Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2010, 15:22   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

I feel this is not the right time to buy a Magnum, the car is just too old and the sales numbers are very low. Nobody knows how long this car will be in production, even now when the car is in production the resale value is low. Another risk is if Chevrolet drops the prices after purchase the resale value will be hit even worse.

Otherwise the car belongs to a segment higher. Its got a very composed ride, very spacious interior and awesome engine.
Old 28th June 2010, 15:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

The Verna or the Fiesta are in no way comparable to the ANHC.

The VW would mean long waiting periods.

Doesnt the Cedia have an auto transmission option?
Old 28th June 2010, 16:07   #18
BHPian

My suggestion: Pre-owned Honda Civic or Corolla. You get some very low mileage cars that are very well kept and well proced too!
Old 28th June 2010, 16:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post

SX4-No offence to SX4 owners but I dont like this car so totally out of option.
Can you please elaborate on why you dislike SX4? I am not offended (being an SX4 owner) but would like to know the reasoning that goes with your dislike.

Murthy
Old 28th June 2010, 16:17   #20
BHPian

Have you seen the Chevy Cruze? I don't know about the specs but that car is a head turner!

If interested check out the initial ownership review in the relevant section posted by a member.

Here's the link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html

Last edited by Wolfheart : 28th June 2010 at 16:26. Reason: added a link
Old 28th June 2010, 17:02   #21
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Best Options.
1) Manza with Driver. Auto for the back seat user - best option.
2) ANHC -Auto
3) I20 Auto 1.4 Petrol
4) Sadly the Verna Auto
Old 28th June 2010, 17:18   #22
VMG
BHPian

There is no Auto gear in Cedia; but it is VFM and very good driver's car.
you will enjoy every moment.
Old 28th June 2010, 17:44   #23
BHPian

Have you tried the Linea. The new Tjet is getting launched in a couple of months, but if more power is not a criteria then tthe current Linea is an accomplished car by itself. The Vento is getting launched next month and is supposed to have rear legroom comparable to the ANHC. Both these cars will suitt your budget and an added advantage is both are European so ride and handling will be good at high speeds as well.

The Linea does not have an automatic version but the Vento is expected to come with one.
Old 28th June 2010, 20:15   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupinder View Post
why dont you go for mitsuhbishi .its an excelent vfm .good riding position and good back seat.
if a diesel u want chevrolet optra magnum has got good power and very spacious rear seat.both are loaded with alloys ,stereo
The only option is Cedia, if he is looking for a driver's delight, it's a good buy.
Optra, a stonker of a engine for sure. But nobody knows the future of this beast. Read elsewhere on the forum that the sales man asked the BHPian to steer clear of the Optra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I feel this is not the right time to buy a Magnum, the car is just too old and the sales numbers are very low. Nobody knows how long this car will be in production, even now when the car is in production the resale value is low. Another risk is if Chevrolet drops the prices after purchase the resale value will be hit even worse.

Otherwise the car belongs to a segment higher. Its got a very composed ride, very spacious interior and awesome engine.
completely.

ANHC is the safest buy for you right now.
Old 2nd July 2010, 21:14   #25
BHPian

Apologies for delayed reply i am on vacation right now so coming online whenever i get free wifi access, i have to book my car as early as i can after i come from my vacation.
So cant wait for VW vento or Linea TJet and the fate of the lancer is still not know.

I think I should be going with ANHC, but the only thing stopping me is that the car is far too common i mean u can see many of them in each lane and road.Its not unique or rare,although did the TD of ANHC V MT model found the car to be excellent, but just wanna TD it again to check it road holding capacity at high speeds above 140kmph. Have heard several complaints that the cars engine looses it breath after 140kmph.

Anyone facing this problem ?
Old 2nd July 2010, 23:02   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
Apologies for delayed reply i am on vacation right now so coming online whenever i get free wifi access, i have to book my car as early as i can after i come from my vacation.
So cant wait for VW vento or Linea TJet and the fate of the lancer is still not know.

I think I should be going with ANHC, but the only thing stopping me is that the car is far too common i mean u can see many of them in each lane and road.Its not unique or rare,although did the TD of ANHC V MT model found the car to be excellent, but just wanna TD it again to check it road holding capacity at high speeds above 140kmph. Have heard several complaints that the cars engine looses it breath after 140kmph.

Anyone facing this problem ?
I have been in an ANHC at high speeds of around 120. And the car did not feel as planted on the road as it should be and definitely not confidence inspiring. This was on straight roads and not ghats/twisties. I wouldnt recommend driving it beyond 120. If high speed driving is what you are looking out for then I suggest you stick to europeans.

Last edited by MihirC : 2nd July 2010 at 23:04.
Old 2nd July 2010, 23:10   #27
BHPian

Thanks for the quick reply i am trying for Cedia as i trust Mitsubishi more than myself they are very reliable and have very good highway manners and cedia is offering me more VFM but the problem is after 3-4years down the line i would not be getting much resale value which my dads company wants.
so in a Fix now.
Old 3rd July 2010, 01:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

@jatinpatel : You shortlisted four cars and discarded two outrightly. So, its basically between ANHC and Ford Fiesta. Both are very competent cars, their owners will vouch for it.

IMHO if you want a diesel its Ford Fiesta and if you want a petrol vehicle its ANHC. Just see the mileage done every month and you will be able to decide.

Last edited by TaureanBull : 3rd July 2010 at 01:17.
Old 3rd July 2010, 02:28   #29
BHPian

@murthy
well before buying the lancer i had the option for SX4 things i didnt like were
Steering response and feel not as good as lancer.
Rear suspension found it to be too hard
did not like the high speed stability of the car
and last but not the least its a maruti which is not as reliable as a Mitsubishi.

I am also considering Cedia Sports advance as an option but the only problem is that my dads company wants resale value too which is poor of that car..

Company said a complete no for pre-worshiped cars so they are out of option.

So the competition is now in between
ANHC(A/T)
Cedia Sports(M/T)

I really have my hear on the Cedia but the the resale thing is a killer.
Old 3rd July 2010, 10:35   #30
BANNED

@jatin: I \wiil only look at three cars - ANHC, Civic and Altis. As a driver's car the Civic is supreme. ANHC is best value for money. Altis the best for rear seat passengers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks