Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 11:01   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

What you have to look out for is corroded rubber. Most rubber parts would have gone bad thanks to negligible usage. On the positive side, you are getting a nearly new vRS...a car that's still unmatched in driving pleasure this side of 20 lakh rupees.

Best practices:

1. Get her completely checked up by a competent garage. Depending on where you go, the Rs. 1,000 - 4,000 service fee will be the best money you spend on this car.

2. If you do buy the car, get all worn rubber parts (pipes, bushings, tyres, door seals etc.) changed.
Old 8th April 2010, 11:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Whats the latest about the rs. Have you picked it up yet or decided not to?
Old 8th April 2010, 11:29   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by subodh View Post
2006 skoda Octavia vRS which has run ony 2500 Km
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What you have to look out for is corroded rubber.
2. If you do buy the car, get all worn rubber parts (pipes, bushings, tyres, door seals etc.) changed.
Include all hoses and all other rubber parts. You will need a very competent and honest mechanic.

You might also need a new battery, tyres, etc..
Old 8th April 2010, 15:13   #19
BHPian

Thanks for all the Info guys. went to check out the car with friend who works for JMD. The car looked in a good shape but had a wierd smell inside. The car was not driven for a very long period and i felt the car was damp from inside and thats why the smell. Was not sure about it though as the owner claimed it was stored properly in closed garage. But i had my doubts.

To top it up, the guy was asking for 7.5 lakh for the car!!!!!! My friend my JMD in sweet words told him to shove it up u know where. Finally he decided that he is going to retain the car instead of selling it as there is no value. After we left from there, my friend mentioned to me that she was sure that the car was not parked inside and maybe there was water leakage in the car for a very long time. Better to keep away from it.

Now i am left here in kind of situation like blood in tigers mouth.. have tested the sweet taste of driving the vRS and now i definitely have to get my hands on one.anyone someone help in finding one!!
Old 18th April 2010, 00:37   #20
BHPian

i think you should consider used civic.much much reliable than RS.
Old 18th April 2010, 01:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

You can buy the Octavia petrol (not sure if it is still available for sale) at a sweet discount and pimp it up the way you like with Stanley leather, alloy wheels and a body kit. Not quite the vRS but it is the same engine so I cannot see why it would perform any worse.
Old 18th April 2010, 22:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

Yea, the 1.8 Ambiente is still available, assuming you are suggesting a new buy. No difference in performance, and in fact, without the vRS body kit and other bells & whistles, it's probably faster in theory Never seen a comparo though.
The problem with a new Ambiente is, that at that price (10L+), a customer expects some more features and equipment than what is OE in the Ambiente. If one's after performance, though, it's definitely worth a thought.
Old 18th April 2010, 23:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

There is no point in buying a new Octavia now. Better keep looking for a good RS or a more reliable Civic.
Old 18th April 2010, 23:59   #24
BHPian

Half the fun of buying an Octavia RS is the sad resale and thus the more VFM.
Old 19th April 2010, 00:09   #25
BHPian

vRS is definitely available in the market, although a bit rare. Do some good scouting and you will surely land up with a good example. If you have a good budget (read 7l) and won't mind low fuel economy, forget the vRs and go for the Accord V6 eyes closed If you hate waiting, take a Cedia. Plenty of them there, for just about 5l.
Old 19th April 2010, 14:32   #26
BHPian

Would have loved to get my hands on an accord... but milage is the thing that has kept me away form it... with my average of around 1500 to 1700 km per month and not to mention sky rocketing petrol prices in pune, i would have to start living in the accord...
Old 23rd April 2010, 14:20   #27
evo
BHPian

In my head, the RS is much more than 1.8 Tpi with bells and whistles. It was and still is (for me atleast) a hero car. Eventhough most of the hero(ism) comes from the engine, I doubt I would have felt the same about it seeing it with plastic wheel caps in a staid gold colour !

The sports seats with bolstering, the nice vrs embossing in places, the gaping intakes etc. do add to the soul IMO.
Old 26th April 2010, 15:41   #28
BHPian

I agree Evo.... When I see that vRS batch, there is something which tinkles inside me... cant explain what exact.. but it definitely wont happen with a souped up 1.8 TPI although i agree that its the same engine....
Old 4th May 2010, 22:56   #29
BHPian

Test drove a black vRS today. the drive although felt great, did not feel any turbo lag in the car... is there a lag of turbo lag in the car? or does the turbo lag exist in the car? The interiors are in great condition although the car has done around 70000 km and asking for 5.5 lakh. it was informed to me that the car needs only a little bit of body work and maybe a clutch change after couple of thousand km. The tyres look good and the car looks genuine... The garage owner informed me that the car needs around 35k of expenses which includes some bod work (Dent on the boot and front bumper)

I test drove a black vRS in Mumbai last week... not maintained well and the owner was asking for 6 lakh for the same.
Old 6th May 2010, 08:47   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subodh View Post
Test drove a black vRS today. the drive although felt great, did not feel any turbo lag in the car... is there a lag of turbo lag in the car? or does the turbo lag exist in the car? The interiors are in great condition although the car has done around 70000 km and asking for 5.5 lakh. it was informed to me that the car needs only a little bit of body work and maybe a clutch change after couple of thousand km. The tyres look good and the car looks genuine... The garage owner informed me that the car needs around 35k of expenses which includes some bod work (Dent on the boot and front bumper)

I test drove a black vRS in Mumbai last week... not maintained well and the owner was asking for 6 lakh for the same.
Well according to me 5.5 is a lot for a car that has done 70,000+. The spares of Skoda are hideously expensive so please get these checked. See if all essential parts are working fine. I`d say 4.5 -5 is decent for a VrS that has run 70K.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks