Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2005, 14:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Chevrolet Optra

One of my colleague finalized with Chevrolet Optra 1.6 NY Elite with Biege (BIII). As per the price list, Ex-showroom price is Rs.785857/-, Insurance (non-individual) is Rs.29,570/- & Life time tax is Rs.47,152/-, Delivery charges is Rs.4000/-.

Hence the total comes to Rs.866551/-. MPL advertised that they are offering on road price of Optra at Ex-Showroom price, a discount of Rs. 80,722/-. When enquired, it was found this discount is applicable only for the buyers going through ICICI loans.

Discussions went on & they accepted to give a offer of Rs.56,579/- for outright purchase.

Here comes the question.

I want to push them for accessories (Cosmetic changes) worth Rs.20K, but really don't know what to ask for. Hence I request your help in that

For example: I heard that this particular model doen't come with body colored handle. Replacing it to body colored will cost Rs.2000/- like wise anyone could help me with details.
Old 28th September 2005, 15:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Out here in Kolkata they are giving only a 24K discount on the model you mentioned (i.e. prior to any serious negotiation). A further 31K discount if a loan is opted for.

So a 56K discount is pretty good bargain !

Just check one thing though. They mentioned they have some stock of grey upholstery 1.6s, having the same features as the Elite but does not have the Elite badging. For these cars, they have some additional discounts.
Maybe you can get one of these and then ask them to give the beige interiors
Old 28th September 2005, 19:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey surprise! Firstly nice choice with the Optra!

Now commin to the price in Mumbai they are saying 6.99 for Optra Elite Ex showroom! Tell them that you want body coloured door handles also which is being offered by another dealer!
Old 13th October 2005, 09:29   #4
BHPian

in hyderabad i took a discount of about 75K in June...
Old 13th October 2005, 23:12   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Body coloured door handles are not worth it,
Instead change the deck, get alloy wheels, fog lamps, leather seats.
Something more useful.
Old 14th October 2005, 01:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

i think body coloured door handles and ORV mirrors are the first upgrade you should get done ...car looks pathetic with black orv mirrors and door handles (unless ofcourse the car itself is black)..
you can then push for interior wooden trims and the stereo upgrade to the mp3 player with the 6 speaker set..
Old 22nd December 2005, 12:45   #7
BHPian

I just got my Optra 1.6's door handles and RVM colored matched to the body color even though my car is black.

The reason was that the car is sitting pretty in the sun all the time (no covered parking at office or home). The black vinyl changed color to grey in about 2-3 months (bought the car in July, so it had its share of the summer).
Now its back to being beautiful. Paid 1984 (incl of taxes).

I do wonder though, was it the sun? Or is the quality of the vinyl/plastic used on the door handles, RVM not that great?
Old 22nd December 2005, 14:46   #8
BHPian

i got 75K discount in Mumbai,got body coloured mirrors for free!
my accesory list
1. chrome plated inner and outer door handles
2. Autocop with engine demobiliser
3. Inner center console woode finish

and the rest i am buying from outside.
hope that helps
Old 22nd December 2005, 16:52   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
Out here in Kolkata they are giving only a 24K discount on the model you mentioned (i.e. prior to any serious negotiation). A further 31K discount if a loan is opted for.

Why there is extra discount only if you opt for loan? Isn't it possible that you take the loan, get extra discount and then pay the entire loan amount right away?
Old 22nd December 2005, 17:15   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbasak

Why there is extra discount only if you opt for loan? Isn't it possible that you take the loan, get extra discount and then pay the entire loan amount right away?[/left]
Because, when you a take loan at a discounted interest rate the interest savings you make are added to the Total discount amount on the car.
Secondly if you pay back the entire loan amount at one shot you will have to pay a 2%(depends on the bank) pre closure penalty on the balance loan amount .
Old 22nd December 2005, 18:02   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007
Because, when you a take loan at a discounted interest rate the interest savings you make are added to the Total discount amount on the car.
Secondly if you pay back the entire loan amount at one shot you will have to pay a 2%(depends on the bank) pre closure penalty on the balance loan amount .

In fact I would add to that... first of all foreclosure rates are higher. I enquired a few months back; it is 4% of the due amount with most of the banks. Yes, one may say SBI offers lower foreclosure rates or no penalties at all maybe. However getting a loan from SBI kind of banks will wear off your shoes. Their interest rates are also on the higher side. Secondly, most banks will not allow a foreclosure before at least 6 months have elapsed.
Old 22nd December 2005, 18:10   #12
Team-BHP Support

About those body colored door handles and ORVMS, I thought about these. I even enquired on all the pros and cons. IMO these are not necessarily the first thing to opt for. Reasons are varied. First of all, there are no such things as body colored plastic parts. They all come in black and then they are painted. Now things like ORVMS are prone to breakage, particularly in the choked busy cities. If you want to change one tomorrow you will again have to get it painted. The price for that (painting a one off piece) will not be a very pocket-friendly thing. If you have black ORVMs and door handles, along with black body side mouldings etc they add a variety to the monotonous single color (my opinion).

Finally, if you do want these accessories to be body colored go to a nice reputed garage that does denting-painting work on lot many cars... They always know the "formula" as they call it (basically the color's exact name and its manufacturer). They will do an equally good job of painting these parts and at 1/4th the cost. Check it out.
Old 10th February 2006, 19:35   #13
Senior - BHPian

what's he discount in bangalore?

am planning to buy the optra 1.6 base version, the dealers offer abt 70,000 off on a 2005 mfgd 1.6 with grey interiors and that too only select colors, what could i ask for in terms of freebies or better cash discounts
Old 21st February 2006, 14:51   #14
BHPian

I am planning on buying the Optra 1.6 NY beige interiors. The dealer offered to give me a discount of 50K. so it works out to about 8.3 on road in Chennai. Also asked him to throw in the Autocop and fog Lamps which he readily agreed upon.
Should I ask for anything else in case the deal isnt good enough.

Let me in on your thoughts
Old 21st February 2006, 21:36   #15
Senior - BHPian

lemon, is it the optra 1.6 ls, or the 1.6 elite or 1.6 base (beige), here am being offered 1.6 base with grey interiors at 8 lac otr, 4 yr or 80,000 km warranty and am still haggling for an mp3 player

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks