Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:01   #1
BHPian

Diesel sedan between 13 to 20 lac

Looking for a diesel sedan with the above mentioned price range. Short listed the Cruze and Laura. Car is mostly going to be chauffeur driven in town for everyday shopping. Should have good boot space and and rear leg room.
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:05   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
Looking for a diesel sedan with the above mentioned price range. Short listed the Cruze and Laura. Car is mostly going to be chauffeur driven in town for everyday shopping. Should have good boot space and and rear leg room.
well both cars are the opposite in those aspects. the laura has good bootspace but less legroom than the cruze but the cruze has a slightly smaller boot but more legroom. id take the cruze, you get a stonker of a diesel engine and its a few lacs cheaper than the laura.
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:21   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
well both cars are the opposite in those aspects. the laura has good bootspace but less legroom than the cruze but the cruze has a slightly smaller boot but more legroom. id take the cruze, you get a stonker of a diesel engine and its a few lacs cheaper than the laura.
Forgot to mention, it will be taking old people around ages 70-85. So need a good ride.

Power is not priority since I have my 320d and others
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:33   #4
BHPian

i guess you should look at VW Jetta as an option has a very nice ride quality
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

See, if you can consider an SUV for the price you afford, opt in for Toyota Fortuner or Chevy Captiva & that should be the most comfortable vehicle.

If you still opt in for a Sedan, my vote on basis of comfort will be for Laura
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:07   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
See, if you can consider an SUV for the price you afford, opt in for Toyota Fortuner or Chevy Captiva & that should be the most comfortable vehicle.

I don't think an SUV would be an option, as its going to be used by people aged 75 to 80. Ingress and outgress will be an issue.

I'd recommend the Cruz, its cheaper, and IMO has more back seat space than the Laura.
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

Cruze might be better VFM but i dont think it would impress you in the legroom dept. How i wish Corolla Altis had a diesel!!!
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:39   #8
BHPian

Dear Indra,
The Cruze is well built car. Skoda Laura is also a very good option. The Cruze has better features, comfort but less boot space. I suggest you to have a test drive of both and decide. Most of the Goan roads are smooth, preferably some rough roads like some off stretches nearby Cortalim (Akshi-Kuttali) can be considered to test it.
As both cars are good, another factor is After Sales and Service network in Goa. You will be knowing better than me in Goa.
Also suggest to have a look in this sequence VW Jetta, Laura, Cruise, Linea.
Just a query. Are located at Madgaon? You may PM me.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 2nd February 2010 at 15:44.
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:44   #9
BHPian

Go for a VW Jetta Diesel top end variant... its got everything you need and comes within your budget !
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:59   #10
BHPian

I think an Innova is what you need. Easy ingress and egress for the elderly. Oodles and oodles of leg space and has a large trunk as well.
Old 2nd February 2010, 16:50   #11
BHPian

I would choose the cruze, and the laura a close second. Both have a stonkin engine and good build, but in your case performance doesnt seem to be your pressing criteria and comfort seems to be the primary concern. Since this is going to be for aged persons then you might want to look at aspects like NVH levels inside the cabins, the suspension setup, the rear leg room space, the ease of ingress and egress etc.

On second thoughts the mahindra xylo with its flat bed seats also might be to their liking and can be really comfortable. But getting in and out can be prove quite a challenge for the elderly.

Last edited by Rotorhead : 2nd February 2010 at 16:54.
Old 2nd February 2010, 16:59   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Go for the Laura. You already have a Superb so you're comfortable with Skoda. Your family seems to have a preference for German cars. Skoda's parent company is German. I'm sure you've already selected the colour. So go ahead and pick up a white Laura. Don't forget to put the "D" Oval sticker on the rear bumper.
Old 2nd February 2010, 17:16   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
i guess you should look at VW Jetta as an option has a very nice ride quality
Very ugly! And no room behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post

Already have a Captiva.

I think am being pulled toward the Laura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Go for the Laura. You already have a Superb so you're comfortable with Skoda. Your family seems to have a preference for German cars. Skoda's parent company is German. I'm sure you've already selected the colour. So go ahead and pick up a white Laura. Don't forget to put the "D" Oval sticker on the rear bumper.
The Laura it is then! And yes in white. Btw how do you know about the oval D's on our cars.(28 no plate also)
Old 2nd February 2010, 22:12   #14
BANNED

Quote:
The Laura it is then! And yes in white. Btw how do you know about the oval D's on our cars.(28 no plate also)
I forgot the 28. I've seen most of your cars mostly around Margao. I'll keep an eye on a white Laura with an oval D and number 28 whenever I come to Margao.
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:01   #15
BHPian

Why not a Sonata Embera Diesel?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks