Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2009, 11:59   #16
BHPian

dude..
for that kind of a budget why dont you go in for a new car.It comes with peace of mind.Swift vdi falls in your budget and it drives well too.Even the indica vista is a fully loaded car and is good too.
Its always better to go for a new car at that budget and that too a diesel car which is out of production
Old 15th September 2009, 13:30   #17
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4G93T View Post
Hi Guys,

- Since Hyundai has stopped production of Elantra, would it be difficult to get the spare parts sourced? (I would like to keep the car for another 5 years)
- What would be the likely service routine and service cost?
- What is the expected mileage (city/highway)?
- What are the various things, I need to check on the vehicle before finalizing the deal?
- Is the price quoted (5 lakhs) worth for a 5 year old Elantra?
- Since it’s a diesel, does the engine needs overhauled, once it completes 1 lakh
kms?

Thanks
I have been using an Elantra Crdi (bought new) since 2005. In a nutshell, its a great car. Infact in terms of pre owned diesel sedans, I think its my star of the year!

Its a perfectly brilliant car to drive except the vague gearshift and imprecise handling. Huge legspace at the rear, great bootspace, traction control, 4 disc brakes. Heck its better specced than a new Corrolla!

I`ve had no issues with Hyundai maintenance, most of which has been routine. Recently got the timing belt changed and it was a hassle free job.

There are no problems with spares and availability as far as my experience has been.

One of the great things about buying it used is the great deal you get. In that regard, the price that you have been quoted is not a bargain, but a slightly higher price. If you can get 25-40k knocked off, then its a good deal.
Old 2nd October 2009, 19:38   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Do you have any source of information to support this ?
Well, the accent crdi is 1500 cc with 3cylinders and the elantra is 2000 cc with 4 cylinders . Please do your math .

The magnum and the elantra have the same engines and this was discussed earlier in so many threads . I have posted a lot about the engines earlier .
Old 11th August 2011, 13:45   #19
BHPian

Buying a 7 year old Elantra CRDI

Does it make sense to buy a 2004 model Elantra CRDI, well maintained , single owner, new tyres, with complete service records for 3 lakhs now?

I am planning to use it in highways(60%) and city(40%). I am a little skeptical on the reliability of a 7 year old car.

It has done 74k and the owner claims to have serviced it at 72k. What are the immediate expenses I should be looking at?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks