Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2009, 15:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

@akshay1234: Please dont test drive a Cedia. coz if you do you will have to increase your budget and buy it.

A used Cedia is the best option, resale is aweful and you can get a great car at a great price. I recently got a 1.5 year old chicago white for 5lac here in Delhi.

Also check if Abix's modified cedia is still up for sale here in delhi or not. If it is I would say grab it, will save you time and money to modify it. Just that you will have to get it transferreed to Mumbai!

A used Civic will also be a great deal.

All the best.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 16th September 2009 at 15:47.
Old 16th September 2009, 17:57   #32
BHPian

yes, Cedia has this bad habit of growing on you. your addiction to cars will grow. It also is a good car to yield to all the mods you are thinking of. As Gaurav pointed out the used car rate for a cedia is very very less.
Old 16th September 2009, 21:00   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwrockz View Post
What about about Fiat Linea?, It fits all of your requirements and its a nice car for more information please see the Fat India website.
lineas not the car for me. i need a powerful car which the linea is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Also check if Abix's modified cedia is still up for sale here in delhi or not. If it is I would say grab it, will save you time and money to modify it. Just that you will have to get it transferreed to Mumbai!

A used Civic will also be a great deal.

All the best.
i have the time to do the mods and i enjoy modding it. i dont want to buy an already modded car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car&me View Post
yes, Cedia has this bad habit of growing on you. your addiction to cars will grow. It also is a good car to yield to all the mods you are thinking of. As Gaurav pointed out the used car rate for a cedia is very very less.
yeah there are some great deals on used cedias.

guys what sort of mileage would an accord v6 give? i heard it gives 3-4 kmpl under hard driving?
Old 17th September 2009, 05:24   #34
bmwrockz

Ok Akshay, What about these choices, I think these are the best cars for you in my opinion, I have read your budget and I know you would consider my choice also

2009 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8 J (Petrol) - Manual Transmission approx Ex showroom price in Mumbai Rs. 9,65,000

2009 Hyundai New Verna VTVT (Petrol) - Manual Transmission - approx Ex showroom price Rs. 6,38,178 to Rs. 6,69,260

2009 Hyundai New Verna SX VTVT (Petrol) - Manual Transmission - approx Ex showroom prices in Mumbai Rs. 7,47,700 and Navi Mumbai Rs. 7,12,980 to Rs. 7,47,700

2009 Hyundai New Verna CRDi VGT (Diesel) - Manual Transmission - approx Ex showroom prices in Mumbai Rs. 7,89,150 and Navi Mumbai Rs. 7,52,680 to Rs. 7,89,150

2009 Hyundai New Verna SX CRDi VGT (Diesel) - Manual Transmission - approx Ex showroom prices in Mumbai Rs. 8,41,481 and Navi Mumbai Rs. 8,02,578 to Rs. 8,41,481

2009 Hyundai New Verna SX CRDi VGT AT (Diesel) - Automatic Transmission - approx showroom prices in Mumbai Rs. 9,07,531 and Navi Mumbai Rs. 8,65,640 to Rs. 9,07,531

2009 Honda City 1.5 S MT - Manual Transmission - approx showroom prices in Mumbai Rs. 8,84,200 and Navi Mumbai Rs. 8,43,082

2009 Honda City 1.5 V MT - Manual Transmission - approx showroom prices in Mumbai Rs. 9,31,400 and Navi Mumbai Rs. 8,88,087

2009 Honda City 1.5 V AT - Automatic Transmission - approx showroom prices in Mumbai Rs. 10,07,000 and Navi Mumbai Rs. 9,60,171

2009 Ford New Fiesta 1.6 Duratec EXI (Petrol) - Manual Transmission - approx showroom prices in Mumbai Rs. 6,44,140 and Navi Mumbai Rs. 6,07,000 to Rs. 6,44,140

2009 Ford New Fiesta 1.6 Duratec SXI (Petrol) - Manual Transmission - approx ex showroom prices in Mumbai Rs. 7,35,238 and Navi Mumbai Rs. 6,94,000 to Rs. 7,35,238

2009 Ford New Fiesta 1.6 Duratec S (Petrol) - Manual Transmission - approx ex showroom prices in Mumbai Rs. 7,40,477 and Navi Mumbai Rs. 6,99,000 to Rs. 7,40,477

2009 Ford New Fiesta 1.4 TDCi SXI (Diesel) - Manual Transmission - approx ex showroom prices in Mumbai Rs. 8,32,939 and Navi Mumbai Rs. 7,94,000 to Rs. 8,32,939

2009 Ford New Fiesta 1.6 Duratec ZXI (ABS+EBD) (Petrol) - Manual Transmission - approx ex showroom prices in Mumbai Rs. 6,77,565 and Navi Mumbai Rs. 6,39,000 to Rs. 6,77,565

2009 Ford New Fiesta 1.4 TDCi ZXI (ABS+EBD) (Petrol) - Manual Transmission - ex showroom prices in Mumbai Rs. 7,73,179 and Navi Mumbai Rs. 7,37,000 to Rs. 7,73,179

Also consider the New ford Ikon.

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 1.4 LS (Petrol) - Manual Transmission - ex showroom prices in Mumbai Rs. 6,26,595 and Navi Mumbai Rs. 5,96,981 to Rs. 6,26,595

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 1.6 LT Option Pack (Petrol) - Manual Transmission (prices not available contact the dealer)

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 1.4 LT (Petrol) - Manual Transmission - ex showroom prices in Mumbai Rs. 7,07,928 and Navi Mumbai Rs. 6,74,438 to Rs. 7,07,928

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 1.4 LT with ABS (Petrol) - Manual Transmission - ex showroom prices in Mumbai Rs. 7,37,559 and Navi Mumbai Rs. 7,02,619 to Rs. 7,37,559

2009 Chevrolet Aveo 1.6 LT with ABS (Petrol) - Manual Transmission - ex showroom prices in Mumbai Rs. 7,79,377 and Navi Mumbai Rs. 7,42,500 to Rs. 7,79,377.

Please consider other brands also and contact the respective dealers for the the correct prices, these prices mentioned here are indicative prices to help you out.

Take a good decision and consider the vehicle which would suit your needs, Our (Team-BHP) prayers and help are with you.

Inshallah my heart tells me that you would give us the good news very soon.

Old 24th September 2009, 00:48   #35
Senior - BHPian

Akshay - A used Civic or a used Cedia is going to be your best choice based on your parameters. An Accord I wouldn't choose for mods or sporty driving.

If you can increase the budget, the new version of the Cedia looks to be bang on!
Old 24th September 2009, 02:18   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are a couple of questions:
- Is this car going to be a family car, or only your car?
- Will this car be an addition to your current cars?

I ask this because it would help judge the other factors of the car, such as other uses and importance of reliability and time spent on fine tuning.

Here are my suggestions:
- Ignore the Accord. Poor high speed stability, unless you get the 2001-03 Accord for 3.5 and mod it up nicely.
- Similarly ignore the Camry. It is like driving a boat!
- Civic is a nice option, but not sure about high speeds.
- Cedia is a nice option as well. I don't think there should be problems modifying it.
- Fiesta S is the car to buy, which can support basic mods and will be reliable too.

However, if you want a car that can impress people owning Porsches and BMWs and Audis, then here is my suggestion.
- Mondeo: You will get one cheap, is solid fun to drive, looks amazing, fully loaded, can be modified though parts may need to be imported, is safe, and very stable at speed. Last time I checked, Quickdraw was looking at selling off his nicely done up Mondeo. Do check it out.
Also, even though maintainance will be more than Hondas, the cheaper cost of buying will definitely help you out in the future.
- 2001-03 Accord: The first gen. Very understated, superb to drive, powerful, and IMO the most comfortable and stable of all accords sold in India. Can be got cheap, will run for miles, and can be done up well.
- Mitsubishi Cedia - I am surprised you say that this car doesn't have mod potential. Any reason for that?
Old 24th September 2009, 12:20   #37
Senior - BHPian

Phew... totally floored by bmwrockz post

Jokes apart, to be frank I am too into a bit confusion now a days and requirements are too a bit similar of mine. Somehow I find a civic will be most suitable for your requirements wherein it is a beauty of it's own and can be seriously modded as well due to heavenly available mods for Honda engines.

Try to fork out a used less mileage Civic.
Old 24th September 2009, 15:48   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Akshay - A used Civic or a used Cedia is going to be your best choice based on your parameters. An Accord I wouldn't choose for mods or sporty driving.

If you can increase the budget, the new version of the Cedia looks to be bang on!
yup so i guess ill take a look at those 2. but wont the accord improve if i get a coilover set on it? i think it would. but a segment smaller than the accord will probably be easier to manage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Here are a couple of questions:
- Is this car going to be a family car, or only your car?
only my car.
- Will this car be an addition to your current cars?
yes it will. in any case the other 2 are due for replacement sometime next year.

I ask this because it would help judge the other factors of the car, such as other uses and importance of reliability and time spent on fine tuning.

Here are my suggestions:
- Ignore the Accord. Poor high speed stability, unless you get the 2001-03 Accord for 3.5 and mod it up nicely.
- Similarly ignore the Camry. It is like driving a boat!
- Civic is a nice option, but not sure about high speeds.
- Cedia is a nice option as well. I don't think there should be problems modifying it.
- Fiesta S is the car to buy, which can support basic mods and will be reliable too.
i want a segment higher than the fiesta. i find it a bit small. otherwise i wouldve picked this one up.

However, if you want a car that can impress people owning Porsches and BMWs and Audis, then here is my suggestion.
- Mondeo: You will get one cheap, is solid fun to drive, looks amazing, fully loaded, can be modified though parts may need to be imported, is safe, and very stable at speed. Last time I checked, Quickdraw was looking at selling off his nicely done up Mondeo. Do check it out.
Also, even though maintainance will be more than Hondas, the cheaper cost of buying will definitely help you out in the future.
- 2001-03 Accord: The first gen. Very understated, superb to drive, powerful, and IMO the most comfortable and stable of all accords sold in India. Can be got cheap, will run for miles, and can be done up well.
- Mitsubishi Cedia - I am surprised you say that this car doesn't have mod potential. Any reason for that?
both the mondeo and the first gen accord are too old for my liking. also i dont wanna pick up a pre modded car. no1 knows how its been used. i want a good condition used car.

well ive heard that the cedia engine dosent give big gains on mods like turbocharging, id love to be proved wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Phew... totally floored by bmwrockz post

Jokes apart, to be frank I am too into a bit confusion now a days and requirements are too a bit similar of mine. Somehow I find a civic will be most suitable for your requirements wherein it is a beauty of it's own and can be seriously modded as well due to heavenly available mods for Honda engines.

Try to fork out a used less mileage Civic.
all posts seem to be pointing towards the cedia and the civic.

ill wait till my exams etc finish the ill start checking out cars. watch this space.
Old 24th September 2009, 16:02   #39
Team-BHP Support

Buy a spark!

You wont have to worry about parking space in college, worry about the ice cream stains left by your buddies and peacefully let your Girl friend or friend drive
Old 24th September 2009, 19:57   #40
Senior - BHPian

Akshay,why not a used Elantra?
Old 24th September 2009, 20:40   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Akshay,why not a used Elantra?
again too old even though it has all the features. wow i am fussy.
Old 24th September 2009, 21:07   #42
Senior - BHPian

Just get the Civic or the new Cedia. Save yourself the trouble.
Old 24th September 2009, 23:14   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
yup so i guess ill take a look at those 2. but wont the accord improve if i get a coilover set on it? i think it would. but a segment smaller than the accord will probably be easier to manage.
Its not only the suspension, the car is also bigger and heavier and you don't need either of those especially if you intend to modify the car. Plus, both the Civic & the Cedia have much more of a sporty image that would suit you rather than the Accord.
Old 24th September 2009, 23:36   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

After TDíng the Cedia, I cannot recommend it enough! Get that eyes closed. Thread closed.
Old 24th September 2009, 23:50   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
After TDíng the Cedia, I cannot recommend it enough! Get that eyes closed. Thread closed.
Cos you've not driven a car with power yet!

I would suggest a used RS. Good ones now cost 5 lakhs. Spend a lakh on the usual spares, another 2 on mods, ICE and you're set. Something to keep up with a BMW and it's pretty classy too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks