Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2009, 15:26   #31
BHPian

Buying a car only because its picked and dropped free of cost ! this is some kinda of getting convinced , i must say.

i have never had a problem with dealer here nor i have seen any attitude with any of them. you get what you give !

comparing a cedia to an auto ( after dalda to an ANHC)! and an auto doing 150 on a highway !

one has to think a lot to resale, since it may pull you further south, isnt it ? its always a good decision to own through the life. agreed.

being less on the road is exclusivety !!!, well what would a guy driving a three wheeled tempo or an standard herald think of this, forget being looked twice, one would be stunned and would envy the simple guy driving these exclusive vehicles.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 4th December 2009 at 15:29.
Old 4th December 2009, 15:29   #32
BHPian

Imp!, Laura is great car. I guess the choice of heart won here.

Coming to the head, I freaked out by the *** stories. Did you do any research on that. How does the A*S now? has it improved?
Old 4th December 2009, 15:44   #33
BHPian

Laura is great car ! but the after sales service leaves a lot to be desired ! After hearing to the horrifying stories, one has to think hundred times and its takes a Lion Heart to decide to buy one !

its an irony that 50 k sales figure didnt convince, but takes just 3 posts to convince about ANHC. people are so scared about ANHC taking over other cars, that they start to wrong spell it. keep it up ANHC !

A tree falls in the forest, and nobody knows about it, so it is as good as it didnt fall. A guy is convinced or not convinced & another calling it a crap hardly matters to the sales of ANHC.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 4th December 2009 at 15:57.
Old 4th December 2009, 15:49   #34
BHPian

Great, I admit it; AHNC is a great car.
yes, the dealers and Service center may have an attitude, but AHNC its a great car. Yes, the maintenance is bit higher, but AHNC is great car.
Yes, its Honda and therefore a premium price, but AHNC is a great car.

But I am one of those few people who would drive an auto or tempo or standard Herald, as long as the THING I drive pleases me. for now cedia is the one pleasing me and AHNC is scaring me.

Imp! its good that you did not go for any of these cars and Laura has pleased you. Please keep us posted on your way to Laura.
Old 4th December 2009, 16:13   #35
BHPian

@imp !

Laura is indeed an amazing car, but petrol could be a white elephant in terms of FE i hear (the dealer here was not clearly giving a number when I was considering this car, but i read in some sites that it is somewhere around 6 -7 to the litre which scared the crap out of me). So, you might rather stick to the Diesel variant. Wish you all the very best on your decision, i do hope you enjoy your Skoda....

Also as a side note, the new lancer to be launched is in a totally different segment the Evo X is expected to be anywhere around 22 - 23 based on the information on various sites.

@nandnan - I am not sure if i understood your post correctly and also not sure if you understood it correctly eitherways i had a good laugh. If you are from Honda, i am sorry about losing your sale, but nothing personal, its just a forum of people genuinely sharing their views. Cheers.

Also one morething, for the benefit of everyone, let me just make it clear that I do think Honda city is a great car and i always loved my city its the bad service experience and the fact that 10L can buy a better car (infact a segment higher) has made me realize that ANHC is probably not worth the price tag anymore. If i have to pay more money just to get higher resale value, it still doesnt work for me...

Last edited by kartho : 4th December 2009 at 16:20.
Old 4th December 2009, 16:36   #36
BHPian

kartho,

neither did i understand this post of yours, since this post contradicts the earlier post of yours !

i am not from Honda nor a spokes person for them. 10 guys not buying a honda hardly matters. But buying a troubled car for oneself may prove costly to the guy buying it.

Likewise to you, If you are from HM , I am sorry about you losing a sale !

I am only trying to drive a point home that each car is one's own choice. There is no need to call other car a crap or whatever. I too drive my friend's cedia, but i dont go about everywhere saying bad about it or i go about saying ANHC is the ultimate car. Inturn if i am doing it, i am only saying that my friend's decision to buy it is wrong hurting his sentiments, emotions. We should get that much more matured about anything. There is no need to bad mouth anybody's buy.Its uncalled for.

Each car is good in its own way and no car is perfect either.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 4th December 2009 at 16:48.
Old 4th December 2009, 16:55   #37
BHPian

Nandan, no hard feelings. I was trying to drive my point too, just have to replace Honda with HM and City with cedia in your post. I never meant to hurt your sentiments. I feel bad

Lets stop driving our points and drive our cars.

Imp! waiting for your research story on skoda's A*S. Laura has always been in my radar
Old 4th December 2009, 17:12   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartho View Post

Also as a side note, the new lancer to be launched is in a totally different segment the Evo X is expected to be anywhere around 22 - 23 based on the information on various sites.
Evo X and new Lancer are different cars eventhough they look very simillar and share a common platform.
New lancer should be priced in the range of Civic/Corolla, which is where Cedia also started I suppose.
While dimensionally Cedia falls bit short of Corollas, the new Lancer would be right there.

Last edited by Guna : 4th December 2009 at 17:18.
Old 4th December 2009, 17:20   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Evo X and new Lancer are different cars eventhough they look very simillar and share a common platform.
New lancer should be priced in the range of Civic/Corolla, which is where Cedia also started I suppose.
Thats right.
I am in fact looking for the 'New Lancer' and I hope they launch the 2010 Lancer version here. I caught a pic of Lancer Sportsback from Mitsu's American website and its an absolute stunner. Here it is:
Attached Images
File Type: bmp lancer2.bmp (569.6 KB, 146 views)

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 4th December 2009 at 17:23.
Old 5th December 2009, 10:21   #40
BHPian

So you guys have me convinced!!! Cedia test is being set up again. As far as we are concerned, the ANHC is out. They could have sold a million Cities but it doesn't change the fact the car is terrible ( no offence to any body but after the test drive and the sales experience, I am very very dogmatic in my view of Honda in general and city in particular!)
Old 5th December 2009, 10:31   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Hey All,

Here is the lowdown. We have a 2003/2004 Honda City that needs replacing. We have somewhat narrowed it down to:

1) Laura Petrol

I definitely perceive this car as value for money. Most of the issues I have seen with Skoda cars have to do with DSG issues and Turbo blow outs in their Diesel cars. This car just feels so well put together, drives phenomenally well that I have to consider it.

2) ANHC:

It is an excellent car, I drove it a few days back and frankly, the engine tuning leaves a little to be desired. The interiors are also not as plush as my current City, however there seems to be a trend to go with brushed aluminium these days, so that I don't mind so much. The plastics seems a little below par for the premium this car is charging.

Pricing:

At 15.7 lacs on road in Bangalore, the Laura is expensive but for what it is, is excellent value for money.

The City is 10.7 odd on road in Bangalore and this is irking me. The car certainly seems over priced but within its segment is considered value for money.

Whilst we can afford the Laura, Dad wants to replace the city with another smallish car and replace our Innova with a Laura or something else similar in 18-24 months, he feels that this will allow him more leeway especially because he can consider a Diesel to replace the Innova. Whatever we buy now, has to be petrol.

I feel the city is extremely over priced in Bangalore, but maybe that is just me. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers!

imp
Hey Imp !

why this contradiction about your own opinions ? ? ?

you seem quite confused.

Anyway all the best !
Old 5th December 2009, 10:38   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
They could have sold a million Cities but it doesn't change the fact the car is terrible
'They could have sold a million Cities but it doesn't change the fact the car is terrible in my opinion' makes it look better.
Old 5th December 2009, 10:53   #43
BHPian

stepping on toes maybe?

So about my seeming contradictory views, I am new here, if you notice, I have just graduated to being a BHPian from being a Newbie. I am also members of a pretty popular DSLR forum, and anyone new there who disses what people consider to be the holy grail is not really received very well. There is no Dearth of good and pertinent information here so I wanted to get objective views. If you truly want to know my opinions on the ANHC here it is:

At a first glance, the car looks good, infact the fit of everthing the car has is excellent, the finish though, makes it look like someone fell asleep halfway through the design deadline and the rushed things in the last ten minutes. The car is high on power yes? and low on torque (maybe to give better fuel economy); as a result the car hardly moves. If this was such a big deal, I am sure many people would have preferred a smaller (less powerful) but more Torquey engine. The music system has been designed to need MAJOR mods to the dashboard to upgrade, and the system is ruddy terrible. The "V" version must be hondas desire to pull fast ones over Indians. The Alloys are terrible, the upgrade to the music system is appalling, requiring expensive mods!
I really have nothing against people who think the city is great ( I do think it is a good car, but at several lacs cheaper); and also I have nothing against people who love the car who are responding to this thread. I infact really value your inputs, I just didn't wish to step on anyones toes. I hope by being so frank, I am not being perceived as rude, I am only speaking my mind because I value the forum members objectivity and opinions enough to let them know what I feel.

Cheers !

imp!
Old 5th December 2009, 10:56   #44
BHPian

Sorry Guna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
'They could have sold a million Cities but it doesn't change the fact the car is terrible in my opinion' makes it look better.
My bad; was replying on a mobile phone. Back in the office now so I can type without breaking my thumbs and squinting my eyes. I sincerely apologize to anyone who takes any offense, none was intended :=)
Old 5th December 2009, 11:08   #45
BHPian

opinions are welcome, but only if not confused opinions.

one needs to understand a car engine's design before even talking about power and torque.

so let it be. a vague opinion hardly matters for a car which sells well and has been selling well and will sell well for many years to come.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks