cars.
well i will disagree a bit here,verna no doubt is a brilliant car but to call it a performance sedan will be taking it a bit too far.No doubt it has a stonker for a diesel engine but that is it.Its dynamics are no way a match for the fiestas and the cedias and I have noticed that all the vernas have a tendency to pull towards left on braking at high speed,further the ergonomics of fiesta/cedia are spot on but in verna's its a bit off the mark.I am not denying that verna is a capable car but IMHO performance includes vehicle dynamics and handling as well and not just the engine.

I would had agreed that verna is a performance sedan if i were 16 right now and the only thing i knew off then was traffic light drags with puny hatchbacks and other underpowered sedans.
I hope I do not offend anyone and these are my personal views which may or may not be necessarily correct.

Coming back to the cedia,its good to choose a used cedia in good condition over the fiesta S,but at close to rs.8 lakhs for a car that is not exactly successful in the market is spending a bit too much,6-7 lakhs would had just been fine.

Regards.
Old 15th April 2009, 10:22   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Nice deal buddy! Let us know when you close the deal.
With pics i.e.
There is a black OHC Vtech with drool alloys and ICE (near BTM 2001 Model). Dude is not budging from 5.5L. Will post pics if anyone is interested.

This is a steal for a CEDIA enthusiast IMHO!
i don't want golden, looking for a sports.... hope i get it sooooonn....
Old 15th April 2009, 10:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

While I am a fan of the new 1.6S the cedia is a bigger car with better features. For the price it makes good sense to get a rarely used car.

With Ford you will be taking a drastic depri. hit. Cedia is already used.

Climate control, Space, leather etc make it good value for money.

I wont quote fun to drive as Fiesta 1.6S is equally good.
Old 15th April 2009, 11:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Cedia doesn't have Climate Control. At least not the 2008 model - i am not sure about the recent face lift. Agree on space and leather.
Old 15th April 2009, 11:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While I am a fan of the new 1.6S the cedia is a bigger car with better features. For the price it makes good sense to get a rarely used car.

With Ford you will be taking a drastic depri. hit. Cedia is already used.

I wont quote fun to drive as Fiesta 1.6S is equally good.
Anyday cedia is a better car to drive and to be driven around in. It is spacious and over all the up keep costs are much lower than FORD. I have both cars in family. I drive a Cedia and my wife drives a Fiesta. We still prefer cedia any day, irrespective of the drive we are look for. CITY, HIGHWAY, ROUGH ROADS ETC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Cedia doesn't have Climate Control. At least not the 2008 model - i am not sure about the recent face lift. Agree on space and leather.
2008 Cedia doesnt come with ACC. The face lifted one comes with ACC and a touch screen ICE setup. Agreed that the HM/Mitsubishi dealer network is limited. Thats a major Drawback. I have driven my Cedia for 14k kms since march 2008 with 2 major drives to Pune and 3 to Udaipur. out of that the 5 major ones thrice our Fiesta was along with my cousin driving it and we found Cedia to be an all rounder.

End of the day, you have to drive the car, so take the best call. And if the seller has enrolled for the extended warranty you have nothing to worry about. Mine is covered under a 4 year warranty. Go for the Cedia.
Old 15th April 2009, 11:26   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Certainly, the 2008 pre face-lift model does not have climate control, immobilizer, momo steering wheel and sporty steel pedals. I has a single din music system and not double din with navigations system. Also it does not have fog lamps.
Old 15th April 2009, 11:46   #27
Senior - BHPian

Automatic climate control has made its way into the cedia in 2008.

@Harshal : beware of Autonova. Their technicians are not the best. They talk you into spending sweetly and slap you a big bill.
Old 15th April 2009, 11:52   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Automatic climate control has made its way into the cedia in 2008.

@Harshal : beware of Autonova. Their technicians are not the best. They talk you into spending sweetly and slap you a big bill.
The face lifted variant was launched in 2008. But in later stage i believe. I got mine in March 2008. And thanks for the warning bro. I know the owners there and also got a relative working with them, so my car is taken care off personally. Thanks to him. Even the AUDI dealership is owned by Autonova and i visit them very often just for a chit chat and meet the beauties lined up there.
Old 15th April 2009, 12:03   #29
Senior - BHPian

1 year old Cedia Sport @ 7.8 L is certainly a better buy for someone who likes the cedia. Also I would certainly consider 2006/7 Corolla for around 6.5L. The Corolla is a lovely car to drive too.
Old 15th April 2009, 12:24   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Please AGAIN check the accident history of this car (if it is a red one). Find out if this car has only been used in bangalore or another city as well. Don't ask me why, just do it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks