Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 12:34   #91
Senior - BHPian

After going through the thread it seems that you are still undecided after one year. New cars with hundreds of options will keep coming up every day. If you wait for the optimum, you may end up waiting till eternity. You have already lost a year do not loose any more.

What fits the best is either a Maruti or a Hyundai. You get every thing - Low cost, low maintenance, good resale value and a reasonable ride quality. Within the price range of 6-10L you will get a wide choice with both these brands. Hence if you are buying a vehicle for back seat passengers and the use is going to be low, opt for either the Swift or the i20 as you may not require the boot often. Otherwise the SX4 or Verna.

Buy the base models with ABS for added safety. Add mods with money saved.
Old 24th September 2010, 13:51   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
After going through the thread it seems that you are still undecided after one year. New cars with hundreds of options will keep coming up every day. If you wait for the optimum, you may end up waiting till eternity. You have already lost a year do not loose any more.

Hence if you are buying a vehicle for back seat passengers and the use is going to be low, opt for either the Swift or the i20 as you may not require the boot often. Otherwise the SX4 or Verna.

Buy the base models with ABS for added safety. Add mods with money saved.
I guess you are referring to my initial post. As stated in previous post, we have decided to get vento/city by Nov/Dec. Most probably it will be in mid Nov. We have decided to spend more than we initially thought that's why this wait.

We have unofficially booked Vento, but delivery time is Nov/Dec in Baroda so we are still thinking what to do. We haven't paid any deposit, but we know the manager there, so as soon as he gets some info we will do the needful.

Also the issue of replacing santro with another hatchback is doing rounds in our family. So its still not sure what to do. We may go back to dzire/fiesta/verna and get another hatchback or go the whole hog and get the vento/city and hatchback - mostly i10/figo/polo
Old 24th September 2010, 15:35   #93
BANNED

As you approach the first anniversary of your initial post you should decide. The discussion will only go round in circles. There is no 'best' vehicle. You have to combine the requirements, money, service availability and cost, etc. and then come to a decision. Also, new cars and variants will always be coming. In my view do not pick up a vehicle because of some 'deal' being offered. After a couple of years this will look silly.
Old 28th September 2010, 18:27   #94
Senior - BHPian

Dilemma AGAIN!!!

Here is the scenario. My parents test drove Vento. They found it smooth and liked it. Then they test drove city and they were of the same opinion.

Here is the deal. Vento highline cost Rs. 9.33 lakhs on-road in Baroda. Honda City SMT cost Rs. 9.72 lakhs on-road Baroda.

Here are some issues

1: City has Rs. 25k off which is basically insurance and Rs. 10k cash (this is fixed, could be more) due to corporate discount. So it comes out to Rs 9.37 lakhs on road Baroda.

2: Vento waiting - minimum 2 months. City available in less than 10 days.

3: Parents willing to go for E-MT in City, that is Rs. 9.22 lakhs on-road minus Rs. 25k off and Rs. 5k of accessories. So approx Rs.8.97 lakhs on-road.

Situation is very volatile, if this doesn't fall in place, dzire ZXi and i10/i20 is fixed. Since ZXi will be Rs 7 lakhs on-road, some discounts, santro will be sold and i10/i20 will be bought.

Now what to do? Please advice.

Last edited by chevelle : 28th September 2010 at 18:29.
Old 29th September 2010, 09:23   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Dilemma AGAIN!!!
2: Vento waiting - minimum 2 months. City available in less than 10 days.

3: Parents willing to go for E-MT in City, that is Rs. 9.22 lakhs on-road minus Rs. 25k off and Rs. 5k of accessories. So approx Rs.8.97 lakhs on-road.

Now what to do? Please advice.
Very simple. Forget Vento and get the City ASAP. You get known and reliable vehicle and that too with practically no waiting!
Old 1st October 2010, 11:08   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
My comments in bold:

EDIT: Kindly look at models (whether Linea/Fiesta or something else) with ABS and Airbags: even for extensive city use - safety should be very high on your list especially since your parents will be using it primarily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
[list] [*]Reliability/Hastle free experience in a span of 7+ years - Fiesta [*]Maintenance Costs/Service/Spares - Both - give or take [*]Fuel consumption (if there is significant difference) - Linea, I doubt you will able to control fiesta for what its worth [*]Overall ownership experience - Both are at par, fiesta a wee bit better. [*]Depreciation - Fiesta, considering Fiat's current status, who knows whats in store after 7-10 yrs I have opined keeping in mind Fiesta 1.6 Zxi and Linea 1.4 Petrol. Bring in 1.4 TJet and the situation changes a bit. Good luck
Thanks for all the help guys. We booked a Linea Dynamic finally, taking delivery by the end of this Oct (as my parents won't be in town this month). Will post the pics later.

Do anyone of you know if it is possible to fix a double din headunit to the car? Just wanted to know, before I take up this conversation on a different thread.
Old 2nd October 2010, 23:30   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by battada View Post
Thanks for all the help guys. We booked a Linea Dynamic finally, taking delivery by the end of this Oct (as my parents won't be in town this month). Will post the pics later.

Do anyone of you know if it is possible to fix a double din headunit to the car? Just wanted to know, before I take up this conversation on a different thread.
Congrats Battada! Please post pics and the usual details. I am in the market for a new car in a couple of months and would be interested to see your OTR price as well.
Old 15th October 2010, 15:59   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Congrats Battada! Please post pics and the usual details. I am in the market for a new car in a couple of months and would be interested to see your OTR price as well.
Sure. OTR is as follows-

Exshowroom: 687987
Insurance: 24500
Total: 800210

Discounts:
Insurance +Exchange bonus (10k)+extended warranty (5k) +cash discount 8k -5k for Foxtrot Azure (color)
Final OTR: 7.68L

Hope this helps.
Old 21st November 2010, 17:29   #99
Senior - BHPian

Finally a year's search has ended. Well almost.

We have decided on getting i20 to our home.

Some basic reasons for i20 over vento/city/linea/dzire.

- Have been Hyundai customer since almost 5 years and the dealership experience (both sales and service) is fantastic each time we go. I have lost count of how many times we have went to Hyundai showroom. Each time it feels great.

- Budget had to be drastically reduced by around 3 lakhs. As of now keeping to 7 lakhs and less if possible. Too many expenses in past 3 months including two bikes, lcd tvs, house renovation and then some more.

- My bro is gonna pay for the car. Priorities are a bit different for him right now.

- Dzire has 4 months waiting for petrol in Vadodara, Vento has 6 months waiting and City is available in 21 days but is turning out to be expensive.

Now, since its all clear, i need advice on two questions asap.

1. The ownership threads have lots of complains about Steering rattle, AC and Drifting to right or left. Should i be worried? Is this problem solved in 2010 cars?

2. We have three options in terms of which version - Magna, Sportz, Asta. Confused which to go for.

Logic says get Asta. Problem is dealer is unwilling to commit on delivery date since they are facing issues with tires supply and brakes supply. Magna and Sportz has 4 weeks delivery time.

Now isn't all variants having same tires? Or is it different make for different versions?

Difference between Magna and Asta is Rs. 90k. While Sportz is Rs. 27k more than Magna.

My parents are keen on Magna, while i want them to go the whole hog and get Asta, get safety features but wait is a major hindrance since we need it in 1 and half month while it looks like not possible with Asta.

Please advice. The car is gonna be booked tomorrow.

Last edited by chevelle : 21st November 2010 at 17:40.
Old 24th November 2010, 19:44   #100
Senior - BHPian

Update

Here is the final update.

As things stand today, we have booked Hyundai i20 Sportz (o). Delivery time is estimated 3-4 weeks.

Hope to get it early and will post ownership report soon.

Thank You all for your valuable contribution to this thread. Even though it didn't go the way we liked, its all in good cause.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks