Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2009, 16:53   #31
BHPian

i am also thinking of buying a fiesta petrol..
But i m thinking for the limited edition...I m getting it For Rs.6,03,000/- On Road with 4 yrs extended warranty....shud i extend my budget for the 1.6 S or this is ok...coz i m nt too much inclined towards the 1.6 s...as budget increases then my mind moves towards ANHC...
Old 24th May 2010, 22:39   #32
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Some Thoughts

My tediously written new thread got promptly deleted, all that effort just gone:(
I was seeking some advise on the choice of car between ANHC, Fiesta SXI and i20 CRDI. I need opinions on the following from owners
Ease of drive in city and easy to handle while parking etc( no blind spots etc)
Reliable service
Service costs on an average
Any major factor to look out for while buying which can be a pain factor.
I have taken a TD of all the 3 cars and my observations are:
I know the major highlight of the fiesta is its drive, which i could see in the TD, the City has a premium feel and very good interior space and the i20 CRDI has great power and support from hyundai
Also the minor issues- Fiesta re-sale is poor, innner space is less, City GC is problem, i20 CRDI can be expensive
Will like some honest thoughts from owners to finally decide. Since its a co lease, cost factor is not a deterrent
(hope this does not get deleted by the mods, will be bad )
Old 24th May 2010, 23:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

6 more months max, we might get the new Ford Fiesta. People have reported seeing it and I remember a post wherein the info that it's gonna be a 118bhp car.
Old 25th May 2010, 08:22   #34
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
6 more months max, we might get the new Ford Fiesta. People have reported seeing it and I remember a post wherein the info that it's gonna be a 118bhp car.
But also heard that its going to be in a higher segment, above 10 lacs. Cant wait for that long, if i could, will also get to choose between vento and etios maybe
Old 25th May 2010, 09:17   #35
Team-BHP Support

I guess the choice you have is between Fiesta and City. Depends on what appeals you. I wont suggest one against the other. Both are good. Only point to note, is about the low GC of City and that too in Bangalore, you will need to be extra careful. Thats the only negative on city.

Maintainence wise, both are equally costly. Ford may be a bit cheaper, but in Bangalore satisfaction I guess is almost decent for both (Take this with a pich of salt). If you want the vehicle to hold for more than 6 years, then yes its worth going for City.

I am not considering the re-sale value (which is also a plus for the city) as you are a driving enthusiast. So buy what appeals to you.
Old 25th May 2010, 09:31   #36
BHPian

Guys, I too agree the Ford Fiesta is a great car to drive, if its 1.6 I dont have words to express my feelings.

My suggestion is to look for newly launched cars like New Honda City. I feel the New Fiesta is on the way and can expect a launch soon. Once its launched, I am sure Ford will give huge discount offers or it may even withdraw the current model from the market, Like how Figo hit the Fusion.

Think wisely and we should be in a better position to say that our car still rocks in market.
Old 25th May 2010, 09:53   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
My tediously written new thread got promptly deleted, all that effort just gone:(
I was seeking some advise on the choice of car between ANHC, Fiesta SXI and i20 CRDI. I need opinions on the following from owners
Ease of drive in city and easy to handle while parking etc( no blind spots etc)
Reliable service
Service costs on an average
Any major factor to look out for while buying which can be a pain factor.
I have taken a TD of all the 3 cars and my observations are:
I know the major highlight of the fiesta is its drive, which i could see in the TD, the City has a premium feel and very good interior space and the i20 CRDI has great power and support from hyundai
Also the minor issues- Fiesta re-sale is poor, innner space is less, City GC is problem, i20 CRDI can be expensive
Will like some honest thoughts from owners to finally decide. Since its a co lease, cost factor is not a deterrent
(hope this does not get deleted by the mods, will be bad )
+
Do not worry about re-sale value now as no one knows what will be resale value of a car after 3 or 4 years from now?
I have been driving fiesta 1.6Zxi for the last 8 months and enjoying the car, especially the driving comfort. Go for it, unless you can wait for the new model (not sure when it is going to be launched in Indian market)?
Old 25th May 2010, 10:02   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But also heard that its going to be in a higher segment, above 10 lacs. Cant wait for that long, if i could, will also get to choose between vento and etios maybe
I doubt. There is only a change in interior and engine. A class up means more space. And if they are gonna price it high,all their effort that made it a success will be wasted.
Old 25th May 2010, 10:33   #39
BHPian

can we have the comparo of mileages per liter for each of these. What is the mileage for fiesta 1.6 in city conditions with 50% AC vs linea vs anhc.
Old 25th May 2010, 14:03   #40
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I guess the choice you have is between Fiesta and City. Depends on what appeals you. I wont suggest one against the other. Both are good. Only point to note, is about the low GC of City and that too in Bangalore, you will need to be extra careful. Thats the only negative on city.

Maintainence wise, both are equally costly. Ford may be a bit cheaper, but in Bangalore satisfaction I guess is almost decent for both (Take this with a pich of salt). If you want the vehicle to hold for more than 6 years, then yes its worth going for City.

I am not considering the re-sale value (which is also a plus for the city) as you are a driving enthusiast. So buy what appeals to you.
Thanks a lot for the inputs.
I have tried really hard to get accurate numbers, esp from bangalore guys on the paid service costs that are incurred
Here is what i got
Fiesta- average service cost- MIN Rs 3000(normal service)
ANHC- paid service average cost, MAx Rs 3000
Need some more accurate numbers. Also there is this thought of maybe going in for the diesel fiesta, but looks like the overall package is not that exciting as the 1.6
Both are equally appealing but one thing is sure, if i buy a Fiesta, i will end up selling it in 2-3 years as will like to upgrade, but with the city may not consider that option. In the last thread( which got deleted) someone had replied to me stating a fiesta that sold for 5 lacs after 3 years, which is not that bad after all.
Read posts of Bangalore owners for ANHC, now the speed breakers are not that bad, see so many ANHC's so wonder how do they manage?
Old 25th May 2010, 14:35   #41
Senior - BHPian

jkdas, only the Fiesta hatch will be launched by the end of the year or the next year. It will sport the 120 BHP petrol engine. We have no idea when the new Fiesta sedan will be launched. It has never been spotted testing whereas the hatch has been spotted many times. And when it does launch, the sedan will be in the 9-10 lac segment.

mkh, don't depend on vague answers here if you want to compare service costs between the Fiesta and the City. Call up two dealers for each car and find out what the paid service charge is. It should be 1000-1500. Add another 1000 for oil. Add another 1000 for washing, alignment, taxes etc. If you do decide to get a Fiesta, get the 2 years extended warranty as well. Or 1 year extended warranty if you plan to sell the car in 3 years.
Old 27th May 2010, 15:46   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Time has come for me to start hunting for a new car for replacing my 6 yrd old Indigo.

There were some preconditions set by my wifey for the new car
(1) should be petrol and petrol only - my annual running is 12500 - 13000 kms
(2) should have all safety features that is currently available in Indian cars( read ABS, Airbag and stuff)
(3) should have a decent boot (read:it should be a sedan and not a fake sedan like Indigo CS. No offenses to anyone)
(4) Budget at the max is 10L

We have shortlisted some sedans

1. Honda City
2. Linea emotion pak
3. Fiesta 1.6 S
4. Swift Dzire Zxi

Am looking for some advice from owners/prospective buyers who has done their research so that I can make a good buying decision.
Brother, look no further!!
Your choice can be singled out by choosing the best sedan in the pack..the Fiesta 1.6S

As per your needs:
  1. Its available in petrol
  2. Has all the safety features like Airbags ABS etc.
  3. Is a proven drivers car. Best car to drive.
  4. Has a decent boot. 430L. Not too huge like the Linea. and not a added one like Dzire.
  5. Well within your budget.
Honda City may sound attractive option but its far to expensive than the features it offers. Its only USP is its awesome engine.
Ford cars are more reliable than ever and cost of spares is also comparatively less than yesteryears. Ford is going all out in its initiative to make a good image in the Indian market.

But you should do a TD of all the above cars to make up your mind. If you like driving and are an enthusiast.. your choice will narrow down to only one car from the list above.

Happy buying!!
Old 27th May 2010, 15:54   #43
BHPian

also can I add, that if you can wait 6 months for a particular model to launch, then might as well not buy a car at all. coz after 6 months, there will be newer models launching after another 6 months.. its an ongoing process.

choose from the best option that you have today..

bcoz my friend "Today is a gift, thats why they call it Present!!"

Enjoy
Old 27th May 2010, 16:38   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have tried really hard to get accurate numbers, esp from bangalore guys on the paid service costs that are incurred
Here is what i got
Need some more accurate numbers. Also there is this thought of maybe going in for the diesel fiesta, but looks like the overall package is not that exciting as the 1.6
I guess you are referring to a diesel Fiesta, not the 1.6 petrol. If you read my long-term ownership thread and also Suman's, you will get a better picture.
Old 27th May 2010, 16:53   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Here is what i got
Both are equally appealing but one thing is sure, if i buy a Fiesta, i will end up selling it in 2-3 years as will like to upgrade, but with the city may not consider that option. In the last thread( which got deleted) someone had replied to me stating a fiesta that sold for 5 lacs after 3 years, which is not that bad after all.
Read posts of Bangalore owners for ANHC, now the speed breakers are not that bad, see so many ANHC's so wonder how do they manage?
Hi Mkh,

Managing humps needs just a change in the driving style, We are used to. You just need to be bit slow. I have scraped the car only at an un-realistic hump and that too when the car is fully loaded else never inside the city.

Check this link, it would give you good insights on comparing the cars

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...anking-14.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
Brother, look no further!!
Your choice can be singled out by choosing the best sedan in the pack..the Fiesta 1.6S

As per your needs:
  1. Its available in petrol
  2. Has all the safety features like Airbags ABS etc.
  3. Is a proven drivers car. Best car to drive.
  4. Has a decent boot. 430L. Not too huge like the Linea. and not a added one like Dzire.
  5. Well within your budget.
Honda City may sound attractive option but its far to expensive than the features it offers. Its only USP is its awesome engine.
Ford cars are more reliable than ever and cost of spares is also comparatively less than yesteryears. Ford is going all out in its initiative to make a good image in the Indian market.

But you should do a TD of all the above cars to make up your mind. If you like driving and are an enthusiast.. your choice will narrow down to only one car from the list above.

Happy buying!!
Capt if your response is for Joe Cherian, then the answer is "he is a happy owner of ANHC".

Last edited by raghu230506 : 27th May 2010 at 16:56.

Most Viewed