Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2015, 02:38   #31
BHPian

Re: Diesel Jetta v/s Sonata Transform confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_pphilip View Post
Hi Nikhilj, did you proceed with your purchase, the Sonata is a heavy car about 1.7k kgs which is H-E-A-V-Y, in fact feels every bit heavier to a 1st gen Camry too, which may explain the overall 'weighty' feeling, more so if you just moved up the car ladder, and though I can't relate to the experience you mentioned, I drive a Sonata crdi which feels massively front heavy, the suspension isn't as sorted out as a Camry and in our case the rear bottomed a few times, they haven't got the perfect blend here.
If there is a suspension expert around you, take him along for a spin.
I have taken the car several times to the ASC and independent folks and they say there isn't something that's really wrong in there, however the suspension puts me at unease, especially after a spin in my friends Camry or our Skoda.
Its funny, because one drive and you know Hyundai is really struggling in this department, neither is the low speed cushioning perfected nor high speed cruising.
It has its fair share of positives though and if it impresses you for the right reasons, should keep you happy.
Hyundai is a promising auto maker, or should I say major, they have the reliability and support to ensure relatively smooth experience.
Thanks a lot for the feedback. Sorry, I'm so tetribly late with my reply.
I got that Sonata, and as far as I remember now, the "thump" sound turned out to be just the body touching the obnoxiously high speed bumps where I was testing it.
And she's holding up good, and although the ride and handling are nowhere as firm/good as I'd like them to be (Come from a Corolla), the car makes up for it, owing to its iverall comfy ride and plush experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks