Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2009, 14:50   #1
BHPian

Fiesta 1.6. Shall I ?

Time has come for me to start hunting for a new car for replacing my 6 yrd old Indigo.

There were some preconditions set by my wifey for the new car
(1) should be petrol and petrol only - my annual running is 12500 - 13000 kms
(2) should have all safety features that is currently available in Indian cars( read ABS, Airbag and stuff)
(3) should have a decent boot (read:it should be a sedan and not a fake sedan like Indigo CS. No offenses to anyone)
(4) Budget at the max is 10L

We have shortlisted some sedans

1. Honda City
2. Linea emotion pak
3. Fiesta 1.6 S
4. Swift Dzire Zxi

The order listed above shows our preference though we are open to change

My wife loves City very much , but the high price is hitting me at some point, when thinking whether I am getting a product worth 10L

Linea : price wise good, but the front grille has got her ire .Also FIAT's after sales support worries me (getting a LINEA means I will have to go again to the Tata workshop which I have been going for the past 6 yrs). frankly speaking, I want to go to a new workshop :-)

Fiesta 1.6 S: Looks good, only apprehensions are its mileage, post sales service, maintenance costs.

If nothing of the above materializes, we might settle for Dzire (hope we don't have to)

Am looking for some advice from owners/prospective buyers who has done their research so that I can make a good buying decision.
Old 8th May 2009, 14:54   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
We have shortlisted some sedans

1. Honda City
2. Linea emotion pak
3. Fiesta 1.6 S
4. Swift Dzire Zxi
From the list that you have, I would recommend the following:

1. Honda City: Great car.
2. Linea emotion pak: VFM
3. Fiesta 1.6 S: If you desire the driving pleasure.
4. Swift Dzire Zxi: If nothing else clicks your mind.

If I were to choose, I would choose Fiesta 1.6 S. I don't know how expensive is Ford to maintain now, but I am sure it would not be as high as what it used to be a few years back.
Old 8th May 2009, 15:03   #3
BHPian

For 10 L price bracket, you have not added Verna, Cedia, Corolla and SX4 in your list, any particular reason?

From your above list, I would recommend:
1. Fiesta 1.6 - excellent driver's car, also Ford has recently brought down spare part prices
2. Honda City - Best car in this list but too pricey
3. Linea Emotion Pk - Look wise it wins hands down, classy, but power may not be enough IMO

Not sure how much waiting period for Dzire these days?
Old 8th May 2009, 15:06   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meer View Post
For 10 L price bracket, you have not added Verna, Cedia, Corolla and SX4 in your list, any particular reason?
Not sure how much waiting period for Dzire these days?
Well. 10L budget meant OTR price and hence Corolla,Cedia were off the list very easily. Oh yes, I do live in Bangalore where in I can get a Nano for the amount that I have to pay as road tax.

Verna Petrol - didn't consider for the lack of AirBags

SX4 : myself and wifey had only one word.. Don't want this . So that too went off the list

Last edited by joecherian : 8th May 2009 at 15:08.
Old 8th May 2009, 15:08   #5
Team-BHP Support

The Fiesta 1.6S is a wonderful choice. Between the choices you have listed, i feel this seems apt for you. The driving experience needs no special mention.

The Honda City is good, but what needs to be seen is how much it appeals to you.
Old 8th May 2009, 15:26   #6
BHPian

Thanks Ardy, Meer and benbsb29 for your suggestions.Looking forward to hear some maintenance related stories from Fiesta owners.
Old 8th May 2009, 15:27   #7
BHPian

Shorten the choice to either the Honda or the Fiesta. Taking a through test drive of both the cars plus the dealership experience should help you decide. To be safe take your better half when you do the test drive...
Old 8th May 2009, 15:33   #8
BHPian

since you drive upwards of a 1000kms a month why not look at good diesels. talks in the forum of a 1.6 linea in the near future

i have a linea petrol, not too bad a car, am thoroughly enjoying it an is VFM. However many seem to rate the ford 1.6 highly for its performance and sure is a stunner in blue
Old 8th May 2009, 15:44   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Time has come for me to start hunting for a new car for replacing my 6 yrd old Indigo.

There were some preconditions set by my wifey for the new car
(1) should be petrol and petrol only - my annual running is 12500 - 13000 kms
(2) should have all safety features that is currently available in Indian cars( read ABS, Airbag and stuff)
(3) should have a decent boot (read:it should be a sedan and not a fake sedan like Indigo CS. No offenses to anyone)
(4) Budget at the max is 10L
Why not a petrol Innova?
It fits all your criteria plus some!
1. check
2. available in VX model.
3. definitely! plus it's a 8 seater - for the extra family trips.
4. The last hurdle. The VX petrol innova sells at 10L ex-showroom. As you have clearly stated that 10L is your max this is a problem.

If you can possibly stretch it, you have great car in your hands. Otherwise an option could be, to get nearly new innova for 9-ish L. If it's old gen, i'm not sure which version has the safety features, G4 i think.

The car is also reliable (it's a toyota!) and is comfortable.

Just a suggestion...

cheers
Old 8th May 2009, 16:32   #10
BHPian

I was in same situation almost 2 1/2 years ago. I had an Indigo and wanted a petrol car which will make up for all the pains that I went through while driving in highways ( mind you.. Indigo is a VFM proposition..but it does not have power on tap which you will miss badly in a crowded two lanes). I looked at City VTEC ( NHC), Baleno and Fiesta 1.6 . I knew my wife wanted Honda city, but she was not vocal about it. Somehow she was dead against Baleno.

I test drove all of them and settled for Fiesta 1.6 Sxi with ABS. why? it is just the driving position and the handling.

2.5 years later, I dont regret it a bit and the only thing I loathe about is the not so good A** ( I cant say poor as I have experienced Tata A** )

Btw, why is your wife pressing for a Petrol car?
Old 8th May 2009, 16:42   #11
BHPian

A Blue 1.6S. That would be my choice if I were to look for a petrol in that range. And I think you can also look at SX4 ZXI.
Old 8th May 2009, 16:55   #12
BHPian

I recently bought Ford Fiesta 1.6S. Though my initial plan was to go for Ford Ikon TDCI , changed to 1.6S. I feel it was a great decision. I did test drive Linea (petrol) also.. Felt sluggish and somehow did not like the interior plastics (subjective)

Drove close to 1700kms last weekend from Hyderabad to Vizag and back. The drive was neat with a very responsive engine.

Below is the thread for my Car

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rius-blue.html

Check Page 3 for Pics

Last edited by nityanand.s.s : 8th May 2009 at 16:57.
Old 8th May 2009, 17:17   #13
BHPian

My best choices would be :

1.Aquarius Fiesta 1.6S - The best drivers car under 10L.My frnd owns one and he is very happy with the Ford A.S.S.

2.SX4 Zxi - The man amongst cars VFM

3.Honda City - Would be over 10L if you add alloys.

4.Fieat Linea - Good car,although underpowered(thats what I think).

5.Swift Dzire Zxi - Is a segment lower than all the other cars.

Go for the Fiesta 1.6S.You wont regret it
Old 8th May 2009, 18:19   #14
BHPian

just my 2 bit as well....if you minus the bit abt the airbags the verna is not such a bad bet considering that your usage is not extremely high. the diesel variant is a great car and loads of fun to drive around. it has better pep than that of the older accent crdi's (if you have driven that one). plus it wud fit into your budget just right
Old 8th May 2009, 18:43   #15
BHPian

The fiesta is a really cool car, but mind you the aquaris blue would a bit hard to maintain. Even a small scratch is very prominent, but still it would be a great head turner. I saw a white fiesta 1.6S it also looks as cool as the aquaris and would be easy on those scratches. I would suggest you see all the shades in the 1.6S as the only colour popular is the blue.

So far there has been no problem with the Ford A.S.S and the average FE is 10-12, i guess this is not bad for the car like this.

Last edited by sathee46 : 8th May 2009 at 18:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks