Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2010, 19:37   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Quite certain. Even the Accord's leather isn't genuine Nappa grade. Does Skoda explicitly mention it to be Nappa grade in their literature?
Yes, very clearly on their website as well as brochures. Not Nappa "grade" but Nappa itself. I discussed the Nappa seats with the GM of the dealership today at the time of booking. He told me that except for the backside of the front seats, all the other leather, including on the arm rests and sides of the doors, was Nappa.

If this is not true then this is a big fraud. I'll be hounding the dealership on this issue first thing tomorrow. I have already sent a mail to Skoda India. Perhaps, you should too.
Old 26th April 2010, 11:17   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Quite certain. Even the Accord's leather isn't genuine Nappa grade. Does Skoda explicitly mention it to be Nappa grade in their literature?
Yes. It's all over the website. I'm quite certain that the car comes with Nappa leather.. what makes you say it isnt?
I had an accord which I just sold off, and the leather on that was much harder than the leather on the superb. Its definitely a level better.

As for precautions to take, just make sure that you get your petrol filled from a reliable pump. I put speed/power in my car just because I feel that it is less adulterated.
Also, make sure you dont go into sport mode till run-in is complete. (This is going to be hard)
Otherwise.. it will take you a couple of days atleast till you get a hang of the features, and then for about a week you will find a new feature in your car everyday that you didnt know existed
Make sure that you keep the car interiors clean, they look beautiful when clean.

Last edited by holysmoke : 26th April 2010 at 11:28.
Old 26th April 2010, 11:39   #33
BHPian

Congrats ivar for your superb. Enjoy the great car.

I would suggest you not to do any mods outside showroom until you and the car settle down completely.

Even fiitting a sun film involves removing the door pads, connect/disconnect electricals etc, and knowing Skoda its better to be safe for any untowards incident.
Old 26th April 2010, 12:09   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the car, you'll love it !

Do NOT waste money on Vcool . I speak by experience, I have the top grade Vcool on my BMW and Gareware grand on the other, there is no real difference.

Mudflaps come as factory fitments no need to put extra.
Old 26th April 2010, 12:17   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Congrats on the car, you'll love it !

Do NOT waste money on Vcool . I speak by experience, I have the top grade Vcool on my BMW and Gareware grand on the other, there is no real difference.

Mudflaps come as factory fitments no need to put extra.
Sahil, thanks for your response.

How much should the Gareware Grand cost? Is it good for the front windshield too?

I am told only the rear mud flaps come as standard and one has to pay extra for the front ones.
Old 26th April 2010, 12:21   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by holysmoke View Post
Yes. It's all over the website. I'm quite certain that the car comes with Nappa leather.. what makes you say it isnt?
I had an accord which I just sold off, and the leather on that was much harder than the leather on the superb. Its definitely a level better.

As for precautions to take, just make sure that you get your petrol filled from a reliable pump. I put speed/power in my car just because I feel that it is less adulterated.
Also, make sure you dont go into sport mode till run-in is complete. (This is going to be hard)
Otherwise.. it will take you a couple of days atleast till you get a hang of the features, and then for about a week you will find a new feature in your car everyday that you didnt know existed
Make sure that you keep the car interiors clean, they look beautiful when clean.
Thanks for the timely tips. I know what the run-in is but can you tell me please what is the maximum speed that I should keep and what is the run-in km period?
Old 26th April 2010, 12:32   #37
BHPian

Read the manual when you get the car. I think it says not to go above 3000 rpm till 1000 kms and then not to redline till 1500 and then you can go ahead.

To be safe, I would say for the first 2000 kms, be really light on the pedal.. the car will upshift, and you'll touch 100 before you know it anyways....
Old 26th April 2010, 12:33   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar1951 View Post
Sahil, thanks for your response.

How much should the Gareware Grand cost? Is it good for the front windshield too?

I am told only the rear mud flaps come as standard and one has to pay extra for the front ones.
Grand should cost you 10k. Even the regular Llumar steel serier and Garware NF series are good, they cost 3500 or so. If I were you I'd put Llumar Steel30 in grey/black shade, it will look best on your car and provide decent heat cut.
Front windshield is a different film. I use garware artic cool which cost 3000. Check out the sunfilm thread for more info.

The front also comes with mudflaps, they are small but get the job done, dont bother fitting extra.
Old 26th April 2010, 13:01   #39
BHPian

Quote:

Total: Rs.20,71,700 (including sun film).
At the risk of sounding delusional, that is cheap !!! In Bangalore, the exact same car will cost me 25% more !!!
Old 26th April 2010, 13:10   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
At the risk of sounding delusional, that is cheap !!! In Bangalore, the exact same car will cost me 25% more !!!
In Chandigarh, road tax is pocket money compared to what we're charged in Mumbai / Bangalore.
Old 26th April 2010, 13:43   #41
BHPian

Is there a thread on "number plate"? Search brought up nothing.
Old 26th April 2010, 18:01   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there a thread on "number plate"? Search brought up nothing.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tes-india.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...nse-plate.html
Old 26th April 2010, 18:09   #43
BHPian

Thank you for the links.
Old 27th April 2010, 10:52   #44
BHPian

After reading all the inputs to my queries, I've decided on the following:

1. No installing of the sun film until the car has "settled" down.

2. No "teflon" coating at time of delivery. Even later, may stick to wax, etc.

3. Will replace Goodyear tyres with CPC2 ones immediately on delivery.

I am already breathing easier. Thanks everyone.
Old 6th May 2010, 18:59   #45
BHPian

My garage is not very wide and, therefore, I'm apprehensive that I may hit the side wall with the door and thus damage the edge. I looked at a few door guards, not side strips, but did not spot a nice one. Any suggestions?

Note from Team-BHP Support : While the subject in the title of this thread has been sufficiently addressed, the discussion is now veering on to topics that have been discussed endlessly on the forum.

Please SEARCH; you'll find all the answers to these repeat questions. Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 7th May 2010 at 14:16. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks