Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
The fastest sedans on this side of10lakhs today are:
Fiesta 1.6S - Overall best bang for buck
Verna CRDI - Bad handler but powerful engine + diesel mileage
ANHC - Most powerful petrol. Decent mileage. Overpriced
Cedia - Good one but poor brand/resale

I would recommend the Fiesta .. some good deals going on too.

or pray for Linea 1.6 MJD or the 1.4TJet @ 120bhp
Thats exactly would be also my shortlist had it been me contemplating a new car. Only difference is ANHC wont be there in that list, so that makes my choosing a new car even more easier.

Since you dont drive much, petrol is what you should be looking and Fiesta S comes right in your budget ( 7 Lakhs OTR) and still save you a couple of lakhs to play around for Mods, ICE etc.
Old 15th September 2009, 07:35   #17
BHPian

Why Cedia comes last in everyone's list ? Just because of its resale ? @akshay1234 you must Test Drive Festa and Cedia. Cedia is better.
Old 15th September 2009, 08:17   #18
BHPian

If you have planned a line up of mods, then I suppose that you wouldn't expect a good resale. So, you can consider a used Cedia (2 to 3 years old).
Old 15th September 2009, 10:01   #19
BHPian

Akshay- you have advised me so many times on the cars and tires etc. and I am amused to read you asking for an advice -nevertheless nice to read that you intend to buy your first car. Here are my two cents.

There is a problem of plenty in the budget you quoted and the issue is "Yeh Dil Mange More"- so among the stocks- My options (some have already suggested so it may help in adding vote count only) -In diesel Verna SX with ABS and chip it- it meets your requirements. Petrol-Ford Fiesta 1.6, or, Honda City or, used -Corolla over Civic. You may easily get a Skoda RS in this budget in a reasonably good condition.
Also heard that Cedia is supposed to be very good and many mod options are available.
Old 15th September 2009, 10:48   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOiLA View Post
Why Cedia comes last in everyone's list ? Just because of its resale ? @akshay1234 you must Test Drive Festa and Cedia. Cedia is better.
at least on tbhp its not last in anyones list. i will test drive both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
If you have planned a line up of mods, then I suppose that you wouldn't expect a good resale. So, you can consider a used Cedia (2 to 3 years old).
resale dosent matter to me. dont know how long i will keep it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Akshay- you have advised me so many times on the cars and tires etc. and I am amused to read you asking for an advice -nevertheless nice to read that you intend to buy your first car. Here are my two cents.

There is a problem of plenty in the budget you quoted and the issue is "Yeh Dil Mange More"- so among the stocks- My options (some have already suggested so it may help in adding vote count only) -In diesel Verna SX with ABS and chip it- it meets your requirements. Petrol-Ford Fiesta 1.6, or, Honda City or, used -Corolla over Civic. You may easily get a Skoda RS in this budget in a reasonably good condition.
Also heard that Cedia is supposed to be very good and many mod options are available.
yes but your requirements were clear and everyone is better at advising others.

i find the verna too small. why would you say used corolla over the civic?

not even looking at skoda because of the maintainence.
Old 15th September 2009, 11:22   #21
BHPian

I would recommend Corolla over Civic - as I find it more spacious, trouble free, easier to drive, better ground clearance and shouldnt be sluggish either. It will last you long enough. Corolla is a buy and forget type of car - it may not excite you but certainly would never disappoint you ever.

Rear Seat may be of little value to you so I didnt mention above but trust me- it has the best legroom and seats are "oh so comfy" kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

yes but your requirements were clear and everyone is better at advising others.

i find the verna too small. why would you say used corolla over the civic?

not even looking at skoda because of the maintainence.
Old 15th September 2009, 11:24   #22
BHPian

I'm really, really glad you started this thread Akshay.

I am on the same boat as you! I too will be getting my first car around the same time you will. At the moment we have a Corolla in Mumbai and my parents said I could have that, but I don't really want to take it because I too want to add on mods such tyres/rims, body kit, ICE, etc.

I did some research too, and I pretty much came up in mind to buy the Civic. But I think I'll be following this thread to see if I can find other alternatives. I hope you don't mind if I too partake in your thread and ask a couple of questions?

I did learn to drive on a manual a couple of years ago on our Honda City, but after that we got an A/T Corolla and I drive our A/T Jaguar here, so I've totally forgotten how to drive a stick/manual. So would it be fine if I get an A/T Honda Civic and make mods such as FFE, etc? I know I wouldn't get the same driving experience as one would with a manual, but still. Can I get an Automatic Civic to sound like this:

Also is all you have to do is make a mod such as the FFE to make it sound like that or is there something in addition to it?

Last edited by krazyking : 15th September 2009 at 11:27.
Old 15th September 2009, 11:45   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Akshay- If you are fine with a used car, I'd say get a well maintained Accord. It does fit your needs pretty well - It's fast enough,comfortable,snob value compared to the city,sx4,etc and if you get the v6 I'm sure you could give your friends in the 3,c a good run.
I did some math for you, if you get a v6 you would spend around 10,000Rs per month on fuel whereas in the 4cyl automatic you will spend approx 7500. So basically 30% increase in fuel bill will give you 60% more power
Recommend you get a slush box since 95% of your driving will be in the city and it's a boon,trust me !

Last edited by Sahil : 15th September 2009 at 11:46.
Old 15th September 2009, 12:01   #24
Team-BHP Support

Go for an used Civic and do it up. Is there any reason why the civic is not on your list? IMO being a Honda, after market performance parts should be easily available for the civic.
Old 15th September 2009, 12:10   #25
BHPian

Akshay, if you are planning for extensive modifications, no point in going for a brand new car - try a well maintained one, not more than 3 years old.

Among used cars, the best options are -

1) Mit. Cedia 2) Civic

If you are going for a brand new one, consider the following in the order

1) Fiesta 1.6S 2) Fiesta 1.6 Sxi 3) Honda City 4) Sx4

I am making these suggestions considering your budget & requirements, test drive each and decide.
Old 15th September 2009, 13:40   #26
evo
BHPian

Used Civic with paddle shifters. All the mods, great service, everything. I think thats the car that fits your requirements to a T. Drive it in auto mode in traffic, use the paddles when you are really driving, buying used also removes any remorse of wasting the warranty while modding. No running in period either!

Also with the facelift, Civic prices will have some little corrections too.
Old 15th September 2009, 20:17   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
I would recommend Corolla over Civic - as I find it more spacious, trouble free, easier to drive, better ground clearance and shouldnt be sluggish either. It will last you long enough. Corolla is a buy and forget type of car - it may not excite you but certainly would never disappoint you ever.

thats what i dont want. the car should excite me. put a smile on my face everytime i take off from a signal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyking View Post
I'm really, really glad you started this thread Akshay.

I am on the same boat as you! I too will be getting my first car around the same time you will. At the moment we have a Corolla in Mumbai and my parents said I could have that, but I don't really want to take it because I too want to add on mods such tyres/rims, body kit, ICE, etc.

I did some research too, and I pretty much came up in mind to buy the Civic. But I think I'll be following this thread to see if I can find other alternatives. I hope you don't mind if I too partake in your thread and ask a couple of questions?
definitely man. my thread is yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Akshay- If you are fine with a used car, I'd say get a well maintained Accord. It does fit your needs pretty well - It's fast enough,comfortable,snob value compared to the city,sx4,etc and if you get the v6 I'm sure you could give your friends in the 3,c a good run.
I did some math for you, if you get a v6 you would spend around 10,000Rs per month on fuel whereas in the 4cyl automatic you will spend approx 7500. So basically 30% increase in fuel bill will give you 60% more power
Recommend you get a slush box since 95% of your driving will be in the city and it's a boon,trust me !
thats exactly why the accord v6 is at the top of my list. and if i put an exhaust on it and remap the ecu i would be looking at 250bhp easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Go for an used Civic and do it up. Is there any reason why the civic is not on your list? IMO being a Honda, after market performance parts should be easily available for the civic.
i dunno if its just me but i find used hondas terribly overpriced, all besides the accord v6. but if the civic is a good option i will get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITE RUNNER View Post
Akshay, if you are planning for extensive modifications, no point in going for a brand new car - try a well maintained one, not more than 3 years old.

Among used cars, the best options are -

1) Mit. Cedia 2) Civic
i will save alot if i get a used cedia, probably about 1-2 lacs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Used Civic with paddle shifters. All the mods, great service, everything. I think thats the car that fits your requirements to a T. Drive it in auto mode in traffic, use the paddles when you are really driving, buying used also removes any remorse of wasting the warranty while modding. No running in period either!

Also with the facelift, Civic prices will have some little corrections too.
ive driven the civic auto and i found it slow, the gearbox that is. wasnt really that much fun.
Old 15th September 2009, 20:46   #28
BHPian

Since this is a car for your heart - I would say just go with Accord V6. It should keep you well entertained.

You may want to PM abhayshanu also. He had some suggestions on various mods possible.
Old 15th September 2009, 20:48   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Since this is a car for your heart - I would say just go with Accord V6. It should keep you well entertained.

You may want to PM abhayshanu also. He had some suggestions on various mods possible.
yeah waiting till my exams get over then will start test drives etc.

dont worry about the mods i know exactly what i wanna do.
Old 16th September 2009, 14:28   #30
bmwrockz

What about about Fiat Linea?, It fits all of your requirements and its a nice car for more information please see the Fat India website.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks