Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2009, 20:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

I'd strongly recommend the Fiesta 1.6 S. It is the best driver's car south of 10 lacs. You may also consider the ANHC if you can afford it---it offers more space, but costs 2 lacs more!
Maintenance costs are not that high as the initial Ikon days. You can read my long term ownership review of my car.
Colour preference is your personal choice. I've also seen a black 1.6 S and it looks darn good.

BTW Nityanand---congrats on your Vizag trip. Waiting for a travelogue.

Last edited by vnabhi : 8th May 2009 at 20:24.
Old 8th May 2009, 20:42   #17
BHPian

one out of list suggestion, if you dont mind, why not consider Hyundai verna to your list? could be worth checking out is my opinion.

From your list I would prefer Linea though, a more VFM I feel, and nowdays I see quite few Lineas on road.

All the best! keep us updated on your decision!
Old 9th May 2009, 05:27   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Why not a petrol Innova?
Well, Innova, we ruled out because, for almost 90% of our travels, we will be just 2 + 1 passengers and hence decided against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
Btw, why is your wife pressing for a Petrol car?
Well the reason is very simple. On the road, when ever some one overtakes my Indigo, I used to tell that since that is a petrol,I can't catch up with him.My wife is tired of hearing this again and again and hence strict instructions.. Next time, only Petrol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash7678 View Post
just my 2 bit as well....if you minus the bit abt the airbags the verna is not such a bad bet considering that your usage is not extremely high. the diesel variant is a great car and loads of fun to drive around. it has better pep than that of the older accent crdi's (if you have driven that one). plus it wud fit into your budget just right
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
one out of list suggestion, if you dont mind, why not consider Hyundai verna to your list? could be worth checking out is my opinion.
Budget wise it fits well, but then we don't want to compromise on safety. That was why we decided against Verna.
Old 9th May 2009, 08:08   #19
BHPian

Fiesta 1.6 S is a very good car.
The spares of 1.6 S in specific pockets have been dropped.

They are attempting to change the perception that maintenance of a Ford is expensive.

With the LITTLE research I have done with Fiesta 1.6 S and the ANHC.
A stock 1.6 S is a fun car to drive

For this month, they are throwing in free insurance.
If you haggle well, you can get a good discount of 35K.

If you hit Lathangi, ask for Deepak or Shibin.
All the best for your search!!
Old 11th May 2009, 11:44   #20
JRD
BHPian

I was in a similar situation like this when it came to replacing my Esteem. It was between the Fiesta S and Linea EPack MJD for me. I ended up with the Linea but here is what i advise strongly!

Linea MJD
Pros: Good package, Looks, presence, great features and spectacular ride and handling, high way cruising and a great car for taking to parties.
Cons: No driving pleasure, underpowered, uncomfortable driving position, huge blind spots, poor turning radius, ground clearance when loaded.

Fiesta S
Pros: Driving pleasure, very very responsive, handling, driving position, confident chassis (makes you feel in control at all times) and the main factor I felt is the feeling that cars like the esteem and ohc provide.(dont have a word for it but I would say very in sync with the car)
Cons: I guess for some people the brand Ford and their A.S.S (Though I did lots of research with the service dept. and its just the indian bad mouthing back from the old ikon days)

final word is if your priority is looks and not performance then Linea, but if you like to drive then Fiesta S without even looking at any other car.
Old 11th May 2009, 11:55   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
final word is if your priority is looks and not performance then Linea, but if you like to drive then Fiesta S without even looking at any other car.
JRD - I agreed with every single part of your post except this one.

I think the Aquarius 1.6S with the spoiler looks much more sportier and funkier than the Linea which is more sedate in its design.But ofcourse,must admit looks are subjective
Old 11th May 2009, 12:03   #22
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
JRD - I agreed with every single part of your post except this one.

I think the Aquarius 1.6S with the spoiler looks much more sportier and funkier than the Linea which is more sedate in its design.But ofcourse,must admit looks are subjective
Absolutely agree. the proportions are solid and I personally think it looks great but 90% of people would say the styling is more traditional sedanish(theres nothing wrong with that) as compared to the linea.

Ps: a white S without the spoiler was what I had my eye on.
Old 12th May 2009, 17:57   #23
BHPian

BTW Nityanand---congrats on your Vizag trip. Waiting for a travelogue.[/quote]

Thanks Vnabhi!! I will write a travelogue this week.
Old 13th May 2009, 09:54   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Go for the 1.6 Limited Edition if you can get it in your city as that sounds like terrific VFM.
However, if that is not possible, then get the 1.6S.
As a Fiesta owner, the only cons are the lack of rear seat space in comparison to its competitors, and even today, if I had to get a replacement for our 2006 fiesta, it would be another Fiesta, but the 1.6S this time around.
Old 13th May 2009, 11:28   #25
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Have you test driven the cars in discussion with your wife?

Test driving and overtaking another car ( pun intended) may change her perspective of diesel cars too!

Well, it will be Fiesta 1.6 S for me anyday, sheer driving pleasure and great handling.
Old 13th May 2009, 11:48   #26
BHPian

1.6 S has been discussed widely and its difference when it comes to the 1.6 limited edition is

- Firmed up suspension
- Remapped ECU for crisper response
- Refined steering rack for better feel of the car

If I were you, I would keep my focus on the 1.6 S ALONE
Old 14th May 2009, 07:10   #27
BHPian

With the 1.6 limited edition offer, fiesta makes terrific sense. In case you go ahead with the deal, i m sure you will not regret one bit later on. Let us know.
Old 23rd May 2009, 16:53   #28
BHPian

I am also looking for fiesta but 1.6zxi due to
1) biege interior
2) 50000/- price difference
I have been offered only 10000/- corporate discount, RAAJKS suggested that it would be something in the range of 35000/-
Joe, how much are you getting for 1.6S?
Old 24th May 2009, 00:03   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gksunil View Post
Joe, how much are you getting for 1.6S?
They offered me a corporate discount of 15000. In case you work for IBM, wipro or HP, they have a much higher discount (around 50K for ford fusion)
Old 24th May 2009, 01:35   #30
BHPian

I am thinking of going for black colour. The decision may be postponed due to monsoon. But i don't think they will have discounts during the month of spetember-october.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks