Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2010, 23:26   #1
BHPian

Which Sedan should I go for

I have been extensively reading through TBHP forums - both What car and other threads on which car to buy but want some advice on the aletrnatives I have so here goes the req specs:-

1. Must be a Sedan - need the boot space
2. Usage is 2000 to 2300 Kms a month
3. Must be spacious to seat 5 adults in relative comfort
4. Will mostly be chauffeur driven but will be driven by me and by my wife on weekends/long drives
5. ABS and at least 2 airbags in the front are a must.
6. Not very particular about looks - function wins over form (this will be the family sedan)
7. Now for the most important criteria - the price must be 8 lakhs or less.

So guys your valuable suggestions please.
Old 13th January 2010, 23:45   #2
BHPian

The Manza (Quadrajet) fits all your requirements!
Old 13th January 2010, 23:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

I would say - Fiat Linea diesel.
Old 13th January 2010, 23:51   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
That would be out of budget I think!
Old 13th January 2010, 23:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

If I were you, I would go for either Tata Manza or Ford Fiesta.
Tata Manza for the good engine they have and the amount of features they have packed in to the car. But would advise you for waiting for some market feedback on the same.
Ford Fiesta - As recommended by manu users, this would be a perfect fit for your requirement, only thing that you need to think is its pretty old in market and nearing its end.
Toyota Etios Sedan - I would also recommend wait for Etios sedan(as you are not particular about the looks of it) and see how this fits your pocket (it might have a shocker of a tag), my intution says it would be priced in a great manner.
Old 14th January 2010, 00:16   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
Yes, that is the first car that came to my mind too. In fact have booked a TD for this Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Quote:
That would be out of budget I think!
Agree - it is out of budget though would have loved owning it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
If I were you, I would go for either Tata Manza or Ford Fiesta.
Tata Manza for the good engine they have and the amount of features they have packed in to the car. But would advise you for waiting for some market feedback on the same.
Ford Fiesta - As recommended by manu users, this would be a perfect fit for your requirement, only thing that you need to think is its pretty old in market and nearing its end.
Toyota Etios Sedan - I would also recommend wait for Etios sedan(as you are not particular about the looks of it) and see how this fits your pocket (it might have a shocker of a tag), my intution says it would be priced in a great manner.
Ford Fiesta - also in reckoning - it's a fantastic drivers car - more over I can get a friends and family discount on this one - though may be out of budget even after the discount as only SXI has airbags and that costs 9.15 Lakhs OTR here in Chennai
As fot Toyota Etios, can't wait for so long as I have to have the car in the next 3 months or so.
Old 14th January 2010, 00:51   #7
BHPian

Have you considered the Maruti SX4 Zxi or the Chevy Aveo LT?

The SX4 is definitely a driver's car and the new model is supposed to have improved suspension.
Old 14th January 2010, 00:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

If Linea & Fiesta exceeds your budget, go for the new Indigo Manza. If you can live with its looks (better than Desire) it'll be a good buy.
Old 14th January 2010, 07:20   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
I have been extensively reading through TBHP forums - both What car and other threads on which car to buy but want some advice on the aletrnatives I have so here goes the req specs:-

1. Must be a Sedan - need the boot space
2. Usage is 2000 to 2300 Kms a month
3. Must be spacious to seat 5 adults in relative comfort
4. Will mostly be chauffeur driven but will be driven by me and by my wife on weekends/long drives
5. ABS and at least 2 airbags in the front are a must.
6. Not very particular about looks - function wins over form (this will be the family sedan)
7. Now for the most important criteria - the price must be 8 lakhs or less.

So guys your valuable suggestions please.
Since you have started searching,it means your heart now yearns for a car ASAP.

Go for the Manza Quadrajet;it is the best VFM package around for the features

Dzire Zdi would be next on my list.
Old 14th January 2010, 07:35   #10
SMK
BHPian

Looking at your requirements the only new car which would fit your last and most important criteria would the Manza or the DZire ZDi with a ridiculous waiting period. I dont see the Fiesta or the Linea meeting this requirement.

Since you are looking at high mileage 2000 - 2300 kms per month, diesel sedans are highly recommended.
Hence the only option for NEW car would be the Manza which meets your requirement to the T unless you want to also look at the Pre Used car market where you can look at loads of options on that kind of budget.

Keep us posted on your decision and Happy Hunting period.
Cheers!

Last edited by SMK : 14th January 2010 at 07:38.
Old 14th January 2010, 09:05   #11
BHPian

Personally I feel you should go for Fiesta (I know you will have to stretch your budget for it). I own it and it's a true Driver's car. Test drive it for once.

The next option is to go for Manza. It will fit your pocket well. But again, I am not too confident about Tata products as I have had a bad experience with Tata Indigo. I know that Tata's have improved a lot and Manza has got some amazing reviews, but I still suggest you wait for some long term ownership reports from existing Manza owners and then take a decision on Manza.
Old 14th January 2010, 09:37   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post

Tata Manza
for the good engine they have and the amount of features they have packed in to the car. But would advise you for waiting for some market feedback on the same.

Ford Fiesta -// space is an issue

Toyota Etios Sedan
- // 5lac plus for base when it will be launched, but when?
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
Yes, that is the first car that came to my mind too. In fact have booked a TD for this Monday

As fot Toyota Etios, can't wait for so long as I have to have the car in the next 3 months or so.
Do update us about the TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK View Post

Since you are looking at high mileage 2000 - 2300 kms per month, diesel sedans are highly recommended.

Keep us posted on your decision and Happy Hunting period.
Cheers!
Do check similar threads too to get a wider feedback of newer cars in market.
Old 14th January 2010, 10:30   #13
BHPian

Since your running is above 2k kms, obviously diesel variants will be the first in everyone's mind, but since you also have a cap of 8L, you have very few diesel sedans that would fit within this budget. Since you are so tight on the budget, i would recommend you go for a petrol sedan because the Fuel savings on Diesel cars are anyways (almost) set off by maintenance costs, resale loss & drive quality.

If fuel costs are not a concern for you, then you should seriously consider the New SX4 ZXi. I would not recommend a Fiesta in your case as the car will be chauffer driven most times and Fiesta's rear legroom/comfort does not give a Sedan feel, with all due respect its a driver's car and not the best option for Chauffer driven cars. Also anyways the Fiesta diesel will be way out of your budget !

If you are keen on a diesel sedan, wait for the SX4 diesel, the SX4 VDi may just about fit in your budget - but if the safety features on the SX4 diesel are disappointing you can also consider the Dzire. I would not consider a Manza till the car proves for itself over time, IMO tata cars are better bought in the second or third year of launch rather than in the very first year - you can evaluate based on the evolution of Indica over the years ! Some companies probably leave most of the r&d to the buyers and may not have put their cars through sufficient road tests prior to the launch, these are my thoughts and experience ! Best wishes for your search !

Last edited by kartho : 14th January 2010 at 10:32.
Old 14th January 2010, 10:43   #14
Senior - BHPian

If you are going to drive the car, then I suggest go for Ford Fiesta. (you will feel the difference once you go for TD)
Old 14th January 2010, 12:23   #15
BHPian

My choice is below :-

Hyundai Verna (CRDI)
Ford Fiesta
Tata Manza (Quadrajet)
SX4 Zxi (Petrol)

Why not a MUV...
Innova
XYLO

These are also good value for money options. And Now you will get all the safty feature with great comfort.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks